American expected to have the largest profit

Great! :)

More than enough $$$ to go around for all of us. I'll leave the quibbling about being "biggest and/or best" to the foamers; I'm just happy that as rank and file workers, we're all (for the most part) under sunnier skies than we were just a few short years ago.

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
Great! :)

More than enough $$$ to go around for all of us. I'll leave the quibbling about being "biggest and/or best" to the foamers; I'm just happy that as rank and file workers, we're all (for the most part) under sunnier skies than we were just a few short years ago.
just remember that you will get profit sharing while most of the unionized workers at AA and US will not.

Even if it is ONLY one billion dollars of profits - for one quarter - DL employees are on track to record the largest profit sharing payout in aviation.

AGAIN.

As other AA employees have said, "what difference does it make if the airline makes huge amounts of money if it doesn't help me?"

but yes, AA people are due for some good news. Deserve? well, good news and profit sharing are earned.

And AA SHOULD record the largest profits.

It is fresh out of BK with labor costs per employee that are well below its other 3 large US peers and it also has just cut a number of costs.

It is also now the largest airline in the world.

As the article notes, analysts do not make their earnings estimates with one-time and special items such as merger integration costs and the Venezuela currency issue.

There are no other KNOWN one-time or special items that could face the US airline industry but those are significant and are heavily weighted against AA.

from the article

"The airline expects to log about $600 million in one-time accounting charges due to bankruptcy and merger items and from selling its fuel hedging contracts. Without the fuel hedging contracts, the airline will save money when the price of jet fuel goes down but will pay more when prices increase. American’s new executive team, most of whom came from US Airways, did not use fuel hedges while running the Tempe, Arizona-based airline."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/19/5981179/american-expected-to-lead-the.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

As for whether this is the right time or not to unionize, it is precisely profits like this that make labor salivate - but do you not think that Parker knew all along that he was going to lock labor into contracts for years on end (6 years for many groups, right?) only to report huge profits?

good luck on trying to unionize or get pay increases in that environment.

and there are more and more analysts that are saying the US is in one of the most extended economic bubbles and that the risk of recession in Europe is growing.

Airline mgmts. read the economic outlooks and realize that making labor commitments now have implications for years down the road.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Now would be a good time to negotiate a CBA, wouldn't it?
No it is not. We are both tied into a agreement until 2017. Why would the company rush to a JCBA when we all know we will ask for more? A JCBA will cost the company more money. Then facture in the TWU and IAM and the Alliance. Result is business as usual.
the one thing we will ask for is profit sharing and a better 401K contribution and remove the match just like the Flight attendants and the Pilots have. That will cost the company more money. I do not see it happening. It is all media hype. Everyone is pumped up for a let down again.

1AA said:
No it is not. We are both tied into a agreement until 2017. Why would the company rush to a JCBA when we all know we will ask for more? A JCBA will cost the company more money. Then facture in the TWU and IAM and the Alliance. Result is business as usual.
the one thing we will ask for is profit sharing and a better 401K contribution and remove the match just like the Flight attendants and the Pilots have. That will cost the company more money. I do not see it happening. It is all media hype. Everyone is pumped up for a let down again.
extraordinarily well said

just remember that you will get profit sharing while most of the unionized workers at AA and US will not.Even if it is ONLY one billion dollars of profits - for one quarter - DL employees are on track to record the largest profit sharing payout in aviation.AGAIN.As other AA employees have said, "what difference does it make if the airline makes huge amounts of money if it doesn't help me?"but yes, AA people are due for some good news. Deserve? well, good news and profit sharing are earned.And AA SHOULD record the largest profits.It is fresh out of BK with labor costs per employee that are well below its other 3 large US peers and it also has just cut a number of costs.It is also now the largest airline in the world.As the article notes, analysts do not make their earnings estimates with one-time and special items such as merger integration costs and the Venezuela currency issue.There are no other KNOWN one-time or special items that could face the US airline industry but those are significant and are heavily weighted against AA.from the article"The airline expects to log about $600 million in one-time accounting charges due to bankruptcy and merger items and from selling its fuel hedging contracts. Without the fuel hedging contracts, the airline will save money when the price of jet fuel goes down but will pay more when prices increase. American’s new executive team, most of whom came from US Airways, did not use fuel hedges while running the Tempe, Arizona-based airline."Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/19/5981179/american-expected-to-lead-the.html?rh=1#storylink=cpyAs for whether this is the right time or not to unionize, it is precisely profits like this that make labor salivate - but do you not think that Parker knew all along that he was going to lock labor into contracts for years on end (6 years for many groups, right?) only to report huge profits?good luck on trying to unionize or get pay increases in that environment.and there are more and more analysts that are saying the US is in one of the most extended economic bubbles and that the risk of recession in Europe is growing.Airline mgmts. read the economic outlooks and realize that making labor commitments now have implications for years down the road.[/quote
just remember that you will get profit sharing while most of the unionized workers at AA and US will not.Even if it is ONLY one billion dollars of profits - for one quarter - DL employees are on track to record the largest profit sharing payout in aviation.AGAIN.As other AA employees have said, "what difference does it make if the airline makes huge amounts of money if it doesn't help me?"but yes, AA people are due for some good news. Deserve? well, good news and profit sharing are earned.And AA SHOULD record the largest profits.It is fresh out of BK with labor costs per employee that are well below its other 3 large US peers and it also has just cut a number of costs.It is also now the largest airline in the world.As the article notes, analysts do not make their earnings estimates with one-time and special items such as merger integration costs and the Venezuela currency issue.There are no other KNOWN one-time or special items that could face the US airline industry but those are significant and are heavily weighted against AA.from the article"The airline expects to log about $600 million in one-time accounting charges due to bankruptcy and merger items and from selling its fuel hedging contracts. Without the fuel hedging contracts, the airline will save money when the price of jet fuel goes down but will pay more when prices increase. American’s new executive team, most of whom came from US Airways, did not use fuel hedges while running the Tempe, Arizona-based airline."Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/19/5981179/american-expected-to-lead-the.html?rh=1#storylink=cpyAs for whether this is the right time or not to unionize, it is precisely profits like this that make labor salivate - but do you not think that Parker knew all along that he was going to lock labor into contracts for years on end (6 years for many groups, right?) only to report huge profits?good luck on trying to unionize or get pay increases in that environment.and there are more and more analysts that are saying the US is in one of the most extended economic bubbles and that the risk of recession in Europe is growing.Airline mgmts. read the economic outlooks and realize that making labor commitments now have implications for years down the road.[/quote
just remember that you will get profit sharing while most of the unionized workers at AA and US will not.Even if it is ONLY one billion dollars of profits - for one quarter - DL employees are on track to record the largest profit sharing payout in aviation.AGAIN.As other AA employees have said, "what difference does it make if the airline makes huge amounts of money if it doesn't help me?"but yes, AA people are due for some good news. Deserve? well, good news and profit sharing are earned.And AA SHOULD record the largest profits.It is fresh out of BK with labor costs per employee that are well below its other 3 large US peers and it also has just cut a number of costs.It is also now the largest airline in the world.As the article notes, analysts do not make their earnings estimates with one-time and special items such as merger integration costs and the Venezuela currency issue.There are no other KNOWN one-time or special items that could face the US airline industry but those are significant and are heavily weighted against AA.from the article"The airline expects to log about $600 million in one-time accounting charges due to bankruptcy and merger items and from selling its fuel hedging contracts. Without the fuel hedging contracts, the airline will save money when the price of jet fuel goes down but will pay more when prices increase. American’s new executive team, most of whom came from US Airways, did not use fuel hedges while running the Tempe, Arizona-based airline."Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/19/5981179/american-expected-to-lead-the.html?rh=1#storylink=cpyAs for whether this is the right time or not to unionize, it is precisely profits like this that make labor salivate - but do you not think that Parker knew all along that he was going to lock labor into contracts for years on end (6 years for many groups, right?) only to report huge profits?good luck on trying to unionize or get pay increases in that environment.and there are more and more analysts that are saying the US is in one of the most extended economic bubbles and that the risk of recession in Europe is growing.Airline mgmts. read the economic outlooks and realize that making labor commitments now have implications for years down the road.
. You really have a serious problem, don't you? Once again you mention DL. Who cares about DL? You just refuse to understand that WE DON'T GIVE A RAT"S ARSE ABOUT DELTA ON THIS FORUM! You are a forum troll!

Reactions: 3 people
1AA said:
The sooner you rid yourself of the TWU the better off you will be. Imagine if you unchained from the TWU anchor now. You would be able to work with a very profitable, growing prosperous company on new CBA, focusing solely on the Mechanic and Related Class and Craft.

Reactions: 7 people
MetalMover: I understand your frustration. This is about AA profits, not another airline. If you don't want read his crap, put him on ignore, report the posts to the mods,

...and PLEASE don't quote bomb the thread with his missives. When you do that, all who have him on ignore must scroll through the garbage.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 6 people
Metal,
you do realize that one of your own coworkers just posted that they want to get profit sharing back?

large numbers of employees at DL, UA, and WN all have profit sharing.

DL employees have recorded the largest profit sharing in the history of US aviation.

The fact that your coworkers want something that employees at other airlines have is precisely why it is an issue to note who has it and what kind of target AA employees should be shooting for. The fact that other airline are recording significant compensation increases as a result of profit sharing - most recently by DL employees but WN has had very hefty profit sharing payouts for its employees and even UA's amount is enough for more than a few nights of dinner and a movie -shows why AA people want it.

and you know what? I hope they fight for and get it.

hey q,
you realize he quote it not once but at least 3 times? for some reason, he deleted all of the spaces.

No fight will be made with the TWU/IAM Alliance in control.
I wish that more fellow M&R folks can see this and sign a card before the Alliance gets a chance to kick in and god knows how much more of a screwing we will get.

Reactions: 2 people
Glenn. This is the first time I have posted from my phone. It does not give me the proper format as it would when quoting. I guess the phone isn't all that smart. As for WT, ignoring him would make him feel like he's right spewing all his DL crap. I guess I not the type of person to shy away from a debate or argument.
WT. You broght DL into thiis discussion first. I really do not care if the DL people get better profit sharing. Good for them. I care what goes on at AA and AA only. I do not envy what others have. You just can't help yourself but insert DL into every conversation.

Reactions: 3 people

Latest posts