AMFA FILES PROTEST WITH NMB

I read somewhere that I believe AMFA legal was going to submit another letter to NMB asking why it is taking so long. Does anyone know if said letter has been sent? And, can anyone post the letter to be read? Also has anyone heard from AMFA National about any of this? The NMB was busy with the US election, as well as the AA forged election brought on by the ibt, but that is all done and gone, what seems to be the delay in response to a simple appeal letter? Tomorrow will mark 5 weeks since the NMB received the letter. What gives? Anyone?

The IAM filed for a release in May, and just heard from them this Month, and it was not even an answer to the release, they wanted to me and talk to the IAM and US separately and then the NMB scheduled one more week of talks at the beginning of October.

The IAM filed for a release in May, and just heard from them this Month, and it was not even an answer to the release, they wanted to me and talk to the IAM and US separately and then the NMB scheduled one more week of talks at the beginning of October.
And what is the IAM doing about it? (sound of crickets)

They have had informational picketing and informational meetings.

And the ball is in motion for more things to occur.

Reactions: 1 person

Same ####, different day. When does any union finally try something more creative and daring? Read some labor history and learn what caused positive change in the past. Not political pandering and not playing victim to the public.

I know most of you already know, but I went thumbing thru the NMB's web site (and yes it's been awhile) and found this "alert posting" on the front page. If any of us were anxious before, it will continue to drag out until gov shutdown is over. Here it is:

National Mediation Board
Dividing Rule

09-30-13: As you may know, there is a possibility of a Federal Government shutdown due to a lapse of congressional funding. If there is a shutdown, we may not have time enough to post such notice on this website. Your best source about an actual shutdown may be the news media. In the event of an actual shutdown, agency personnel will not be allowed, by law, to conduct or communicate agency business. This website will remain operational, but there will not be any updates until government reopens. Click here for a copy of the NMB Furlough Plan. For more information, go to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) website.

Maybe we should all get this "law" put into our contracts. Gov. shuts down and we all get to stay home and get paid. If this was in the contract the gov. would never shut down. HeHe.

odgers [mailto:[email protected]
 Friday, October 18, 2013 12:32 PM

FW: NMB Determination Letter

Gentlemen,

Once again we have been screwed by the NMB, the one year bar that was put in place back on Aug, 20th has now been upheld so we are not eligible to file until August of next year unless we decide to start a drive and try to intervene when the single carrier filing occurs. Let me know your thoughts as we move forward from here.

Thank you for your support,

Don Rodgers

Unless we all are on the same page as to which union we want here at AA it will be another wasted effort to conduct another card drive. Many spent countless hours and time away from home and work to campaign for AMFA. If we truly want to rid ourselves of the TWU then lets decide who to go with. The IBT already made us look like idiots especially after they bailed out. The TWU won with the help of the IBT. Do we want this to happen again? Lessons learned but at what cost?

Interesting how the TWU and IBT do not enough political influence to change Bankruptcy Laws, Restrict Outsourcing, Stop Right-to-Work, or prevent decimation of Workman's Compensation Laws, but they damn sure have enough political influence to prevent the AMT's of American Airlines from getting a ballot to determine free choice of union representation.

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting how the TWU and IBT do not enough political influence to change Bankruptcy Laws, Restrict Outsourcing, Stop Right-to-Work, or prevent decimation of Workman's Compensation Laws, but they damn sure have enough political influence to prevent the AMT's of American Airlines from getting a ballot to determine free choice of union representation.
Don't forget that they also used that political influence to block the FAA from imposing stricter duty time limits on mechanics. After all stricter duty time limits would create a shortage of available mechanic labor and drive the price of that labor up, and everyone knows they don't want that because AA does not want that.

Eleven years at the bottom of the industry and you did some informational picketing and info meetings. WOW. I bet that keeps Parker up at night. That ball has supposedly been in motion a long time.

Eleven years at the bottom of the industry and you did some informational picketing and info meetings. WOW. I bet that keeps Parker up at night. That ball has supposedly been in motion a long time.
I believe that ball is part of proverbial "big picture" we have never seem to see.

I believe that ball is part of proverbial "big picture" we have never seem to see.

TWU Informer

As a AMFA supporter and one that dislikes the TWU as much as you keep saying are YOU going to re-engage
if there is another card drive here at AA? Telling everyone that we should change but not being involved does not help.

Are you or will YOU put your hat in the ring and help end the TWU Here at AA?

As a shop mechanic you can effect how your fellow mechnics in Tulsa will act. I know you were involved in the past but if this is going to happen every one is going to have to get involved.

AMFA@AA

I am very disappointed in the NMB's decision to keep the one year restriction in place. You guys need to get your cards back, resign and up date any and all cards, and get ready for the one year mark. If it does not happen this time then it will never happen at AA. With the ibt blocked for 2 years, and all the collusion by company and unions, it really should be easier to collect cards. Some of you are correct, you guys need to get more organized (as a whole) and figure what union to go with and charge with it. I know there will still be folks out there wanting the new association (TWU/IAM combo) but if anyone would still be supportive of the ibt/teamsters after the forgeries, backstabbing the TWU, and the collusion with the company, not to mention ALL the lies they have been caught in and proven, as well as all the threats and intimidation when they were going door to door to try and gather up support, would just be pathetic. I think the ibt will be out of the airline mechanics field except for and only to represent the UPS guys. If you guys can't get AMFA in at AA in 2014 then you guys will just have to deal with what is laid out for you by the TWU/IAM and company. But be prepared for another fight, and be prepared for the possibility of the IAM getting involved in the next one. The company and all the industrial unions know what will happen once AMFA gets in at AA, they all, are scared to death of the final outcome. Good luck to you guys. AMFA@AA in 2014!!!