American Airlines canceled my flight without notification

Jun 15, 2021
On June 15, 2021 at 10:25AM ET, I received an email from AA saying that my July flight had been canceled on June 15, 2021 at 2:23PM CT. When the notice arrived to my Inbox, it was 8:25AM CT! When I looked up my record locator number, my trip had been canceled! I did not cancel this flight. I have not received a call or notification from AA, beyond this crazy email. I tried to email and call AA but cannot get through to them. They said they would provide a call back but no one called. Any suggestions on how to reach American Airlines to report this and find out what happened?

If you were ever a Exec Plat traveler, you'd know that flights get canceled without a lot of notice, including future date.

Reactions: JREwing
On June 15, 2021 at 10:25AM ET, I received an email from AA saying that my July flight had been canceled on June 15, 2021 at 2:23PM CT. When the notice arrived to my Inbox, it was 8:25AM CT! When I looked up my record locator number, my trip had been canceled! I did not cancel this flight. I have not received a call or notification from AA, beyond this crazy email. I tried to email and call AA but cannot get through to them. They said they would provide a call back but no one called. Any suggestions on how to reach American Airlines to report this and find out what happened?
Odd to say the least. If they did cancel, and you have the option of traveling a little later Southwest is having a 50% off sale for 50th anniversary. Only catch is travel times are for Sep-Nov, might be well worth it to change the dates though.

"Want To Get Away"
"Gonna Get Away"
You might thank AA for saving you so much $$$

Uh, based on Southwest canceling hundreds of flights in the last three days, I think I'd pass on that one...

Umm you received an email. That is Notification. I have never received a phone call when an airline has cancelled my flight.

Uh, based on Southwest canceling hundreds of flights in the last three days, I think I'd pass on that one...
Good. Then you will miss out.
It's a minor computer glitch that is now fixed but the aftermath is still getting fixed after it multiplied into more flights down the road. I am confident it'll all be fixed by end of this week and don't worry, nobody will pass on a 50% off sale, you just can't beat $60 for one way from STL to FLA.
Happy flying folks...

It's a minor computer glitch that is now fixed but the aftermath is still getting fixed after it multiplied into more flights down the road. I am confident it'll all be fixed by end of this week and don't worry, nobody will pass on a 50% off sale, you just can't beat $60 for one way from STL to FLA.
Happy flying folks...
How about $59? LOL.....

• Haha
Reactions: swamt

Meh. I fly free. ;)

Happy flying folks...

Minor?...

395 cancellations and 1,414 delays yesterday, which was over half your schedule. It's not even 0900 and there are 60+ cancellations for today.....

I know, everyone has a couple bad days now and then. This is probably the worst I've seen for WN, and it's on your anniversary.....

How about $59? LOL.....
Good one. I believe that was the cost this lady paid for each way to Fla.
I'm surprised they didn't put a $50 price tag on a bunch of them. If they did I haven't seen it yet.

Meh. I fly free. ;)

Minor?...

395 cancellations and 1,414 delays yesterday, which was over half your schedule. It's not even 0900 and there are 60+ cancellations for today.....

I know, everyone has a couple bad days now and then. This is probably the worst I've seen for WN, and it's on your anniversary.....
A small % to the entire flights for the entire day, but yes, a bigger hiccup than anyone would like to experience.
When you posted yesterday morning around 7am it wasn't SWA's anniversary, today is the anniversary day and the day they are celebrating the 50th.
I don't sweat the stuff I have no control over, it will all get worked out and everyone will move on and forget about it all, especially when they start hearing 50% off flights for 50 days. I don't recall EVER seeing a sale go for so long, usually SWA's "wanna get away" fare sales only last about 2-4 days. Leaving the fare sales open for 50 days will get the planes packed for the rest of this year.
Flying for free doesn't work to well for us at SWA as our planes are always full for the popular destinations, most of us just buy the tickets, or use points so we have no problems. Non-revving is not very user friendly when ya have packed aircraft.

Odd to say the least. If they did cancel, and you have the option of traveling a little later Southwest is having a 50% off sale for 50th anniversary. Only catch is travel times are for Sep-Nov, might be well worth it to change the dates though.

"Want To Get Away"
"Gonna Get Away"
You might thank AA for saving you so much $$$

I come here for the comedy. :D :D :D
1624338884969.png

Flying for free doesn't work to well for us at SWA as our planes are always full for the popular destinations, most of us just buy the tickets, or use points so we have no problems. Non-revving is not very user friendly when ya have packed aircraft.
Good on you guys. Glad your airline is doing well.