Alpa - Us Airways Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chip Munn said:
AAviator:

AAviator asked: How much lower do you think the MEC will agree to lower the bar for total pilot compensation at a mainline carrier in support of a failed business plan?

Chip answers: None. The pilot group represented 10% of the employees, 30% of the labor expense, and provided greater than 60% of the concessions. The pilots were the only employees to meet 100% of their target concessions, the only employee group to lose their DB retirement plan (resulting in a 50% to 70% reduction in retirement benefits), and will see about a 9% reduction in pilot positions due to "Pref Bid".

Regards,

Chip

;)
Chip, There is no doubt that the pilot group took a huge hit, [along with every other group on the property]....... Please refresh my memory, I believe the pilot group owns 20% of UAIR due to the amount of stock that was negotiated during bankrupcy...Would this be considered a fact ?? ;)

Insp89:

I agree everybody took a major hit and if my memory serves me correct ALPA received 17.5 million shares, which was slightly less than 20% of the company.

Regards,

Chip

There have been ongoing negotiations between PSA MEC and the U MEC regarding the placement of the 700/705 at PSA. However, staffing must be 50/50 for PSA to accept them.

Chip Munn said:
US Airways ALPA MEC chairman Bill Pollock, MEC vice-chairman Kim Snider and MEC secretary/treasurer Mike D'Angelo will meet with US Airways chief executive officer and president Dave Siegel for a briefing on the "State of the Airline" on Wednesday, November 19, in the afternoon.

Regards,

Chip

a53.gif
well IAM officials were scheduled to meet with Boy Dave for a similar meeting and IAM opted not to go . so why does ALPA wish an audience then?
are you sure thats a "cigar" you're smoking???

Dell,

What reason does the IAM have for not meeting with it's adversary face to face ??

Would you not see this as a chance to learn more about the actual direction they hinting at?

Capt Wm. Pollock (USAirwas ALPA MEC Chairman) said in a letter to pilots friday:

If Mr. Siegel attempts to contact me to discuss US
Airways’ plan for cost-cutting, I will tell him that we deserve a commitment from management to return US
Airways to profitability by using the investment that we have already provided.

For what it may be worth. "Commitment" how is that different from contract?

its my understanding U asked ONLY PIT IAM officials.....PIT IAM does not represent the entire group......unless Boy Dave thinks they do.....is this a divide and conquer move for the plighted?

AAviator said:
how much lower do you think the MEC will agree to lower the bar for total pilot compensation at a mainline carrier in support of a failed business plan?
Ok the other shoe has dropped. Whats the buisness plan? The U MEC will down in history for doing to the pilot profession, what Frank Lorenzo did to Continental. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.