Amfa Just Took A 9.8% Paycut

I think we need to play this out to the end and stick to our guns. We need to find out why 2000 guys didn't bother to vote for one thing. I know the yes voters see us as having ended up with twice the paycut but that's not the case. We have a temporary 9.8% cut for four months (which is actually a 3.2% cut for the year) as opposed to a 5% permanent cut. We haven't lost our holidays or agreed to more outsourcing of our jobs.

Could the judge come back and extend the cuts? Maybe but obviously that would be getting into a clear abuse of the system and even if it went on for a year we still wouldn't be saddled with a 5 year concessionary contract that we agreed to.

In late May or early June the company is going to ask you to voluntarily allow them to terminate your pension. It's basically symbolic because they actually already have terminated all of the pensions. They've been spending that money willy-nilly for nearly a year now but if we don't agree to it they are going to try to abrogate our contract.

There's still a lot of fighting to be done here folks. Only after you accept the terms of a concessionary contract will there be no more battle. Take the next four months to pack a little away and make a few preperations, stock up the pantry and the fridge.

Get ready to STRIKE in case we have to

According to my math, they spent $225 million on 'our' attorneys (and other BK fun) and $100 million on a Bonus Program, which equals $335 million that our customers paid us that got misappropriated to weaken 'our' bottom-line. And that was this past quarter....Who knows how much they're misappropriating elsewhere. Why don't they ask 'our' Attorneys for a paycut?

kcabpilot said:
I think we need to play this out to the end and stick to our guns. We need to find out why 2000 guys didn't bother to vote for one thing. I know the yes voters see us as having ended up with twice the paycut but that's not the case. We have a  temporary 9.8% cut for four months (which is actually a 3.2% cut for the year) as opposed to a 5% permanent cut. We haven't lost our holidays or agreed to more outsourcing of our jobs.

Could the judge come back and extend the cuts? Maybe but obviously that would be getting into a clear abuse of the system and even if it went on for a year we still wouldn't be saddled with a 5 year concessionary contract that we agreed to.

In late May or early June the company is going to ask you to voluntarily allow them to terminate your pension. It's basically symbolic because they actually already have terminated all of the pensions. They've been spending that money willy-nilly for nearly a year now but if we don't agree to it they are going to try to abrogate our contract.

There's still a lot of fighting to be done here folks. Only after you accept the terms of a concessionary contract will there be no more battle. Take the next four months to pack a little away and make a few preperations, stock up the pantry and the fridge.

Get ready to STRIKE in case we have to
[post="244708"][/post]​

Weren't they also trying to take away double time?

Despite initial appearances once you factor in all the other losses the straight 9.8% cut is less of a cut than the 5% plus everything else. For us the addtional cuts besides pay amounted to at least another 7% cut in total compensation. Our pay by the end of the year went down a lot more than 17.5%.

Does anyone here know what the Court imposed wage and sick leave concessions were for IAM Ramp and Public Contact employees?

novaqt said:
Does anyone here know what the Court imposed wage and sick leave concessions were for IAM Ramp and Public Contact employees?
[post="245444"][/post]​

The IAM 'represented' employees got an 11% paycut...70% paid sick leave

Outsource maintenance! :blink: :eek:

holycrapengine.jpg

Casual Rat:

Can you tell me why IAM represented received 11.5% and 70% sick leave pay concessions when ramp and public contact employees are paid the least? Why are AMFA employees upset at 9.8% and 70% sick leave? I believe Flight Attendants voted 9.5% reduction.

Fly,

UniTED has lost Airbus cowls more than once till they went to a two mechanic sign off. One has to sign that HE or SHE verified that the cowls were closed and latched. Do you have proof that this was from a 3RD party vendor Fly? No one is infalible Fly, even the mechanics at UniTED! EVERY Airbus operated with V2500 engines has had this sad experience. It's an Airbus design flaw with these cowls if you ask me, an accident waiting to happen.

That was a Wet Leased Ryan Air A320 flying for AirTran, not a UAL Plane.

novaqt said:
Casual Rat:

Can you tell me why IAM represented received 11.5% and 70% sick leave pay concessions when ramp and public contact employees are paid the least? Why are AMFA employees upset at 9.8% and 70% sick leave? I believe Flight Attendants voted 9.5% reduction.
[post="245644"][/post]​

Novaqt, that real nice Judge we have overseeing our BK 'fun' determined our concessions. I don't really know why, to be honest with you. There were alot of gasps and groans in the ol' paycheck line the other day...

novaqt said:
Casual Rat:

[post="245644"][/post]​

Um, you've got it backwards pal. Why are the IAM folks NOT upset over 11.5% paycut and 70% sick pay?

casual rat said:
According to my math, they spent $225 million on 'our' attorneys (and other BK fun) and $100 million on a Bonus Program, which equals $335 million that our customers paid us that got misappropriated to weaken 'our' bottom-line. And that was this past quarter... Who knows how much they're misappropriating elsewhere. Why don't they ask 'our' Attorneys for a paycut?
[post="244710"][/post]​

Since when is paying for legal guidance in the largest Ch 11 case ever filed a "misappropriation"? And $100 mil for bonuses is not that out of line, given the crap wages that management makes. I earn about 50% of what I could make elsewhere given my eduacation and skills, but I'm here anyway.

Let's not forget UAL just paid about $250 million to the IAM for back pay and other items. Why is that not a misappropriation? Because it was owed to people that had done a job in the past? The same goes for legal fees and bonuses.

Gopher says "Let's not forget UAL just paid about $250 million to the IAM for back pay and other items. "

The PEB found UniTED management liable and responcible to pay the mechanics RETRO pay for their lacking promise of a seamless contract. When a company is in financial difficulty IT SHOULD BE EVERYONE IN MANAGEMANT THAT LEADS THE WAY TO PROFITABILITY, LEAD BY EXAMPLE THERE GOPHER!!!!

Gopher quotes "I earn about 50% of what I could make elsewhere given my eduacation and skills, but I'm here anyway." Funny, when I worked at UniTED most maintenace supers and management came right off the floor with no more or a little less edjucation than anyone else on the floor. What makes YOU so special and indespensible GOPER. There isn't ANYONE in this business that can't be replaced, including YOU! If you can 50% more than I would have left that crap whole LONG AGO. Quit blowing smoke up your own A$$, if you worth more you would have left a year LONG AGO like I did. I probably make more than you do at Frontier even!

Latest posts

Back