AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogallo;

I assume you are LAA M&R, so with that said, it's NOT that the membership here at AA is STUPID as you have put it so many times it's that they were NEVER really taught what a True Union is and how it all works. The TWU FAILED at that for the last 30+ years. The TWU has worked so closely with AA that they became a Lame Duck union. As long as they got the numbers they wanted they told the members that we fought and did the best we could but we will get them Next time.

The M&R employees here swallowed that hook, line, & sinker. As the TWU exec. council changed the same Ole story became the norm. Not trying to insult anyone here or any station, but we all know that what ever Tulsa wanted we all got, result of that.

The TWU kept the internal battle between the line and the Base so that we the AMFA organizers would have a tough time in our attempt to remove the TWU all these years. It was always about economics for the TWU and to this day it still is.

I think times are changing, we have gotten a record number of cards this drive from the Tulsa M&R employees. Some of our ASSociation members have been scared by comment made by the IAM as well. Threatening the Pension and NOW the Medical they have.

There are lots of older A&P's here at AA that this may be their last contract, just staying the course and making it to the end is all they are LQQKING to do.

Let's hope that the info that has been put out this time around starts to sink in, and we can remove this ASSociation and Bring AMFA here when we Vote.

Here is a video that refutes raid of the TWU, by AMFA.

go to youtube and type in AMFA organizers in the search box.
you should find this.

AMFA Organizers by Ken McTeirnan

Last edited:
1. "YES" Painter letter was sent and has been hung in break rooms.

2. "YES" this is still a GO

3. A vote will be conducted by the NMB once the cards are verified and a list from AA supplied with the number of eligible members they believe are in the Class and craft. That is where the database we have has been kept all these years comes into play. A month or so I would guess?

4. True our cards will expire in the Month of NOV. 2020, ( 1yr )

5. "YES" it could end up with a vote happening in Jan of 2021, depending on number of cards filed, AA's list, NMB, and what other factors that could come into play with motions from the ASSociation.

6. It is NOT "AMFA" it is the employees of AA that are filing for the change of representation, our selection is AMFA. I think this time we are prepared for what may get thrown at us.

YOU are 100% correct that the guys who had previously sign card should again this time and the Title 2 guys who historically haven't should by now see that the TWU/IAM Association is NOT looking out for them.

Thx for all the info AIM.
#6-- My bad, and you are correct, I do keep saying AMFA filing when it will be the employees at AA that will be filing for the AMFA representation.
#5-- I thought it might be at least a month if not actually starting until Jan 1st.
Keep sending in them cards folks, time for change is right around the corner...

SWAMT; Whatever language is in the Alaska contract with regards to the bumping process can be found on the AMFA National web page, I would assume. Can't you pull up your contract and compare the two?

Does it really Matter each company no matter what union will have some rules the same and some different.
The membership and the company by negotiations and a vote to ratify or not the language in the contract. Each membership has a importance level for each and every section of that contract. That is why some language stays and some gets changed each time the contract becomes ammedable.
I am sure we can but I have no reason to pull up Alaska's contract and read for the bumping and bidding on rifs.

So swamt how much is the union going to give up to keep you guys afloat?
Hey avi, as promised, here's the update from our ALR's as well as AMFA National on the recent meetings with SWA when asking for concessions. Since you asked me personally I thought I would respectfully respond to you with their answers and options for the company so here they are. Hope this helps answer your questions. And don't forget the Pilots and F/A's have also already declined the co's request for concessions too...

October 8, 2020

To All AMFA Members at Southwest Airlines:

Today, October 8, 2020, your Airline Representatives (ALR) and legal counsel attended an online meeting with the Company at the request of Southwest Airlines (SWA). As you may have seen or heard from Gary Kelly this week, SWA is seeking concessions from its union-represented employees, thus prompting today’s meeting. We denied the Company’s request to sign non-disclosure agreements prior to this meeting that request because you – as AMFA members and Southwest employees -- deserve to know what is going on, especially when the Company seeks to extract concessions from your contracts.

The Company presented a formal request of a ten percent (10%) reduction to base wages and premiums for every group AMFA represents at SWA, to begin January 1, 2021, and run through the entire year. In addition, any step or annual raises would be frozen during that same period. The Company indicated, if accepted, it would not furlough any AMFA member or seek additional concessions. Unfortunately, that promise rang hollow when it was immediately qualified with “barring unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances.”

AMFA is willing to engage in discussions with the Company aimed to identify possible cost saving measures that do not require concessions to our contracts, which have been earned by your sweat equity over many years at SWA. The Company continues to outsource large amounts of your work to vendors; therefore, we should focus on reducing costs by bringing that work back to the Southwest family where our members stand ready, willing, and able to show just how productive we are. Collaborative solutions such as these will prove more valuable than empty asks for fixed percentage reductions to our compensation.

Yesterday, Gary Kelly sent a letter to union representatives in which he, prior to formally requesting concessions, attempted to blame the unions for any WARN Act notices he may decide to send. Mr. Kelly asked the unions to keep concession negotiations “simple, move swiftly, and give our People a chance to vote.” He went on to say, “absent that, you are choosing to send WARN notices to our People on November 1.” It is the CEO and his senior management that will decide whether or not to send Southwest employees WARN Act Notices, not the respective unions.

We are not interested in concessions to our contracts. We will, however, engage with the Company to consider cost saving measures while protecting your contracts in the face of requests for concessions. We will defend and enforce all three AMFA contracts at SWA, which each contain language restricting any reduction in force of our members while Southwest continues to outsource your work. The solidarity of our members, especially during these times, is our strength.

In Solidarity,

Your AMFA–SWA Airline Representatives

Here's more from AMFA National;

Memorandum

To:
Date:
Re:
AMFA Membership
Jay Johnson, National Secretary/Treasurer
October 8, 2020
NEC Supports AMFA–SWA Airline Representatives
Dear Members:

Today, October 8, 2020, the National Executive Council (NEC) was notified by the AMFA–Southwest Airlines (SWA) Airline Representatives (ALR) of a meeting with SWA pertaining to requested concessions to begin January 1, 2021, running through the entire year. In addition, any step or annual raises would be frozen during that same period.

The NEC unanimously supports the AMFA–SWA ALRs in their engaging with the Company in discussions intended to identify possible cost saving solutions that do not require the opening of any of the three collective bargaining agreements (CBA) represented by AMFA on property.

For further information on this matter, please refer to the AMFA–SWA ALR Membership Update dated October 8, 2020.

Furthermore, we continue to support the Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air ALRs as they engage in discussions with their respective company to identify possible cost saving solutions that do not require the opening of the CBAs represented by AMFA.

On behalf of the National Executive Council,

Jay Johnson
National Secretary/Treasurer

Latest AMFA video

JimmyBop;

Interesting video, so we can assume that either your a TWU LOVER, fleet service, NOT M&R. The reason I say this is because the AMFA Organizers have worked hard for a lot of years attempting to bring something different here to AA than the TWU. The TWU has for 30+ yrs been a lame duck union doing the bidding of the company to line its pockets and NOT ours. Wanting something better for the M&R Class and craft is and has been the organizers goal. A lot of personal time and money has been spent in this attempt, and for you to insult them by this video is shameful. You asked a question and I gave you an Honest and truthful answer and respected you. Because these AMFA organizers are looking to Better their representation which will improve the careers they have chosen you feel they are a Joke, or all this has been a Joke? Really???

If you disagree with what they are doing that is Ok, everyone has a right to their opinion. If by ANY chance you are part of the M&R class & craft they are hoping to improve your status within the company eyes. The Pilots are respected why? The Flight attendants as well have a seperate union. So why is it so hard for you to understand that the Mechanics want to be represented by the Union of their choosing. If a vote does come here to AA and the TWU/IAM ASSociation does not get voted in then the membership will have spoken.

AMFA may or may NOT be the best for M&R but we will not know until we Bring them here, Vote in Officers and change the Union constitution that we work under at this time. Joining a UNION that has Airline people at the TOP, Not some NY TWU BUS DRIVER, who is stuck in the past with his rhetoric and threats. A Union leader who does NOT know what the railway Labor act says with regards to the airline industry. Samuelson knows that AMFA does not have a organizing division like the 3 industrial unions the TWU/IAM/IBT do. So to call this card drive a raid is ignorant, it's his membership that is saying we Have Had Enough of the Back Door Deals, SCAMMING, and promotion of guys into positions just to shut them up.

Peterson, Schieble, Ditmer, and many others were at one time AMFA supporters thinking you can change from within but the only thing they realised was the $$$$
was good and the perks they got being part of the TWU Scam. Ron V., Gless, Drumand, and the past officers screwed the membership over and over.

What has the TWU and or the ASSociation done that has improved you wage earning potential for YOUR future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back