Amfa Just Took A 9.8% Paycut

Fish, not everyone has the same priorities as you. Some do the job for less money because they enjoy the job more.

And then there are those who leave and feel compelled to stare in the window wagging their tongues at those still inside. :huh:

The Gopher said:
Since when is paying for legal guidance in the largest Ch 11 case ever filed a "misappropriation"? And $100 mil for bonuses is not that out of line, given the crap wages that management makes. I earn about 50% of what I could make elsewhere given my eduacation and skills, but I'm here anyway.

Let's not forget UAL just paid about $250 million to the IAM for back pay and other items. Why is that not a misappropriation? Because it was owed to people that had done a job in the past? The same goes for legal fees and bonuses.
[post="245864"][/post]​

Not to be disingenuous, but your repeated postings of how you are working for 50% less of industry standard may be interpreted by some (such as myself) for the explanation as to why you are really here at ‘The LazyU’. Incompetence of our managerial staff is legendary and your post is exemplary of the ‘Executive Staff’ that really have no where else to go.

B) UT

I just think putting $100 million into service levels, might generate more revenue for the Company, rather than rewarding incompetance (and patronizing the performance we're going to get anyhow--which only serves to keep yields static). $100 isn't going to make a CS agent any less stressed or more motivated, but a little more help in the form of additional personnel might. If Glenn Tilton quits, I doubt the environment will change other than maybe we can find a CEO who will work for less. The only motivational tool that I see Mr. Tilton employing is the one Columbus used: 'burning his ships when he reached the New World'. It'll work for awhile--but it's no long term solution by any means...

casual rat said:
The only motivational tool that I see Mr. Tilton employing is the one Columbus used: 'burning his ships when he reached the New World'. It'll work for awhile--but it's no long term solution by any means...
[post="246702"][/post]​

I think it was Cortez in Mexico who burned his ships? Any history majors out there?

kcabpilot said:
I think we need to play this out to the end and stick to our guns. We need to find out why 2000 guys didn't bother to vote for one thing. I know the yes voters see us as having ended up with twice the paycut but that's not the case. We have a temporary 9.8% cut for four months (which is actually a 3.2% cut for the year) as opposed to a 5% permanent cut. We haven't lost our holidays or agreed to more outsourcing of our jobs.

Could the judge come back and extend the cuts? Maybe but obviously that would be getting into a clear abuse of the system and even if it went on for a year we still wouldn't be saddled with a 5 year concessionary contract that we agreed to.

In late May or early June the company is going to ask you to voluntarily allow them to terminate your pension. It's basically symbolic because they actually already have terminated all of the pensions. They've been spending that money willy-nilly for nearly a year now but if we don't agree to it they are going to try to abrogate our contract.

There's still a lot of fighting to be done here folks. Only after you accept the terms of a concessionary contract will there be no more battle. Take the next four months to pack a little away and make a few preperations, stock up the pantry and the fridge.

Get ready to STRIKE in case we have to
[post="244708"][/post]​

Excellent recommendation!!!

B) UT

From what I understand, flight attendants will have to vote on the pension part when it comes around in 90 days...and we still have our strike vote on the table as well.

Segue said:
That would be Cortez.

He burned his ships, stayed on to defeat the Aztec empire.
[post="247281"][/post]​

Thank You, I stand corrected! Now I know how the Aztecs felt....