American to lease A319s and A321s

Obviously you two know it all. However I'm sitting in Airbus genfam @ DFW. The Airbus reps and instructors have said Airbus will get the airplane back. We'll get a " fresh airplane" at that point. Hey what do I know.....

That could be the result because by the time the first AA A319/A321 needs a heavy C check, the Airbus Neos will be flying, and if their fuel efficiency improvements are substantial, Airbus can probably sell the used plane to Delta and lease AA a new Neo version with better fuel economy.

Didn't US buy the first bunch of Airbus AC, then do a sale and lease back as well?

10 years then returned to Airbus for a fresh airframe per the tech reps. I'd lean towards his information over a self important stock clerk.

Funny though, the S-check has to be done every six years, and Airbus wont give AA a new plane for a used one without AA purchasing.

I really doubt the information, use common sense.

AA has agreed to purchase a designated number of planes, they are selling them and then leasing them back.

New agreements would have to be done for a new plane to be purchased.

Airbus cant make money by giving planes a way, does the car dealer give you a new car when you trade one in?

Use common sense.

FWAAA,

Airbus narrowbodies dont get a "heavy" c-check, all the c-checks are overnight checks, except one which is a three day check. The S-checks are the heavy checks, usually 21 to 30 days done every six years.

Whatever you say stock boy. However AA won't be doing heavy airframe work on the Airbus.

You dont know that, a JCBA will have to be negotiated now wont it?

Shall I call you a grease monkey and stoop to your level?

I guess you forgot about a thing called a merger, you know the combining of two airlines, which currently one of them does the airbus c-checks and s-checks overhaul in-house?

FWAAA,

Airbus narrowbodies dont get a "heavy" c-check, all the c-checks are overnight checks, except one which is a three day check. The S-checks are the heavy checks, usually 21 to 30 days done every six years.

My apologies, as I'm simply using AA's terminology. Some airlines call the heavy check a "D" check and AA uses the term "heavy C check" to describe the complete disassembly and reassembly of an aircraft roughly every six years (narrowbody). Periodically, AA performs less-intensive light C checks but about every six years, the plane gets a complete overhaul and rebuilding.

Doesn't matter to me what they're called - my point is that for all we know, part of the deal struck between Airbus and AA was that the soon-to-be-less-efficient Airbus classics that AA gets later this year would be leased to AA for a few years and then AA would lease a new NEO model once those are ready. Maybe that was the way to get AA's attention and help keep the A319/A321 factory busy until the NEOs are ready. I've read rumours that airlines are getting good deals on existing A320 family and 737 family models right now so that everyone doesn't simply wait for the NEOs and MAX models to be built.

Obviously you two know it all. However I'm sitting in Airbus genfam @ DFW. The Airbus reps and instructors have said Airbus will get the airplane back. We'll get a " fresh airplane" at that point. Hey what do I know.....

dvlhog212

Hey you better listen to 700UW he is a stock clerk who knows all that is going on in the industry.

Don't question what you know, he know what is best for us here at AA. He knows all about what we the AMT's in the industry need.

700UW knows everything if you read all the posts he has put in every thread either here on AA or USAir.

Just ask him he will brag all about his accomplishments while he was working in the industry.

He also knows all about AMFA as well. Even though he never was affiliated with them, he just repeats
what he reads or finds what ever is on the web.

AMFA at AA in 2013

If I had to guess, I'd predict that the mechanic and related group at new AA will gladly trade away more in-house overhaul for higher wages.

37457.jpg

share.png

AMR Corporation Announces Largest Aircraft Order in History with Boeing and Airbus

AMR announced landmark agreements with Airbus and Boeing that will allow it to replace and transform American's narrowbody fleet over five years and solidify its fleet plan into the next decade. These new aircraft will allow American to reduce its operating and fuel costs and deliver state-of-the-art amenities to customers, while maximizing financial flexibility for the Company.

Fleet Replacement Summary:
  • Under the new agreements, American plans to acquire 460 narrowbody, single-aisle aircraft from the Boeing 737 and Airbus A320 families beginning in 2013 through 2022 – the largest aircraft order in aviation history. As part of these agreements, starting in 2017 American will become the first network U.S. airline to begin taking delivery of "next generation" narrowbody aircraft that will further accelerate fuel-efficiency gains.
  • These new deliveries are expected to pave the way for American to have the youngest and most fuel-efficient fleet among its U.S. airline peers in approximately five years.
  • American also will benefit from approximately $13 billion of committed financing from the manufacturers through lease transactions that will help maximize balance sheet flexibility and reduce risk. The financing fully covers the first 230 deliveries.
  • Under the agreement with Boeing, American plans to acquire a total of 200 additional aircraft from the 737 family, with options for another 100 aircraft. American has the flexibility to convert the new deliveries into variants within the 737 family, including the 737-700, 737-800 and 737-900ER.
  • As part of the Boeing agreement, American will take delivery of 100 aircraft from Boeing's current 737NG family starting in 2013, including three 737-800 options that had been exercised as of July 1, 2011. American also intends to order 100 of Boeing's expected new evolution of the 737NG, with a new engine that would offer even more significant fuel-efficiency gains over today's models. American is pleased to be the first airline to commit to Boeing's new 737 family offering, which is expected to provide a new level of economic efficiency and operational performance, pending final confirmation of the program by Boeing.
  • American's most recent deliveries of the 737-800, with 160 seats, include the all-new Boeing Sky Interior, offering larger overhead bins that pivot down and out similar to those on the 787 Dreamliner and, a contemporary feeling of spaciousness and variable LED lighting options for cabin ambience.
  • American also will acquire a total of 260 Airbus aircraft from the A320 Family and will have 365 options and purchase rights for additional aircraft. American has the flexibility to convert its delivery positions into variants within the A320 Family, including the A319 and A321.
  • American will take delivery of 130 current-generation Airbus aircraft beginning in 2013. Beginning in 2017 American will begin taking delivery of 130 aircraft from the A320neo (New Engine Option) Family featuring next-generation engine technology. The new aircraft are approximately 15 percent more fuel efficient than today's models. American will be the first network airline in the U.S. to deploy this new-technology aircraft.
  • The A320 Family features cabin interiors with increased overhead storage, reduced noise and ambient lighting options.
  • The 737 and A320 families offer significant cost reduction opportunities in replacing American's older fleet. For example, Boeing and Airbus aircraft in the 737 and A320 families offer a 35 percent reduction in fuel cost per seat versus the MD-80 and a 12 percent and 15 percent fuel cost reduction per seat, respectively, versus the 757 and 767-200.
  • The agreements with Boeing and Airbus will continue American's fleet simplification efforts, allowing American to transition from four fleet types (MD-80, 737-800, 757 and 767-200) to two (the 737 and the A320 families, which offer significant commonality benefits within each family).
  • With a total of 465 options and purchase rights for additional aircraft from both manufacturers through 2025, these agreements give American the flexibility for replacement as well as growth opportunities under the right economic and financial conditions, with the ability to acquire up to 925 aircraft in total over 12 years
  • This unprecedented announcement enhances American's competitive position and will accelerate the transformation its been undertaking by:
    • Focusing our network and alliance relationships on serving the world's most important markets with the best partners;
    • Enhancing our products and services with industry-leading technology;
    • Working to improve the customer experience.

dvlhog212

Hey you better listen to 700UW he is a stock clerk who knows all that is going on in the industry.

Don't question what you know, he know what is best for us here at AA. He knows all about what we the AMT's in the industry need.

700UW knows everything if you read all the posts he has put in every thread either here on AA or USAir.

Just ask him he will brag all about his accomplishments while he was working in the industry.

He also knows all about AMFA as well. Even though he never was affiliated with them, he just repeats
what he reads or finds what ever is on the web.

AMFA at AA in 2013
Once again, I am glad to see your obsessed with me and try to make it about me, maybe you need to call the EAP and get some help.

If I had to guess, I'd predict that the mechanic and related group at new AA will gladly trade away more in-house overhaul for higher wages.

FWAAA

You are correct in my opinion as well since the I got mine mantality is rampid here at AA.

They are also being put in a position that the TWU wants the line and the base at each other so they can remain in power. It's about the dues. the money for the intl. guys.

many from out side AA want to put in thier two cents to influence what we want and need since they know better.

AMFA at AA in 2013

Latest posts

Back