AMFA FILES PROTEST WITH NMB

And what happens if they don't?
If the NMB doesn't allow AMFA to file before the one year then AMFA will file in the one year date. But I honestly think the NMB will find issues with the way this was handled and will allow AMFA to file, there is plenty of evidence to rule in AMFA's favor of an appeal to waiver the one year term. I am assuming that the NMB is still collecting data and information about what took place, and it may take a little while to interview some of the teamster paid organizers as I am sure they are hard to contact all of a sudden. We shall see in time, hopefully prior to the Nov 25th date set for the merger trial...

What the hell is a "contract service Lead Technician"?

I sincerely hope it is not some union represented guy who oversees outsourced maintenance and signs off on the work.

Can someone please explain what this is?
I do not know the answer to your question, however, just wanted to let you know that I too thought it was a position to oversee outsourced maint. We have maint supervisors that over look outsourced maint.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW

Do you actually go back and read what you write?

You are Now telling us you were a Lobbyist? White house/Senate/House
for labor issues?

1. you won a $500,000.00 legal settlement not being a lawyer or IAM Intl officer.

2. Negotiator with IAM

3. Never took any money from IAM just your stock clerks salary.

4. sat in with company and IAM legal/Intl during company negotiations

just how much are we supposed to believe from you when you make all these
claims of what you did. With out really holding any other position than a stock clerk and as the copy distributor / shop steward of information for the IAM.

mechanics at AA may be a bit gullible but come on there is just no way these are all true without being more of a part of the Intl. of the IAM. or part of the AFL-CIO.

Guess you wouldn't know, never having the privilege to be picked by your union members and Executive Board for extensive training at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center.
Union members don't 'just go' to the training center because they hang with the right people. Members are selected for skills and traits that others, through previous education have learned to recognize and recruit for the benefit of all in the union experience.

700UW has accomplished all he has mentioned and then some. If you have issues accepting what he has done in his life for the benefit of others, I don't know what to tell you. His involvement and posting even now on this board should show you the level of interest for all union members whether or not IAMAW. You can't see that?

I have personally made settlements $50,000 to $150,000 range as a IAM steward in PIT......You don't have to be a lawyer, just educated in what you are doing. I was a steward some eight years and during some of our worst days in negotiations I relied on 700UW for concise up to the minute information to keep my people informed and stop the rumor mill.

People get into union office for a myriad of reasons, some good....some selfish, only a few take the steps to make it a lifetime commitment. These are the people who are on the road most of the time, leaving family and friends serving and helping others.....sometimes it carries a heavy personal cost. And they keep at it anyway.

That's what being a trade unonist is all about......700UW is one.....not just for IAM.

Reactions: 2 people
Guess you wouldn't know, never having the privilege to be picked by your union members and Executive Board for extensive training at the William W. Winpisinger Education and Technology Center.
Union members don't 'just go' to the training center because they hang with the right people. Members are selected for skills and traits that others, through previous education have learned to recognize and recruit for the benefit of all in the union experience.

700UW has accomplished all he has mentioned and then some. If you have issues accepting what he has done in his life for the benefit of others, I don't know what to tell you. His involvement and posting even now on this board should show you the level of interest for all union members whether or not IAMAW. You can't see that?

I have personally made settlements $50,000 to $150,000 range as a IAM steward in PIT......You don't have to be a lawyer, just educated in what you are doing. I was a steward some eight years and during some of our worst days in negotiations I relied on 700UW for concise up to the minute information to keep my people informed and stop the rumor mill.

People get into union office for a myriad of reasons, some good....some selfish, only a few take the steps to make it a lifetime commitment. These are the people who are on the road most of the time, leaving family and friends serving and helping others.....sometimes it carries a heavy personal cost. And they keep at it anyway.

That's what being a trade unonist is all about......700UW is one.....not just for IAM.
Blah, blah, blah. When someone has to lie, deceit, or purposely not provide all information on a very important subject to get the members to vote the way the union wants speaks HUGE VOLUMES in my mind. That one little slip tells a lot about how a person really works, and it's not for the members best interest, it's ALL about the IAM's interest. It only took me a little over 2 weeks to get it out of him. Although I have been very leery of him for some time, it took awhile for the true colors to come out...

Reactions: 2 people
Get back on topic or go to another thread I'm sick of non AA and non mechanics posting #### that have nothing to do with our plight

Arrrg. I just physically cringed; good god man.

Get back on topic or go to another thread I'm sick of non AA and non mechanics posting #### that have nothing to do with our plight
Your plight. Good luck with that. It is because of AA and the TWU's race to the bottom that has pushed so many out of the industry.

Keep those blinders on thinking the aviation world revolves around AA AMT's.

Reactions: 4 people
Your plight. Good luck with that. It is because of AA and the TWU's race to the bottom that has pushed so many out of the industry.

Keep those blinders on thinking the aviation world revolves around AA AMT's.

+1

These clowns at AA would not even be making close to the wages the are making even now if it were not for us (NW) and our AMFA contract that the Twu just rode the coattails of..iluvaa just be glad that there are those on here from other airlines who want to help you guys see the light and rid yourselves of the Twu..Unfortunately still too many of you there that continue to want to eat a s##t sandwich.

+1

These clowns at AA would not even be making close to the wages the are making even now if it were not for us (NW) and our AMFA contract that the Twu just rode the coattails of..iluvaa just be glad that there are those on here from other airlines who want to help you guys see the light and rid yourselves of the Twu..Unfortunately still too many of you there that continue to want to eat a s##t sandwich.
. I agree. The problem is the industrial unions worry more about dues than the actual profession and the members they represent. It would not surprise me if the industrial unions helped NWA in destroying our profession for the sake of saving members from migrating over to AMFA if they succeeded in further promoting our careers unlike the twu has.

+1

dont come on here thinking you need to correct me ass wipe I'm quite able to see what has happened and where things are going. I've always been a supporter of removing the TWU so take your condicending ass else where

dont come on here thinking you need to correct me ass wipe I'm quite able to see what has happened and where things are going. I've always been a supporter of removing the TWU so take your condicending ass else where
Did he say anything that was not true?

Are you kidding? He comes around here touting his vast knowledge and experience, schooling the AA AMTs on how the IAM/TWU is the best thing since sliced bread, calling AMTs elitist for wanting to be compensated for their skill & expertise, and how much he and the IAM hate AMFA. He posts about how the IAM has "only" been working under a concessionary agreement for nine years, how great the $84 IAMNPF multiplier is, etc. Sorry but I think most of the AA people on this forum can see through all this.

Josh

Latest posts