Amazon Union Vote Fails by 2:1 Margin

Don't worry about gang shootings or any other homicide by guns anymore.

The current government in power wants police to cease all traffic stops (Berkeley, CA), not pursue anyone on foot unless they get prior authorization and not go to calls that could involve a mental health issue unless accompanied by a trained professional.

And unless they abolish HIPAA laws that cover mental health, good luck getting or preventing guns from getting in the hands of the mentally ill. And the ACLU and most lawmakers will never allow someone being branded mental ill for the purpose of banning them from possessing a firearm.

Basically our new government doesn't want ANYONE to have a gun.... including the police.

I agree there's no need for a civilian to have a large capacity magazine (more than 10 rounds) and there should be a minimum barrel length for a rifle but that's it (for the record, I'm a multiple gun owner, trap shooter and hunter for the past 50 years).

Basically our new government doesn't want ANYONE to have a gun.... including the police.

I kind of wish for the good old days when Biden was ridiculed for saying to fire a shotgun in the air to scare off an intruder. Now apparently he doesn't even want us to own a shotgun.

So...

When a school gets shot up "sh!t happens...there are more suicides"

When a mall gets shot up "sh!t happens....why don't you worry about Chicago gangs"

When a concert gets shot up "sh!t happens...this is peanuts compared to homicides in general"

So you are okay with Sandy Hook, Stoneman, Orlando, El Paso, Las Vegas, Dayton and others? They are nothing that we should be concerned about? Freemdom does come with a price I guess.

Are those incidents any more or less horrific than young child killed by stray gunfire while sitting on a couch with grandma?
Why hasn't Chicago ever generated the same amount of vitriol? Dead is dead. You want to talk about 'do noting GOP'.....and Chi-town isn't by itself.

Those incidents you cite have always been excellent fund raisers for the left. Never saw one body get cold before some dem was all over the media about penalizing law abiding gun owners. Doesn't seem they are too concerned about criminals and guns when all they re intent on is getting firearms out of citizens hands.

I think January 6th was a big eye opener for our elitist legislators....in more ways than one.

So you are okay with Sandy Hook, Stoneman, Orlando, El Paso, Las Vegas, Dayton and others? They are nothing that we should be concerned about? Freemdom does come with a price I guess.

Absolutely they're worth being concerned about. And in each case, it appears the shooters followed existing laws, up to the point they initiated their crimes.

Did 9/11 justify the Patriot Act? It's the same exact premise -- giving up liberties and rights due to public outrage.

I kind of wish for the good old days when Biden was ridiculed for saying to fire a shotgun in the air to scare off an intruder. Now apparently he doesn't even want us to own a shotgun.

Still damn funny 8 years later.

Thought you were having a conniption over mass shootings. Looks like your rent free border took over....

1jcr56.jpg

Still waiting for KC's response on the Patriot Act...

Since all he could post was a funny satire video, it seems he was all good with trampling on the First, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Thirteenth, and possibly the Fourteenth Amendments all in the name of "security for the homeland"....

Still waiting for KC's response on the Patriot Act...

Since all he could post was a funny satire video, it seems he was all good with trampling on the First, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Thirteenth, and possibly the Fourteenth Amendments all in the name of "security for the homeland"....
OH how wrong you are. YOU think I must support the Patriot Act, when back in 2003, I was adamantly OPPOSED to it and I pointed out the trampling of rights. I was often called a "Terrorist supporting America hater" from...well...YOUR side. I was told by YOUR side that "If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about". I told you guys that when you crack the door to rights being trampled by the "good guys", you were vulnerable to having it kicked in when "the bad guys" were in office. I would even be willing to bet (if the posts are out there from 2003) that YOU were among the supporters of this

But now that we have that out of the way - I noticed that you STILL haven't offered up ANYTHING to address the problem of schools, theaters, discos, concerts and malls being shot up. Sorry...but I'm not willing to accept "but they are so rare". They are more common in the US than in any other country in the world. Why is this, and what can we do to get it down to a "zero tolerance" level?

OH how wrong you are. YOU think I must support the Patriot Act, when back in 2003, I was adamantly OPPOSED to it

Yet you're OK saying "If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about" when it comes to the Second Amendment.

Guess that makes you a hypocrite if some Amendments are sacrosanct but others aren't.

Yet you're OK saying "If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about" when it comes to the Second Amendment.

Guess that makes you a hypocrite if some Amendments are sacrosanct but others aren't.
I've said nothing of the sort. I said that I believe that then number of schools, malls, discos, and concerts that are shot up is a problem. I asked what to do about it. You all said thoughts and prayers and then asked me what I'd do about it. I posted something, which is far more that you guys did. Yep...mine were pretty extreme. Your's were non existant. Indeed, it seems like you all are okay with mass shootings. Because you STILL haven't offered a single idea about what to do.