America West pilots weather briefing

:eek: The final peice of the puzzle. No wonder the East operation is in the toilet with these baffons at the helm. And here the agents on the East went from a grown up computer to a speak and spell. :rolleyes: Oh it's so sad! :unsure:

I would not at this point call yourself a spin doctor expert.

That clip actually explains a lot. The past two weeks or so we've had two flights divert (only one each time) due to storms. Guess which side of the fleet it was? The plane can come 4 hours from LAS to CLT, but have it hold for 20 mins due to storms and its got to divert. Hello, when figuring fuel load, etc and its been raining here since noon, please plan accordingly. Thanks.

This was todays....
Flight # 310
Depart Charlotte, NC
Date 7/16/2007
Gate B3
Scheduled 4:15 PM
Actual 4:15 PM
Status Diverted To FLL
Flight Status
Diverted To Fort Lauderdale -
Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Date 7/16/2007
Actual 7:48 PM Departed

Arrive Tampa, FL
Date 7/16/2007
Gate 8
Scheduled 5:58 PM
Actual 8:52 PM
Status Arrived

Given a proper airline computer system not some third world crap, our agents can handle anything. People from the West use SHARES and they see a cloud an RUN! Aunty Em, Uncle Henry It's a Twister! It's a Twister! :lol: I mean this computer is a joke. It will never be a real system. It tinkey toy airways with it's 45 min connect times. Amature West is firmly in control....there is nothing to worry about. ;)

That clip actually explains a lot. The past two weeks or so we've had two flights divert (only one each time) due to storms.

Wow, the internet is so amazing. Instant live information feed. However, that clip is from 1996. (First clue: It says Cloudwatch '96 in the background).

Anybody got radar pics for Florida and the Southeast. You know, the ones with a huge red dot right over FL, GA, NC, most of VA, DC, MD and PHL every afternoon from late June to early September?

Given a proper airline computer system not some third world crap, our agents can handle anything. People from the West use SHARES and they see a cloud an RUN! Aunty Em, Uncle Henry It's a Twister! It's a Twister! :lol: I mean this computer is a joke. It will never be a real system. It tinkey toy airways with it's 45 min connect times. Amature West is firmly in control....there is nothing to worry about. ;)
Good point. How many times have the agents and pilots dealt with freezing rain, snow storms, thunderstorms. It is a every day occurrence for the east side, the west side, only if they had a flight that crossed the continental divide.

Yep, you guys got us. We are totally amateurs out here who don't know how to fly in weather. Make sure you don't tell the FAA or they will revoke our Instrument Ratings and we'll just be day VFR pilots.

It's a good thing that AAA closed down their west bases long ago otherwise you would have a bunch of amateurs from PSA still flying there also.

Yep, you guys got us. We are totally amateurs out here who don't know how to fly in weather. Make sure you don't tell the FAA or they will revoke our Instrument Ratings and we'll just be day VFR pilots.

It's a good thing that AAA closed down their west bases long ago otherwise you would have a bunch of amateurs from PSA still flying there also.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one! We just got slammed with monsoons last nite in Phoenix. Dust storm, lightning and rain.

What's the matter you guys don't like our old commercials? We had lots of cools one like that. I think what this thread has just demonstrated is that fact that America West was and fun, neat little airline that had a bunch of great people who came to work and had a good time. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, put down others and got all twisted and uptight about the stupidest little things. You easties could acually learn a thing or two about the culture the west had BEFORE this marriage.

What's the matter you guys don't like our old commercials? We had lots of cools one like that. I think what this thread has just demonstrated is that fact that America West was and fun, neat little airline that had a bunch of great people who came to work and had a good time. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, put down others and got all twisted and uptight about the stupidest little things. You easties could acually learn a thing or two about the culture the west had BEFORE this marriage.

Those commercials are great too bad no one has a sense of humor :(

I could not have said it better! Oh man the level of Stress for the EASTIES. Some self induced, some Mgm'ts.

So many concesions, give backs, loss of pensions, divorces, job instability, personal bankruptcies, And the list goes ON!

Easties take a CHILL PILL, and maybe you'll be happy and live longer!

Mostly directed to the Web Biatches, wich are the MINORITY. I have had the opportunity to meet several dozen EAST Pilots and have been impressed with their attitude, professionalism and respect.

Right Nuttstradamus? :up: