AA hires lawyer in bed with TWU

Just got a call from an unknown number, turns out it was from an outfit called Hart Research Associates out of DC. They were doing a survey on our impressions on the unions attempting to gain representation of AA's M&R group. Asking questions such as: "what is your impression of Jim Little?" Seems the TWU is getting a little nervous. They called my mobile number.

Not so sure it was the union calling.
Maybe the company wishing they can keep their toy union and worthless union misleadership.

Reactions: 1 person
Just got a call from an unknown number, turns out it was from an outfit called Hart Research Associates out of DC. They were doing a survey on our impressions on the unions attempting to gain representation of AA's M&R group. Asking questions such as: "what is your impression of Jim Little?" Seems the TWU is getting a little nervous. They called my mobile number.

With Tulsa in decline, Title II reduced and only around 200 votes in support of TeAAm Videtich from the 4000 members on the Line, (T-I, T-II and T-V) they should be concerned. Even if they stave off a vote now, this latest election makes it pretty clear that the International does not have any support from 95% of the people outside of Tulsa.

Guys come up to me all the time and say "Nothing against you Bob but anything that comes to my house from the TWU goes straight into the garbage, I don't even open it".

If they need someone to conduct a survey to ask if the you are unhappy about the work being done by Jim Little. This union must be really out of though with reality. Unbelievable!!!

If they need someone to conduct a survey to ask if the you are unhappy about the work being done by Jim Little. This union must be really out of though with reality. Unbelievable!!!

They hired them because they dont want to believe the people the members elected, and keep electing, despite all their efforts!!!

Getting paid nearly $300K a year can make you a little out of touch with people making less than one third of that.

100% completely out of touch with it's membership. If I am not mistaken the teamsters did something like this at SWA once they figured they were getting fired, and we were bringing AMFA in. Best thing we ever did.

Childish response.

Is it? Well, even a 14 year old Boy Scout knows what it means to Be Prepared...

The TWU has been out maneuvered by the company for two decades. You've been bringing a rubber knife to a gunfight. Maybe you've been conditioned to being the masters of being caught off-guard...

It's too late to buy insurance after your house is on fire. Seems to me the company sees the value in being adequately prepared, as they're doing in this case -- lawyering up just in case they need to.

100% completely out of touch with it's membership. If I am not mistaken the teamsters did something like this at SWA once they figured they were getting fired, and we were bringing AMFA in. Best thing we ever did.

You AA guys should look into joining the IAM. Let the IAM transition the 2 existing contracts together, get put in a truely solid funded pension plan, back up to 10 paid holidays, gain swap language, force AA to pay mechanic wages that mechanics for the #1 airline deserve, get rid of that joke of mechanic different pay rates under twu where many (Approx. 900) mechanics are paid $6 bucks an hour base pay less than us at US. And have FAIR seniority integration, which is DOH into classification. You won't need 50% of your current brain washed membership to make the change since the US group already counts as over 5000 IAM cards. After all is said and done and we are all at #1 airline wages, and your not happy, then make a push for someone else.

You AA guys should look into joining the IAM. Let the IAM transition the 2 existing contracts together, get put in a truely solid funded pension plan, back up to 10 paid holidays, gain swap language, force AA to pay mechanic wages that mechanics for the #1 airline deserve, get rid of that joke of mechanic different pay rates under twu where many (Approx. 900) mechanics are paid $6 bucks an hour base pay less than us at US. And have FAIR seniority integration, which is DOH into classification. You won't need 50% of your current brain washed membership to make the change since the US group already counts as over 5000 IAM cards. After all is said and done and we are all at #1 airline wages, and your not happy, then make a push for someone else.
. No thanks. You can keep the IAM. Just another industrial union looking for dues money instead of the best interest of the class and craft it should represent. AMFA is the only union for the M&R. Pilots, flight attendants have their unions and its long overdue we have our class and craft union. IAM, TWU and the Teamsters have screwed things up enough for us.

Too Much time to quit;

If I did support going to one of the industrial unions it would be the IAM. Since they are the best of the three, the IBT and TWU are just trash unions.

We here at AA want to with a craft and class union. MY Class and craft has been taken advantage of long enough. Although small 100% of AMFA's membership is looking out for my career chosen profession. We will never be #1 in pay it's AA.
haven't you read what we here on this site have told the industry about what the TWU has done here at AA?

NO stock clerks, No Ramp, we can vote in/out National officers, and attend the negotiations as observers. Not allowed to do that with the IAM/IBT/TWU.

I don't know and have done little research on the IAM pension, but I am warning you now. Since AA has the largest group of mechanics, what ever union will be at the New AA will be decided by us. I would hope that you guys will join us in bringing AMFA to both carriers. When we merge since AA froze our pension and Parker did away with your DP, the IAM pension I am guessing will be frozen as well, unless you put money it. AA is not going to fund that.

I have seen that the IBT is telling you guys the same crap they have told us all along.
Don't get fooled into signing cards for them they are the worst union.

As far as the intergration it will be done by classification/occupational same thing since our seniority here at AA is done by that. WE have separate title groups with regards to auto/facilities. Unlike the IAM and IBT. They are not on our seniority list.
We can't bump them and they can't bump us. There is exceptions to that but that is a general rule.

We are not going to put our AMFA drive on hold thinking the IAM is going to be our savior, We are pushing ahead to rid our class and craft from the industrial unions all together. Sorry if that burst your bubble.

I was IAM at one time at EAL, they were good in their time but that time has come and gone.

I hope that you guys put the screws to USAir since I hear your IAM has asked to be released from negotiations. Good Luck with that. Don't roll over like the TWU coolaide drinkers did here at AA. Put up a fight.

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts