Amfa Just Took A 9.8% Paycut

casual rat said:
They won't need anyone to work at the SFO maintenance base after they sell it off, at a profit, and outsource the work to various other 'vendors' (who are revenue starving at the moment). That's the reason why they offered a contract that had the potential of being rejected--they want you to go on strike--it makes it all the more 'sellable' to the general public from a PR standpoint JMHO. It happened in IND, it can happen in the Bay area as well.
[post="244373"][/post]​
Ind was a maintenance base, not an operational hub. We don't really even do base maintenance. The engine shop makes money...so with our leaders thats the first thing to go. Property has high value, no duh there. Are you familiar with what it takes to operate 455 aircraft out of sfo, den, ord, dia? You might be right, who knows, but if that was the stategy, why didn't the company just leave their only offer on the table prior to having the judge throw their agreement with the pilots out? If they had done that, they SURELY knew it would get rejected. Here's the real plan (Ronin's version)...
Coddle everyone into this agreement for good PR, a couple of dimes and buy some time.
Get the pensions, a must (somebody may want to tell the F/A's and IAM, they somehow have been hitting the crack pipe and think they aren't losing that)
Let that settle in before they come back with the real concession package...
Stir well and let stand, repeat if necessary....

Everybody who is "waiting it out" is kidding themselves....the only thing that hasn't been slaughtered or reconstructed is our management. JMHO :)

700UW said:
Hey Mr Owens.

What do you have to say now?

Are you going to tell the AMFA represented Mechanics at UAL to strike now since an 1113e has happened?
[post="244377"][/post]​

Well that decision is up to them.

In my opinion, if I was there, I would push for starting to use self help by having sporatic strikes and slowdowns.

Work "by the book" would be a good first response.

Maybe workers throughout the industry should do the same?

Can a judge tell them how to use the maintenance manual?

The fact is that they did not agree to these terms. The Judge is stealing their labor and giving it to the stockholders and other creditors of UAL. I have not seen where he has dared to do the same to Exxon or the leaseing companies, airports etc.

But as it stand the UAL mechanics still have options whereas you guys dont. You guys are locked in tilll when? 2010?

I have no doubt that if these Judges had seen a united labor front, airline workers would not have been subject to the abuse we have seen. The fact is that there is only one group of workers out there that has shown that it is truly willing to fight, and they are the mechanics and related of UAL.

All the other workers who have been conned by their unions into accepting that a crappy job is better than fighting for a good job will grow even more disenchanted with unionism as time goes by. They will get sick of hearing that we really cant do anything for you but that you should keep giving us your money. They are already sick of hearing that they are at fault for voting the way the leadership wanted them to. All those organiaztions are merely dues collecting agencies. The members know that and THAT is the reason why unions are dying.

I would rather change places with any UAL mechanic in AMFA than any mechanic in that pathetic dying organization that you belong to.

From AMFA National.

"Because the provisions of yesterday's 1113e ruling are temporary, we do not plan to pursue a strike or other form of self-help during this period," said AMFA National Director O.V. Delle-Femine. "With only four more months to work with and substantial remaining differences, however, we urge United negotiators to begin taking this process more seriously. From the moment United contacts us to arrange the next meeting, we will resume giving this process all the urgency and attention it deserves. It will be readily apparent in that first meeting whether the company is willing to do the same."

No Strike From AMFA

So much for all the tough talk.

700UW said:
From AMFA National.

"Because the provisions of yesterday's 1113e ruling are temporary, we do not plan to pursue a strike or other form of self-help during this period," said AMFA National Director O.V. Delle-Femine. "With only four more months to work with and substantial remaining differences, however, we urge United negotiators to begin taking this process more seriously. From the moment United contacts us to arrange the next meeting, we will resume giving this process all the urgency and attention it deserves. It will be readily apparent in that first meeting whether the company is willing to do the same."

No Strike From AMFA

[post="244561"][/post]​

They already said No. They have said more than your IAM would ever dare. They did not say No strike ever, just not yet, nor did they say that they were not able to strike now.

700UW said:
From AMFA National.

No Strike From AMFA

[post="244561"][/post]​
700 : Well, I have'nt heard talk of a "confused" second vote yet.

Dell said they will not strike or seek self-help, pretty clear statement if you ask me.

Can't spin it any other way.

700UW said:
Dell said they will not strike or seek self-help, pretty clear statement if you ask me.

[post="244566"][/post]​

"during this period'

Even though you highlighted it I guess you missed that.

Its clear that he feels that they could if they wanted to.

If my grandmother had testicles she would have been my grandmother.

Bottom line is they are NOT going to strike per Delle himself.

The Ronin said:
Ind was a maintenance base, not an operational hub. We don't really even do base maintenance. The engine shop makes money...so with our leaders thats the first thing to go. Property has high value, no duh there. Are you familiar with what it takes to operate 455 aircraft out of sfo, den, ord, dia? You might be right, who knows, but if that was the stategy, why didn't the company just leave their only offer on the table prior to having the judge throw their agreement with the pilots out? If they had done that, they SURELY knew it would get rejected. Here's the real plan (Ronin's version)...
Coddle everyone into this agreement for good PR, a couple of dimes and buy some time.
Get the pensions, a must (somebody may want to tell the F/A's and IAM, they somehow have been hitting the crack pipe and think they aren't losing that)

Everybody who is "waiting it out" is kidding themselves....the only thing that hasn't been slaughtered or reconstructed is our management. JMHO  :)
[post="244428"][/post]​

Ya know, I think you might be right....and I think that reconstructing Management wouldn't be a bad idea either....The waiting it out period is being employed to have the unions save face with their members...period. Like what exactly is going to come to the surface to change things?

The Ronin said:

Everybody who is "waiting it out" is kidding themselves....the only thing that hasn't been slaughtered or reconstructed is our management. JMHO :)
[post="244428"][/post]​

Now that's the 'BIG PICTURE'!!! :up:

Take Care,
B) UT

700UW said:

[post="244566"][/post]​

IAM = 'Wish I could recommend a no vote' :huh:

Why do you continue to try to defend the very leadership that has put you where you are today?

B) UT

It seems pretty simple to me. If the contract is abrogated in May then the mechanics walk out. Which is better to walk out in Feb or May?