Alpa Nc & Usair Reach Rj Scope Agreement

Why is it ALPA's responsibility to sacrifice anything for their members to protect the jobs of OTHER work groups?

Do any mechanics / flight attendants / reservation agents / CSRs pay dues to ALPA? (Rhetorical question of course.)

I am not saying ALPA should actively do something with the INTENT to screw another work group out of spite or anything. But their responsibility is to the PILOTS and the pilots alone.

I don't see any moral obligation on ALPA's part to have to agree to a worse deal for their members just to make things not as harsh for another group. The AFA / IAM / CWA / etc. have the responsibility to look out for their respective work groups, not ALPA.

ktflyhome said:
Oh Boy, let's see: 1.) Tag Along Rights 2.)Jumpseating rights 3.)Security Checkpoint Rights 4.)Commuting Policy Rights 5.) Trip Pairing(whatever). Wow. At the expense of more people's jobs. Brilliant. Just Brilliant. <_<
Your right. This goes along with alpa getting emerg. exit row seating on d/h's, first class seats when they have a jump seat pass, and crew meals for their members for other cuts! And these guys are paying out the nose for these "professional" negotiators? Sheeze!

USA320Pilot said:
Finally, ALPA spokesman Jack Stephan told the Charlotte Observer in an interview yesterday that "We're anxious to work with the airline and the rest of labor on the plan to return the airline to profitability."
Thanks Jack. But we don't need you working with the rest of us. You seem to do a good enough job screwing your own members. Let our union reps screw us for themselves. Thanks for the offer though.

Bear96 said:
Why is it ALPA's responsibility to sacrifice anything for their members to protect the jobs of OTHER work groups?

Do any mechanics / flight attendants / reservation agents / CSRs pay dues to ALPA? (Rhetorical question of course.)

I am not saying ALPA should actively do something with the INTENT to screw another work group out of spite or anything. But their responsibility is to the PILOTS and the pilots alone.

I don't see any moral obligation on ALPA's part to have to agree to a worse deal for their members just to make things not as harsh for another group. The AFA / IAM / CWA / etc. have the responsibility to look out for their respective work groups, not ALPA.
I agree.

So I look forward to U ALPA deleting all of the "everyone else must feel our pain" clauses in their negotiations.

It is entirely rational and possible that a majority of U pilots are willing to conceed, and a majority of AFA, or CWA, or IAM, aren't.

ktflyhome said:
Oh Boy, let's see: 1.) Tag Along Rights 2.)Jumpseating rights 3.)Security Checkpoint Rights 4.)Commuting Policy Rights 5.) Trip Pairing(whatever). Wow. At the expense of more people's jobs. Brilliant. Just Brilliant. <_<
Yeah, it's sad when a group of people will eat their young to make commuting easier.

Who cares. They wont get on anyway because the entire system but a few planes will be operated by affiliates, whos own pilot jumpseaters will bump these jerks off the jumpseat. We'll them at the Home Depot soon enough.

at least the alpa dudes dont have to work for 13.01 an hr like those os us who are stuck in an expressed outsourced cities such as avp, cle, ilm, abe, etc etc.. they have a better job protection than the rest of us employees!

Kt, It will make the "senior" pilots job and commute easier.

Wings396, I would say the E-jet series are very comparative to the smaller 737 series. It really is not a joke.

E-170 = E-195 and never forget it!!!!

Bear96 said:

Your right.
But is giving scope away a good idea for any union?

Bear96 said:

It is not the responsibility of any work group to sacrifice their own for the sake of others. I don't think anyone here was implying such a thing. I think the basis for what you may deem "sacrificial" postings is the fact that usually when ALPA agrees others with follow. We have come to the end of the "ALPA will lead era".

This is not a time for people to be dilllusional, unorganized, nor bickering amongst each other. We have come to the fork in the road. Being divided is not acceptable. The division is being drawn by management. They are pitting one work group against the remaining simply because their plans are predominately discussed only with ALPA. We all have a stake in this and we all must be given the options and scenarios - EQUALLY. ALPA is not omnipotent nor is any other work group.

We all have sacrificed and if you want to put it into perspective my $12 hr. with more benefit costs, less vacation pay, less holidays, and less sick pay is just as extreme as someone who took a pay cut from $200,000 a year to $150,000 a year. Why- you ask? Because $19.00 a month vs. $120.00 a month for benefits is a big issue. 75% pay vs. 100% pay for vacation is a big issue. 10 sick days vs. 5 sick days is a big issue. Going from some vision care to no vision care is a huge issue. ETC ETC ETC ETC My $50,000 house vs. a $200,000 house is a big issue. Need you ask more?

tadjr said:
Whats really sad is 5 years ago, no RJS on property, no way, no matter what. Now, bring em on, all of them, as many as you can get, without much in return. Too bad hind sight is 20/20. (and I know management had a say in this too, its just sad all around.) :(
IMHO,

Wht is sad is that we did not pro-actively address/embrace the RJ phenomina early on to capture the benefit for all of our labor groups, to whatever degree would have been posible.

I left PeopleExpress flying a B727 to fly an F28 at Piedmont, and was happy to do that. How did we (the entire industry) turn our collective noses up at 50 seat jets? A major mistake for airline unions....

Now playing catch-up, we are not a position of strenght...shame on us.

We are where we are, lets not continue to make choices that are the equivilant of shooting ourselves in the foot!

Light Years said:
Who cares. They wont get on anyway because the entire system but a few planes will be operated by affiliates, whos own pilot jumpseaters will bump these jerks off the jumpseat. We'll them at the Home Depot soon enough.
One interesting idea is; Why would Home Depot hire us? Do you have experience/expertise in construction or some other field that would add value to Home Depot (other than pushing shopping carts)?

There is a line around the block for jobs like that....

Latest posts