US Airways ALPA MEC Chairman's Message - May 7

From what I understand, Prater can step in and scuttle the whole deal if he wants to. Right now, he's looking for precedence, although he can set his own, if need be.

Regarding the alteration of merger policy, I'm glad it was changed from straight date of hire. Everyone should fly what they bring to the dance and have the career expectation they were anticipating. If the career expectation is altered because of a merger, it should be altered for everyone, not just one side.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Prater can not, and will not, scuttle anything. If you need me to, I can cite the pertinent paragraph in the ALPA Admin Manual.

If someone is telling you the he can even so much as amend the decision, then you're being lied to.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Prater can not, and will not, scuttle anything. If you need me to, I can cite the pertinent paragraph in the ALPA Admin Manual.

If someone is telling you the he can even so much as amend the decision, then you're being lied to.

Oh, little junebug/grasshopper, I once worked under a contract that said none of us could be furloughed....wasn't worth the paper it was written on. And I can cite that sentence you reference too..."abitrator's decision is final and binding"..blah, blah blah. However, with the stroke of a pen, that page can be changed. You seem to forget, you're dealing with an association that can change outcomes to suit it's needs as it sees fit.

Do you really believe national is going to risk losing the us air boys to make you guys happy? How long have you been flying?

Dave,

The threat to ALPA International is not only losing the "US "Airways Boys", but the ability for the US Airways pilots to force ALPA to lose the "AWA boys" too, by kicking ALPA off of the property at both pre-merger companies.

By the way, I am not the originator of this thought and this potential action was provided to me from an East MEC member who participated in the MEC discussions.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Dave,

The threat to ALPA International is not only losing the "US "Airways Boys", but the ability for the US Airways pilots to force ALPA to lose the "AWA boys" too, by kicking ALPA off of the property at both pre-merger companies.

By the way, I am not the originator of this thought and this potential action was provided to me from an East MEC member who participated in the MEC discussions.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Utterly drastic and rediculous. There are far saner solutions to this problem.

Oh, little junebug/grasshopper, I once worked under a contract that said none of us could be furloughed....wasn't worth the paper it was written on. And I can cite that sentence you reference too..."abitrator's decision is final and binding"..blah, blah blah. However, with the stroke of a pen, that page can be changed. You seem to forget, you're dealing with an association that can change outcomes to suit it's needs as it sees fit.

Do you really believe national is going to risk losing the us air boys to make you guys happy? How long have you been flying?

And you seem to forget there Dave that this decision is in the books and that any change (which would never happen anyway) would make zero impact on the new list.

Dave,

Never happen. Prater knows that the vast majority of the "it's better to have a job" crowd at East won't boot the union.

And you seem to forget there Dave that this decision is in the books and that any change (which would never happen anyway) would make zero impact on the new list.

Junebug,

Trust me, it ain't over til it's over. National will do whatever is necessary to protect itself, that is something I think everyone can agree on.

Dave,

USA320Pilot

Then be gone! "kicking ALPA off the property" is comical. If you want to leave ALPA that's your prerogative. Leave.

No one is going to support changing ALPA merger policy or overturning the binding arbitration just because a few thousand crybabies didn't like the outcome. There are tens of thousands of ALPA pilots who don't support DOH integrations. USAirways represents a small minority of ALPA pilots. This award will stand and current ALPA merger policy will prevail.

Then be gone! "kicking ALPA off the property" is comical. If you want to leave ALPA that's your prerogative. Leave.

No one is going to support changing ALPA merger policy or overturning the binding arbitration just because a few thousand crybabies didn't like the outcome. There are tens of thousands of ALPA pilots who don't support DOH integrations. USAirways represents a small minority of ALPA pilots. This award will stand and current ALPA merger policy will prevail.

Everyone knows...and I mean EVERYONE...that if it was USAir grabbing TWA out of BK in 2000, then the integration methodology pushed by USAir would have been anything but DOH.