AMFA FILES PROTEST WITH NMB

Most here see through your union hatred and petty squabbling with 700. Get over it already.
Why don't the moderators just start a pinned thread that only you and 700 can post on and spare the rest of us from your schoolyard tantrums.

Reactions: 4 people
Most here see through your union hatred and petty squabbling with 700. Get over it already.
Why don't the moderators just start a pinned thread that only you and 700 can post on and spare the rest of us from your schoolyard tantrums.

Its not hatred, I just don't see the value in being organized today. I mean face it, what has any of these industrial unions done for airline workers in the past 12 years? Unions are a boon for the people running them and the politicians they fund, the membership is expendable. Some here seem to think the union is doing everyone a favor simply allowing them to collect their dues. AMFAinMIA makes great points, seems 700 can't get over the ideological differences between the two.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
Honestly, quite a bit...

Let's see:

You have an IAM activist that's getting under your skin because his organizations philosophy differs from AMFA's. Since you're conflating all "industrial" unions with the TWU ATD's abject incompetence, he's driving you batsh*t crazy.

A retiree who is trying to show you that he's more legit than you're willing to give him credit for...

2 former AMFA members imploring you to look at the larger picture w/r/t both AMT's and the industry at large.

An anti-labor advocate pot stirring

Maybe take a step back and think about all that and how those forces are both trying to help & hinder your progress. It ever occur to you that your group's collective myopia is *exactly* what's keeping it stuck & spinning in place?

Reactions: 2 people
"In an even more astounding revelation, both the TWU, who currently represents the AA mechanic and related, and the IBT acknowledged that the TWU invited the IBT in to run a diversionary false drive at AA because they were afraid of AMFA."

Wouldn't the above statement be enough for AMFA to win the appeal? Both sides admitting to a set up? Still curious why we haven't heard anything yet. But I will ask when Don West calls me back today.

Reactions: 3 people
hey ass clown go back where you came from
Honestly, quite a bit...

Let's see:

You have an IAM activist that's getting under your skin because his organizations philosophy differs from AMFA's. Since you're conflating all "industrial" unions with the TWU ATD's abject incompetence, he's driving you batsh*t crazy.

A retiree who is trying to show you that he's more legit than you're willing to give him credit for...

2 former AMFA members imploring you to look at the larger picture w/r/t both AMT's and the industry at large.

An anti-labor advocate pot stirring

Maybe take a step back and think about all that and how those forces are both trying to help & hinder your progress. It ever occur to you that your group's collective myopia is *exactly* what's keeping it stuck & spinning in place?

+1
Exactly!
I only came over here to refute TWU/IAM/IBT lies considering 'United Airlines' and Northwest AMFA.
Some of the older posters would remember me as UAL_TECH in their first drive as I was an active UAL M&R with AMFA at the time.

I was a staunch supporter of the IAM Eastern strike and walked the picket line at SFO.
(not much internet then)

I was a staunch supporter of the AMFA NWA strike and walked the picket line at SFO as well.

I doubt I'll post on the AA forum much anymore as the AA M&R are self defeated, much like the current UAL M&R are.

They are tired of advice of people that have 'lived' what they are going through.

Sad but true, IMHO!

Good Luck to you "ALL",
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
Self defeated? Nah, we are patiently waiting for the NMB to make the correct decision, and allow the AMFA authorization cards. As far as the mash up of unions IAM/TWU wanting to represent the M&R at AA - not gonna happen. Nobody will support that concept. It reeks of weakness, and failure. Most of all, not wanting to give up dues paying members - for no effort.

I don't like the idea of an "association" either, but that doesn't discount what xUT is saying, either...

I'm not going to paint all of you with the same brush, but let's be honest; for every Bob Owens, there's a Kirk Wells (or two). For every Ken Mc Tiernan (sp?), there's a Mark Rasco...

Funny you should mention Kirk. I saw him when the voting for union officers was going on and he asked me if I voted for him. I asked him if he was kidding. hahahaha.

Reactions: 1 person
+1
Exactly!
I only came over here to refute TWU/IAM/IBT lies considering 'United Airlines' and Northwest AMFA.
Some of the older posters would remember me as UAL_TECH in their first drive as I was an active UAL M&R with AMFA at the time.

I was a staunch supporter of the IAM Eastern strike and walked the picket line at SFO.
(not much internet then)

I was a staunch supporter of the AMFA NWA strike and walked the picket line at SFO as well.

I doubt I'll post on the AA forum much anymore as the AA M&R are self defeated, much like the current UAL M&R are.

They are tired of advice of people that have 'lived' what they are going through.

Sad but true, IMHO!

Good Luck to you "ALL",
B) xUT
Damn! Things never seem to change. I remember just after I got out of the Navy in 1966, I went to work for UAL ramp. At that time the IAM was in charge, and a unknown upstart AMFA was trying to replace them as the representative Union. I remember going to one of their meetings just after the Government required them to include others, besides Mechanics, in their scope. I heard someone say they heard a Government Rep. state that they didn't want another "Pilots" Union in the Industry! -------After all these years, things never seem to change, now do they?

Damn! Things never seem to change. I remember just after I got out of the Navy in 1966, I went to work for UAL ramp. At that time the IAM was in charge, and a unknown upstart AMFA was trying to replace them as the representative Union. I remember going to one of their meetings just after the Government required them to include others, besides Mechanics, in their scope. I heard someone say they heard a Government Rep. state that they didn't want another "Pilots" Union in the Industry! -------After all these years, things never seem to change, now do they?
Oh!-----By the way on that particular endeavor by the AMFA, the Company (UAL), the incumbent Union (IAM), And the U.S.Government, opposed the AMFA, so it didn't happen.--------Again, things seem never to change! But----- it doesn't have to be that way!

Eventually we will here something.....
By the time you guys get a response from the NMB, you may as well just go with the one yr mark. Still hoping you guys get something this year. Could someone contact AMFA National and maybe get an idea of how long something like this might take? Approaching a full month and still not a peep from anyone.