AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what the AMFA mechanics said at NW before they were tossed off the property and quickly replaced while the “other groups” maintained their positions and pay. Southwest’s “other groups” do very well without being in the same union as the mechanics. This notion that the “other groups” need the mechanics is a fallacy. Historically, what happened at EA and CO (first bk) provide additional evidence of this falsehood.
you are correct thats why you should let maintenance go. we are just bringing the other groups down.

I have always wondered how you cant stand the TWU and How you always tell how bad of a job they have done. Yet when you lost your job at Eastern you chose to come work here. At that time most of you Eastern guys talked about how strong you guys was and shut Eastern down.
We at AA and TWU have done what it took to keep our Jobs several times. That is the ONLY reason you was able to get a job at AA. Not only YOU but ALL of your Eastern Buddies. So Let me get this right. You shut Eastern Down because you didn't want to take a pay cut. Then you came over to AA and took a pay cut. Sounds like you Eastern guys are not that bright.
Wow. It was all I could do to get through this grammatical abortion of a paragraph. I highlighted something simple to correct. Start there.

you are correct thats why you should let maintenance go. we are just bringing the other groups down.
How are we preventing you from leaving the association? We have absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever. What is preventing your departure is your fellow AMTs. Now that it looks like you will have an election, you need to persuade a majority of your fellow AMTs to vote for AMFA. I sincerely hope you all are successful.

I was at NW. It's worth noting that the AMT's that were screaming the loudest about "coattail riding" were by and large the first to get laid off. Those pushing for genuine change understood that everyone brought value to the operation. Just my .02

How are we preventing you from leaving the association? We have absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever. What is preventing your departure is your fellow AMTs. Now that it looks like you will have an election, you need to persuade a majority of your fellow AMTs to vote for AMFA. I sincerely hope you all are successful.
i dont think much persuasion will be necassary.

That’s what the AMFA mechanics said at NW before they were tossed off the property and quickly replaced while the “other groups” maintained their positions and pay. Southwest’s “other groups” do very well without being in the same union as the mechanics. This notion that the “other groups” need the mechanics is a fallacy. Historically, what happened at EA and CO (first bk) provide additional evidence of this falsehood.
Those "other groups" that replaced the mechanics were scabs who crossed a legal picket line and continued to work. It included IAM, TWU and other unionized groups that wanted to see AMFA go down. Pretty hard to succeed when you have all these entities against one group striking.
What "other groups" are you referring to at SWA? Do you mean the "and related" within the Mechanic And Related??

Thanks for the kind words of support.
You personally are probably not preventing them leaving the Asso. It's the TWU/IAM/Asso. and the anti-AMFA propaganda which also includes other industrial unions and we may even see the company be a part of it too this time around again just like they did last time. The company is scared to death to lose their puppets on strings Asso made up of the TWU and IAM unions, so they can easily get them to agree to everything they want all the time. And of course the TWU and IAM doesn't want to lose their last and final airline mechanics in their representation umbrella. As a veteran of these boards you already know how bad the rhetoric will pick up as we get closure and closure to a representational vote with AMFA on the ballot.

This is what you guys do when you cant attack the facts. Ouch you hurt my feelings. Ok not deal with the facts. Oh wait you cant. LMFAO
I could not care less about your "facts".

I have not worked for Eastern and currently do not work for any airline.

Why would I care?

I just find it fascinating you fancy yourself an intellectual yet you write like you have a 6th grade education.

I could not care less about your "facts".

I have not worked for Eastern and currently do not work for any airline.

Why would I care?

I just find it fascinating you fancy yourself an intellectual yet you write like you have a 6th grade education.
6th grade? That much? He still has paint on his fingers. LOL.

For you fellas on the fence still about AMFA, here's an example of how they would defend their members. First is the WARN letters to 403 AMFA members. Second is the immediate response from AMFA;

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/fa1ccb6...rlough.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

AMFA-SWA ALR Membership Update #3
November 18, 2020 -- Southwest Airlines, under its current leadership, showed its true colors today. Those colors paint a picture of a company engaged in textbook crisis capitalism. As you are now aware, Southwest sent WARN Act notices to 403 of our members today. In addition, Southwest sent notices of possible displacement to more than 1,000 of our members. To be clear, if you received a WARN Act notice, this does not mean you will be furloughed. The Company must comply with this federal law and its 60-day notice provision in order to preserve the ability, under that federal law, to follow through with its threatened furloughs. Southwest made the decision to send these notices to our members despite the fact we were still engaged in productive dialogue as recent as Monday of this week (November 16) identifying savings already recognized from our group and pinpointing additional cost reductions that do not require opening our CBA’s. Unfortunately, the Company seems more interested in stoking fear than actually identifying mutually beneficial cost savings measures that would allow the Company to weather the remainder of this pandemic.

Southwest Notifies AMFA of Its Intent to Violate Labor Contract
November 18, 2020 -- Southwest Airlines notified AMFA of its intent to execute a mass furlough of 403 Aircraft Maintenance Technicians, Facilities Maintenance Technicians, and Aircraft Appearance Technicians, scheduled to take place on January 25, 2021. This action is being taken in retaliation for Southwest’s perceived lack of progress in cost savings discussions with the union. To make this threat more explicit, Southwest suggested the furloughs could be avoided if we agree to cost savings measures (voluntary wage concessions), if additional government aid is extended to the airline or if there is an unforeseen revenue increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back