American expected to have the largest profit

MetalMover... my answer to who cares bout the head count..  no not me  not the least bit.    I also don't care bout Ford's headcount compared to GM Chrysler either...   :)     Sad some DL Cheerleader cant help but to get paid by DL to make DL look good in every dam thread

Reactions: 1 person
WorldTraveler said:
because they share the same industry and must have comparable costs.

go read the profit sharing article that was just posted.

Why can't you and others recognize that you aren't going to get what you want just because you work for AA?

you will get what is comparable with the industry in which you work.

For now, AA's total labor expenses are not significantly different from DL and UA, AA's chief competitors, as a percentage of expenses and yet AA achieves that thru lower salaries but more people.

You can't deal with the lack of profit sharing and low salaries until you deal with the excess headcount.

AA is simply not going to spend more of its revenue on salaries and benefits than its peers in the industry.
Who ever said I or anyone else expects these things simply because we work for AA.
As for any headcount adjustment, I do not expect any substantial change until after SOC. Then the "New American" will decide what stays and what goes as everything will be under one umbrella.

given that other airlines have much smaller headcounts but higher salaries and profit sharing, you would have to believe that AA employees get to use a different formula to think you can raise pay and improve profit sharing w/o dealing with the headcount issues.

let Parker know which is most important to you and he can work around it. Right now, he is on the track of keeping more bodies on the property.

WorldTraveler said:
given that other airlines have much smaller headcounts but higher salaries and profit sharing, you would have to believe that AA employees get to use a different formula to think you can raise pay and improve profit sharing w/o dealing with the headcount issues.

let Parker know which is most important to you and he can work around it. Right now, he is on the track of keeping more bodies on the property.
The PS formula was anemic from the get go. I don't care about. I'll take a raise instead. And right now is exactly that..."RIGHT NOW." 

WorldTraveler said:
are you as certain as to when this JCBA will be implemented?

Of course, the negotiations timeline was specifically codified, agreed to by all parties, and is being followed. 180 day negotiation period, followed by arbitration of agreements not reached 90 days following that. It is public knowledge.

Negotiations for an American JCBA shall continue for no more than one hundred and
fifty (150) additional days from the commencement of negotiations unless all parties
agree otherwise. AFA, APFA and the Company shall agree to a schedule of
negotiation dates which shall include an average of ten (10) days per month of actual
negotiations. The number of days may be adjusted per agreement of all parties.

If a tentative American JCBA is reached, it shall be put to a ratification vote of the
combined Flight Attendant membership. If the tentative American JCBA is not
ratified or if a tentative American JCBA is not reached, any outstanding disputes,
including, but not limited to disputes regarding economic valuation, shall be
submitted to final and binding interest arbitration in accordance with paragraph B,
below, with the exception of disputes arising under paragraph B.5.b., below. The
hearing shall begin within ninety (90) days of the submission. Prior to arbitration, the
parties shall utilize mediation.

Seems pretty clearly laid out to me.

AA has almost 1000 mainline jets compared to an airline with approx. 700 mainline jets. Of course AA will need more employees! The merger is not even a third of the way complete, and still made over 1 billion in one quarter. Certain people on this forum need to get over it. AA will dominate, its just a matter of time. Once the merger is complete im sure we will have less employees but will still require more than the smaller airlines (DL and UA) Im sure the CEOs of the other smaller carriers are already concerned. But get over it AA is the worlds largest carrier and theres a big gap between the second largest {UA} and the distant third (DL)

Of course, the negotiations timeline was specifically codified, agreed to by all parties, and is being followed. 180 day negotiation period, followed by arbitration of agreements not reached 90 days following that. It is public knowledge.

Seems pretty clearly laid out to me.
the time frame to do it all isn't what is important. The only thing that matters is the amount of money that AA spends on labor.

Kn order to increase the value of compensation per employee, the only choice at this point is to reduce the number of people. Parker is NOT agreeing to a massive increase in labor costs in order to add profit sharing or given pay increases.

AA has almost 1000 mainline jets compared to an airline with approx. 700 mainline jets. Of course AA will need more employees! The merger is not even a third of the way complete, and still made over 1 billion in one quarter. Certain people on this forum need to get over it. AA will dominate, its just a matter of time. Once the merger is complete im sure we will have less employees but will still require more than the smaller airlines (DL and UA) Im sure the CEOs of the other smaller carriers are already concerned. But get over it AA is the worlds largest carrier and theres a big gap between the second largest {UA} and the distant third (DL)
the size of the fleet means nothing.

revenues that are generated are what pays the bills.

The size of AA's labor force is disproportionately large compared to other airlines.

If you recall, AA did the same thing in 2003 in not cutting enough employees because they thought that someone else would go out of business.

Now, AA has a merger that came after a BK where relatively few employees were laid off and employees have the expectation that they will increase salaries but that can ONLY happen by reducing the number of employees or generating a whole lot more revenues.

based on the latest quarter's earnings, AA is cutting capacity in key markets such as int'l flights that use lots of people.

We still haven't seen the impact of DCA and DAL on AA.

the notion that AA is going to increase revenues enough to give raises which might include profit sharing is not realistic.

so ur saying it does not matter for AA but using that same scenario in DL it does matter  ok got it now   it figures what works for DL does not work for any other airline   get some help dude

this isn't about DL.

it is about the amount of revenue that is generated. expenses are paid using revenues that are generated.

the number of aircraft that are used is immaterial.

AA cannot provide compensation increases that are above standard for the rest of the industry.

WorldTraveler said:
because you don't want to hear that AA has tens of thousands of more employees than other airlines its size?sorry, but those are facts that were known and were pointed out to you before the merger was ever consummated.now you want compensation comparable to what other airlines have but you haven't told me how you are going to reduce the size of the payroll.you can't have both.
This is where he is right. Mergers are never good for employees. Historically companies always close facilities that overlap and lay off employees.

you think some folks might retire?  actually maintenance could be brought back in-house? etc I agree AA is overstaffed at the moment - but then again - DL runs the most fuel efficient fleet of the 3 - so it's wasting money every day flying inefficient jets while AA is replacing them with more fuel efficient jets with lower operating costs

USAirwasys Passenger Service Agents still have profit sharing in their contract and I am sure they would like to keep it. Hope American Airline agents vote YES.

jcw said:
you think some folks might retire?  actually maintenance could be brought back in-house? etc I agree AA is overstaffed at the moment - but then again - DL runs the most fuel efficient fleet of the 3 - so it's wasting money every day flying inefficient jets while AA is replacing them with more fuel efficient jets with lower operating costs
i should have said most in-efficient fleet