ALPA Executive Board to hear US Airways East MEC request

JuneBug,

That is interesting because I heard the opposite from our EVP. In regard to delaying it, the US Airways pilots have the right to delay it for at least 3 years until their contract is amendable, then enter into Section VI negotiations, mediation, then a 30-day cooling off period, and a strike. In the case of the AWA pilots it took 4 years past the amendable date of their last contract to get a new agreement.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

s

I now have a call into Tom.

We'll see just what you heard.

<_<

I now have a call into Tom.

We'll see just what you heard.

<_<

Uh oh Junebug, you've done it now. Next you'll post the facts in only three or four sentences and those facts will corner A320. But then he will retaliate with a 3000+ word essay that contains all kinds of wild "facts," all kinds of quotes by unnamed "sources," and all kinds of conclusions which are completely baseless but in his mind go to "prove" that you are lying. Wash, rinse, spin.

But the rest of us are genuinely interested in what Tom has to say. Thanks for sharing them.

2. There is a large contingent of US Airways pilots who have begun the process to decertify ALPA off of the East property with the intention of imposing a new union on the WEst pilots.

This is not possible, and it would be helpful not to suggest as if it is.

aquagreen73s wrote:

<<Uh oh Junebug, you've done it now. Next you'll post the facts in only three or four sentences and those facts will corner A320. But then he will retaliate with a 3000+ word essay that contains all kinds of wild "facts," all kinds of quotes by unnamed "sources," and all kinds of conclusions which are completely baseless but in his mind go to "prove" that you are lying. Wash, rinse, spin.>>

Also, look for the essay to include words and phrases such as "executive suite, moreover, and from this observer's perch". Other possiblities would be "Tempe-based Airline", and "sources I have spoken with".

So USA320, is this now considered a UCT, an ICT or just a big ACT?

Quiet. Too quiet. It appears the Chips are down.

Hawkhunter...if that's your attitude, then I suspect you have been or will be a regular guest in the chief pilots office. It never ceases to amaze me that there is always a small collection who think the light at the end of the tunnel is something other than a train.

By the way, "drueling" = drooling. Dueling is something altogether different.

Excuse me, drooling not drueling. How about getting a woody.Who cares about going to the chief pilots office.

Maybe you can Google me a map - I can't seem to find windfall anywhere.....

Jim

Really? I have been at US for 21 years and I am junior to 1500 out of 1800 AWA pricks. Maybe you can Google me a map and show me how it is not.

Maybe you can Google me a map and show me how it is not.
If the list when into effect at midnight, show just how you would be disadvantaged tomorrow, next week, next month.

What determines you bidding "horsepower" (and at 21 years you have "ponypower" now)? Isn't it your relative position on the list? Is your relative position on the combined list lower or higher than on the East list? So tell me, do you have more or less "horsepower" if the list goes into effect?

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Jim

JuneBug,

That is interesting because I heard the opposite from our EVP. In regard to delaying it, the US Airways pilots have the right to delay it for at least 3 years until their contract is amendable, then enter into Section VI negotiations, mediation, then a 30-day cooling off period, and a strike. In the case of the AWA pilots it took 4 years past the amendable date of their last contract to get a new agreement.

If that occurs with the US Airways pilots it would be at least 7 years before any list could go together.

Meanwhile, the US Airways pilots would have a lower cost contract than the AWA pilots and where do you think any growth flying would go, to the high cost operator or the low cost operator?

In the meantime the AWA pilots will have to enter into Section VI negotiations on their own and if the pilots strike, how many US Airways East pilots do you believe would cross your picket line to break the strike? From what I am hearing almost all of the East pilots.

Furthermore, the process has started to decertify ALPA on the East property and then impose a new union on the AWA pilots. Can you stop this? No, you cannot.

In the meantime the US Airways pilots have recalled 386 pilots this year, it is receiving all of the EMB-190s, all of the transatlantic growth, it has over 2,500 pilots retiring in the next 10 years, and the AWA pilots have about 500 retirements in the next 10 years.

This will permit US Airways pilots to have improved schedules, quality of life, and pay raises when reserves become lineholders, F/O's become Captains (again), and narrowbody pilots become widebody pilots, all providing meaningful pay raises.

What do the AWA pilots get? Nothing, until they negotiate their own contract, which could take another 4 years. Even then they do not get upward movement because of no growth on the West side and much less retirements than the East.

As I have indicated there is a way out of this mess and that is to protect each others flying by having permanent fences around East and West Coast bases. Would that be agreeable to you?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

s
----------------------------------------------------

Waiting another 7yrs for a pay raise just to let the west inherit the airline at that point is just not gonna fly ab320.

I appreciate what your trying to do but this particular plan will be a non-starter/////

If the list when into effect at midnight, show just how you would be disadvantaged tomorrow, next week, next month.

What determines you bidding "horsepower" (and at 21 years you have "ponypower" now)? Isn't it your relative position on the list? Is your relative position on the combined list lower or higher than on the East list? So tell me, do you have more or less "horsepower" if the list goes into effect?

Jim

If I remember correctly you are a retiree. If so I am surprised you would try to separate two fighting dogs by their ears. :shock:

To answer your percentage question, it would depend on if you assume a list of 3000 USAir pilots or a list of 4500 pilots. There could be arguments for using either, among them, don’t feel bad the furloughs are used to it.

But really the question was about "horsepower". The relevant horsepower becomes evident when something significant happens. For instance, "horsepower" might be seen when the reps vote out your retirement. Didn’t seem to be much horsepower then.

It remains to be seen if there really is any horsepower at USAir.

Jim

Jim,

Save Dave from the west has zero pilots below him. If the list goes together he goes from zero to 1800 pilots under him. His relative position skyrockets at the east expense and he captures all attrition with no fences.

Jim,

Save Dave from the west has zero pilots below him. If the list goes together he goes from zero to 1800 pilots under him. His relative position skyrockets at the east expense and he captures all attrition with no fences.

Warm bodies are meaningless. It's the number of pilot jobs which matters and there sure as heck aren't 1800 pilot jobs below Dave.

Back