9-1-04 Alpa Code-a-phone Update

Michael Dell, at age 19, began Dell Computers with $1000; with only a high school education with which to make his decisions, he should give all his millions back.

Bill Gates, one of the richest men alive with only a high school education -- how stupid he must be, huh?

The amount of education doesn't necessarily have to equate to the degree of intellect. Repetitive spin doesn't measure one's intellect either. ;)

TheLarkAscending said:
Michael Dell, at age 19, began Dell Computers with $1000; with only a high school education with which to make his decisions, he should give all his millions back.

Bill Gates, one of the richest men alive with only a high school education -- how stupid he must be, huh?
[post="175061"][/post]​

Dell dropped out of college with his father hoping he was doing the right thing, and Gates also dropped out of Harvard, they both did have some college.

Lots of people without educations made it big. In my family my brother-in-law owns a business which I helped him start 20 years ago. He has a high school education and no trade skills, but is simply smart and determined, and he is very wealthy because of it. Own a business or become a doctor or lawyer if you want big bucks, if not don’t b-i-t-c-h.

The RC4/C4 (whatever that means) may actually be doing good: They are creating and collecting evidence on behalf of ALPA that US Airways management is not negotiating in good faith. While I am certain that every day, things get worse for US Airways, I don't think they get worse by a magnitude of 16% paycut last week and a 30% paycut this week. Under this scenario, and assuming the company will be around for it, the company should be asking for about 100% pay cuts by the end of September... (this may happen anyway)

So the RC4/C4 can either take their chances with a judge, and present evidence that the company is not bargaining in good faith, or they can fold, let management do what it wants, and make very little impact to the bottom line (that US Airways is likely to go out of business).

The impact of this negotiation is not very relevant to the endgame for US Airways... Other union accords will not be reached in time (less than two weeks) much less ratified. Bankruptcy will be filed. A Chapter 7 filing or conversion is likely. US Airways will invoke all remedies available to it in BK, including S1113/1114 of the ALPA contract (whether amended or not), as long as its in the companies interest to do so (and it will be). The company has not honored its previous contracts, so I don't know why anyone expects the company to honor the next one.

Meanwhile, the endgame for ALPA is much more "up-in-the-air". (Pardon the pun.) If the RC4/C4 lose their battle, and ALPA rolls over, ALPA will pretty much become an almost irrelevant force in the industry. While US Airways problems are severe, the company is asking for Round 3 of concessions, and yet has only implemented maybe 10-15% of the Transformation plan...

... Yes, I know its waiting like a light switch, ready to be turned on... In the meantime, we all sit here in the dark.

If the RC4/C4 win, US Airways may indeed Liquidate, but there is no certainty that this is not the ultimate outcome anyway. But, if the RC4/C4 wins, maybe ALPA begins to figure out that you cannot throw some members under the bus to save the others. Maybe ALPA learns that its own conflicts of interest are too intense (i.e. representing mainline pilots and regional pilots). I believe that if ALPA continues to roll over everytime management comes knocking, after getting zero return on previous "concession-investments" (as I call them), then ALPA will soon be relegated to the heap of things no longer relevant.

Meanwhile, it seems like the fate of 28,000 employees hangs in the balance, when really, their fate has already been determined.

USA320Pilot said:
The RC4 think they're tough guys and their sentiment is not compromised, but they have "moles" in their ranks.

....Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="174974"][/post]​

You are always talking about your inside conections in high places and friendships with the erudite.

Is this what you meant? You are a mole?

Has management not tipped thier hat to thier end game? They want 30% more from ALPA, elimination of all IAM jobs, with the exception of line maintainence, express wage F / As, and $13 per hour agents. They will get this. There will be a round 4 or 5, whatever it takes to incrementally achieve this goal. Keep rolling over ALPA! Management will be back for more!

Latest posts