AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the ASSociation has thrown out one of their old sticks (AMFA is raiding) and some are chasing. We have one guy stirring the pot, Old AZZ probably from the Association. The other old tired TWU claims , AMFA never negotiated a contract. Alaska and Southwest. Never delt with merger. Alaska Virgin America. How much did we hear about it? not much. They now are under ONE union not a cluster of two clueless entities. Have you looked at the cost of our health care. The company is pushing a low cost version the could be incredibly costly in out of pocket expenses. If you have a family and need to keep the best health care, the money you received with pay raise will all but disappear. This is what your union negotiated for us. Parts of this contract don't start until 3 years after DOS. There are twice the number of TWU members to IAM members yet we do things the IAM way. We need one union, one set of rules for us to move forward. Southwest has already asked for concessions, who's next?. Last time it happened to us we got the scraps. AMFA has already told Southwest no concessions and no non disclosure clause.
Because I have a different opinion. I am stirring the pot. Is this a BB that only people who think alike can join. There is a name for that. I don't give a crap about the TWU or IAM or AMFA. It don't matter what the name of the Union is. Union lost all of its power when the days of getting what you want with a baseball bat stop. ALL unions are now a business. That is why AMFA whats AA so bad. Its about the money for them also. You guys need to wake up and stop drinking the Kool aid.

I see the ASSociation has thrown out one of their old sticks (AMFA is raiding) and some are chasing. We have one guy stirring the pot, Old AZZ probably from the Association. The other old tired TWU claims , AMFA never negotiated a contract. Alaska and Southwest. Never delt with merger. Alaska Virgin America. How much did we hear about it? not much. They now are under ONE union not a cluster of two clueless entities. Have you looked at the cost of our health care. The company is pushing a low cost version the could be incredibly costly in out of pocket expenses. If you have a family and need to keep the best health care, the money you received with pay raise will all but disappear. This is what your union negotiated for us. Parts of this contract don't start until 3 years after DOS. There are twice the number of TWU members to IAM members yet we do things the IAM way. We need one union, one set of rules for us to move forward. Southwest has already asked for concessions, who's next?. Last time it happened to us we got the scraps. AMFA has already told Southwest no concessions and no non disclosure clause.

All lies and misinformation. Always comes out when close to a possible representational vote/filing.
First and foremost, AMFA is NOT raiding at AA. The TWU/IAM/Asso. members are doing a grass roots card drive to replace this pathetic asso.
Secondly; AMFA has nego. contracts several times at Southwest, Alaska and soon at Horizon. AMFA has also dealt with mergers in the past with Southwest & AirTran, plus Alaska & Virgin. Also nego both merger language and combining seniority list from all 4 carriers into one list with guess what, no hiccups, smooth sailing which all nego mergers and contracts were all approved and voted on by the membership, did the AA'ers have a voice in their mergers? Contracts concessions?? Any say so in anything??? NO! They haven't. And now is the time to change all that.

Not correcting or challenging you money. Just reassuring what you posted.

AMFA@AA2020...

Because I have a different opinion. I am stirring the pot. Is this a BB that only people who think alike can join. There is a name for that. I don't give a crap about the TWU or IAM or AMFA. It don't matter what the name of the Union is. Union lost all of its power when the days of getting what you want with a baseball bat stop. ALL unions are now a business. That is why AMFA whats AA so bad. Its about the money for them also. You guys need to wake up and stop drinking the Kool aid.
Correction. AMFA is not going after the AA folks for representation. It's in fact the TWU/IAM/Asso. members of the mechanic and related class and craft that wants AMFA to represent them so they can have a voice and be heard and way better represented in their industry. It's not AMFA wants them so bad, it's THEY want AMFA so bad...

GP said in his video #3 on the TWU 591 website front page in his response to the membership collecting AMFA cards that the AMFA Organizer who put out a video himself to counter Samuelson's Raid video needs to check his facts.

GP said the TWU offered to pay or give money to the AMTAUSA an organization which was created by this AMT to promote the class and craft he feels strongly about and he refused to take them up on their offer. This AMT said he would take money for this cause from anyone. Watching this I am assuming the TWU wanted to take the credit for the Mechanical competition which the AMTAUSA conducts each yr. This is for all A&P's not just AA's TWU represented mechanics.

GP said that AA has a AMT award that is given to the TOP Mechanic at AA, and that should be renamed after Blackie. These are two seperate awards, 1.is for work at AA. 2. The Other is for the Team/individuals who compete in the contest run by the AMTUSA to promote AMT's.

I ask why hasn't the TWU gotten with AA to rename AA's AMT award also known as the Golden Wrench Award to the Al Blackman Award?

If you want to know about the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association go to their website as GP said do your own research. www.amtausa.com

GP said in his video #3 on the TWU 591 website front page in his response to the membership collecting AMFA cards that the AMFA Organizer who put out a video himself to counter Samuelson's Raid video needs to check his facts.

GP said the TWU offered to pay or give money to the AMTAUSA an organization which was created by this AMT to promote the class and craft he feels strongly about and he refused to take them up on their offer. This AMT said he would take money for this cause from anyone. Watching this I am assuming the TWU wanted to take the credit for the Mechanical competition which the AMTAUSA conducts each yr. This is for all A&P's not just AA's TWU represented mechanics.

GP said that AA has a AMT award that is given to the TOP Mechanic at AA, and that should be renamed after Blackie. These are two seperate awards, 1.is for work at AA. 2. The Other is for the Team/individuals who compete in the contest run by the AMTUSA to promote AMT's.

I ask why hasn't the TWU gotten with AA to rename AA's AMT award also known as the Golden Wrench Award to the Al Blackman Award?

If you want to know about the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association go to their website as GP said do your own research. www.amtausa.com

Hello. It's been a long time but I felt I needed to shed some light on this.

The AMT award at AA has nothing to do with the Golden Wrench award. It was developed as a way to gain some self respect for the AMTs after the TWU gave away the farm and AA started treating AMTs as inmates. It was named after Ken because of his dedication to the craft. Because of Ken there is a Charles Taylor Award and an AMT Day along with the AMT competition that Ken has run for years. I have never met Al Blackman and I have heard that he is loved by all but he is known for longevity and he even has an AA airplane with his name on it. This is not a longevity award. It's to recognize those AMTs who are the best of the best. Gary Peterson sold out for an international job along with the retirement that we ALL should have. Everyone has their price and we know now what his was. I am embarrassed that I defended him on this message board in the past. Others said he was only looking out for himself and it looks like they were right.

Hello. It's been a long time but I felt I needed to shed some light on this.

The AMT award at AA has nothing to do with the Golden Wrench award. It was developed as a way to gain some self respect for the AMTs after the TWU gave away the farm and AA started treating AMTs as inmates. It was named after Ken because of his dedication to the craft. Because of Ken there is a Charles Taylor Award and an AMT Day along with the AMT competition that Ken has run for years. I have never met Al Blackman and I have heard that he is loved by all but he is known for longevity and he even has an AA airplane with his name on it. This is not a longevity award. It's to recognize those AMTs who are the best of the best. Gary Peterson sold out for an international job along with the retirement that we ALL should have. Everyone has their price and we know now what his was. I am embarrassed that I defended him on this message board in the past. Others said he was only looking out for himself and it looks like they were right.
OLDGUY; MY Mistake I thought those were one in the same I really didn't keep much up on AA awards since most are just a Popularity gift anyway Thanks for the correction.

AMFA Statement: TWU/IAM Scare Tactics and Lobbying

In an effort to scare its membership into remaining members of a poorly run union, the TWU/IAM Association is trying to play up their clout in Washington D.C. while de-emphasizing AMFA’s contributions and their importance to the aircraft mechanic and related maintenance workers’ class and craft. There is no doubt that the IAM and TWU parent organizations spend considerable resources maintaining offices in and around Washington, D.C. They often lobby on behalf of their membership, but how much of that lobbying and money spent is actually for the aircraft mechanic and related?

Although AMFA does not pay for overpriced real estate, to say that AMFA doesn’t have any presence or impact on Capitol Hill is disingenuous. As the only craft-specific union representing the aircraft mechanic and related, AMFA is laser focused on our issues, and strategically utilizes its member-provided resources where they will have the best impact for our membership. We are deeply involved in government affairs on both the legislative and regulatory fronts, and continue to break down walls to raise the profile of the craft to the prominent position it deserves. In just the past five years, AMFA has been involved in proposed legislation that puts limits on foreign outsourcing, successfully promoted workforce development, and has been appointed to important government committees and working groups. One such example is the seat AMFA maintains on the Transportation Security Administration’s (TSA) Aviation Security Advisory Committee (ASAC) as the labor union representing aircraft mechanics and related, a committee that was devoid of a maintenance labor voice until AMFA lobbied Congress and the TSA to include us.

The aircraft mechanic and related worker at American now faces a choice — a craft-specific union,

where every cent and every thought of every second of every day is about you, or a thrown-together combination of two larger industrial unions where one can hope that the resources will eventually flow your way. Make your decision wisely for your craft.

Correction. AMFA is not going after the AA folks for representation. It's in fact the TWU/IAM/Asso. members of the mechanic and related class and craft that wants AMFA to represent them so they can have a voice and be heard and way better represented in their industry. It's not AMFA wants them so bad, it's THEY want AMFA so bad...
You have to be kidding me. Here in Miami there is one guys that keep trying to get peopler to sign cards. One it the most hated guy in Miami That is it. HE goes around and bug the living **** out of people to get them to sign a card. The teamsters got more people to sign cards because they are a union that people know and respect. After they teamed up with the TWU to out smart AMFA. People gave up. You will not get a vote now and never will at AA because NO ONE CARES. Come the next few weeks I will be on here saying I told you so. You will come up with the same excuse as you have the last 2 times.

You have to be kidding me. Here in Miami there is one guys that keep trying to get peopler to sign cards. One it the most hated guy in Miami That is it. HE goes around and bug the living **** out of people to get them to sign a card. The teamsters got more people to sign cards because they are a union that people know and respect. After they teamed up with the TWU to out smart AMFA. People gave up. You will not get a vote now and never will at AA because NO ONE CARES. Come the next few weeks I will be on here saying I told you so. You will come up with the same excuse as you have the last 2 times.
You mean well respected like this video shows? A ex twu local president selling personal information to the teamsters for a union position. Many wonder how far he would have went for personal gain.

Reactions: swamt
Status
Not open for further replies.