American Airlines, CLT detail growth plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
robbedagain said:
excellent points there phoenix.    CLT will retain some INTL flying  the question is how many  and to where..   me thinks FRA and LHR  may be CDG stay long term.   But one thing is I do think CLT will see a good increase in domestic growth out of CLT  

As some one else asked...what is you USAir people's love affair with CLT?  Why would domestic growth increase there?  What has changed that would prompt that...nothing.  Passenger's could have used CLT before the merger just as easily.  

No...the big change will come when the new AA rationalizes it's network.  Most AA people on here believe CLT will eventually be reduced because, not only have we have seen this "rationalization" before, but it makes sense.  It will start with rationalizing the international flights.  Robbed, as even you believe, CLT will reduce INTL flying.  Once that occurs, you will see reduced connections...no way "domestic growth" is going to offset the INTL flying.  And as more intl flights are moved, you will see more over-flying of CLT from smaller cities to directly connect passengers in MIA, JFK, PHL to these flights.

So, in my opinion, CLT will remain a domestic hub, but I really find it hard to believe it will retain the international flying it does today...which means, I find it hard to believe it retain the number of domestic flights it does today.

• Banned
Guess you havent realized that US has added domestic flights to CLT and upgraded Eagle flights to US mainline after the merger.

i never said i was a fan of CLT   i only have been saying that CLT is ripe for growth and gave my own opin  and why it is a better alternative to ATL   CLT will retain some INTL flights  and it will grow more domestic flights too..   the one hub I see that's going to suffer a lot is PHX  much more so than CLT   CLT is basically the ATL of the South for the new AA   we can hash about that pax going from SAV to RIC   thru CLT rather than back tracking to ATL or south to MIA or west to DFW

700UW said:
Guess you havent realized that US has added domestic flights to CLT and upgraded Eagle flights to US mainline after the merger.
That's because before the merger CLT was never a major market for AA.  As I said before, CLT had mostly Eagle operations and a few mainline to DFW, no Admirals Club, no crew base, outsourced fleet service, no maintenance it was never an important station for AA.  Now that AA and US are merging it makes sense to increase capacity on mainline rather than have AA and US offer competing schedules they can better streamline the operation this way.  I wouldn't read too much into these changes.

Josh

jcw said:
The other point lost on so many people is CLT is the most profitable hub in the AA/US network
Most profitable by what measure... net profit? margin?

On a margin basis I can believe it given CLT is a relatively low cost facility. So are ATL and DFW for that matter.

On an actual revenue contribution basis, I'd guess CLT is well behind markets with serious high yielding O&D, e.g. PHL, LGA, DCA, MIA, and LAX.

• Banned
737823 said:
That's because before the merger CLT was never a major market for AA.  As I said before, CLT had mostly Eagle operations and a few mainline to DFW, no Admirals Club, no crew base, outsourced fleet service, no maintenance it was never an important station for AA.  Now that AA and US are merging it makes sense to increase capacity on mainline rather than have AA and US offer competing schedules they can better streamline the operation this way.  I wouldn't read too much into these changes.

Josh
And you can say that about every city in the AA system except the hubs and focus cities.

You are truly just and idiot and a hater, you cant keep your personal biases out of the debate.

Like I said, CLT has been a hub for EA, PI, US and now the new AA.

So four sets of airlines management and executives were wrong and you are the all knowing aviation expert in everything.

Are you that obtuse?

No you can't say that about every city except hubs and focus cities. 

Admirals Clubs are located in other non-hub cities. Let's see John Wayne/SNA isn't a hub yet I visited the Admirals Club there.

Mainline fleet service is at 17 stations.

F/A bases are at BOS/BOS-I, DCA, DFW/IDF, LAX/ILA, LGA/JFK, MIA/IMA, ORD/IOR, RDU-I, SFO, and STL

Don't let the facts get in your way!

Josh

• Banned
AA contracts out more in ramp than they do in-house, thats a fact, and there are more cities without crew bases and ramp, and clubs than they are with.

The only obtuse person is you.

• Banned
Duh, like no one didnt know that, lol!

It has been a major hub in the SE for years, back to Eastern and Piedmont.

Funny CLT is still a hub for US and the new AA, yet BNA, and RDU arent for AA nor is GSO for CO who tried to operate a hub there with CAL Lite.

700UW said:
Duh, like no one didnt know that, lol!

It has been a major hub in the SE for years, back to Eastern and Piedmont.

Funny CLT is still a hub for US and the new AA, yet BNA, and RDU arent for AA nor is GSO for CO who tried to operate a hub there with CAL Lite.

Well other non-hub stations have been much stronger for AA like ATL, BOS, DCA, SAN, SNA, and YYZ. Even PHL has an Admirals Club and more service to sAA hubs.

Josh

• Banned
Thats because CLT is a fortress hub, just like other fortress hubs around the country.

700UW said:
Thats because CLT is a fortress hub, just like other fortress hubs around the country.

Funny AA has an Admirals Club and mainline fleet service (along with MIA satellite crew base) at ATL.

Funny AA runs a hub with 300+ daily departures at ORD.

Funny AA has a large operation at YYZ serving all hubs and an Admirals Club with awesome staff there.

Josh

• Banned
And AA just ended LGA-ATL flight.

So US has fleet in more stations than AA.

And CLT has around 700 flights a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back