AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the organizers pls.

When the asso. files to add group/names to the eligibility list and request the NMB to add them in to the Mechanic Class and Craft will and or does AMFA get the chance to file a counter to why they do or don't think those in the group should be added or not?
Or does it just go straight to the NMB as a request and the NMB makes a decision on their parameters being met? Just curious how that process works out and who is aloud to object or not on added names and groups to the list. I thought I read somewhere where both sides would be given the chance to counter any additions to the list. Am I wrong about this?

It would be interesting to read how and why the asso. all of a sudden want to add these groups that took work away from the mechanics and moved that work to THEIR fleet group and now they want to bring it back into the mechanic and related class, imagine that.
It would also be interesting and maybe even entertaining to read AMFA's counter to the asso. addition of more names and/or groups.
Funny how they were so quick to take work from the mechanics and NOW that their livelihood is at stake want to oh so quickly get that work back into the mechanic and related group. This asso. is so bass-ackwards it's pathetic. All about saving themselves that is for sure...

Last edited:

When the asso. files to add group/names to the eligibility list and request the NMB to add them in to the Mechanic Class and Craft will and or does AMFA get the chance to file a counter to why they do or don't think those in the group should be added or not?
Or does it just go straight to the NMB as a request and the NMB makes a decision on their parameters being met? Just curious how that process works out and who is aloud to object or not on added names and groups to the list. I thought I read somewhere where both sides would be given the chance to counter any additions to the list. Am I wrong about this?

It would be interesting to read how and why the asso. all of a sudden want to add these groups that took work away from the mechanics and moved that work to THEIR fleet group and now they want to bring it back into the mechanic and related class, imagine that.
It would also be interesting and maybe even entertaining to reads AMFA's counter to the asso. addition of more names and/or groups.
Funny how they were so quick to take work from the mechanics and NOW that their livelihood is at stake want to oh so quickly get that work back into the mechanic and related group. This asso. is so bass-ackwards it's pathetic. All about saving themselves that is for sure...

I think thats covered under the National Mediation Board Representation Manual, "Page 9" Section 8.0 to 10.202 " page 14".

https://nmb.gov/NMB_Application/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Representation-Manual-2019.pdf

Last edited:

It would also be interesting and maybe even entertaining to reads AMFA's counter to the asso. addition of more names and/or groups.

A window will open for both AMFA and the Association to file objections to company initial list. For some unknown reason the Association filed their objections before the NMB opened the first window! Inept representation and gave us an early view of their position! Show your cards before the window opens must be some stooge strategy that leaves most legal experts shaking their damn heads! LoL

Then another window will open after first window expires for each party to respond to other parties objections and the company will respond also to both parties objections

Then the NMB will make rulings that will eventually end in the official final eligibility list

Then card count will determine if sufficient interest has been met to call for an election

Then company provides printed labels of last known member address and then NMB mails out voting instructions and sets tabulation date and time

All documents and arguments will be available for reading after the process completes

I hope this answered your question

Last edited:
Reactions: chellow
A window will open for both AMFA and the Association to file objections to company initial list. For some unknown reason the Association filed their objections before the NMB opened the first window! Inept representation and gave us an early view of their position! Show your cards before the window opens must be some stooge strategy that leaves most legal experts shaking their damn heads! LoL

Then another window will open after first window expires for each party to respond to other parties objections and the company will respond also to both parties objections

Then the NMB will make rulings that will eventually end in the official final eligibility list

Then card count will determine if sufficient interest has been met to call for an election

Then company provides printed labels of last known member address and then NMB mails out voting instructions and sets tabulation date and time

All documents and arguments will be available for reading after the process completes

I hope this answered your question

Yes you did, and thank you very much.
I am in communication with a few AA'ers in private that are requesting a bunch of AMFA info. I am told by them they wanted a third party member of AMFA to ask how AMFA is ran and how we are represented before they make their decision when the time comes on the vote. I have told them that there will be a period where both sides will be able to object or challenge employees and groups added to the eligibility list provided by the company, so just wanted to confirm the process with known facts, so again, thanks for taking the time to answer.
With what is going on in DC, does anyone have a ballpark range of date of a possible announcement/approval/vote? I know NMB is backed up, as well as pandemic and DC unrest as of late, just curious if some of you think it may happen 1Q or in the 2Q?? This waiting period is killing me... :)

Yes you did, and thank you very much.
I am in communication with a few AA'ers in private that are requesting a bunch of AMFA info. I am told by them they wanted a third party member of AMFA to ask how AMFA is ran and how we are represented before they make their decision when the time comes on the vote. I have told them that there will be a period where both sides will be able to object or challenge employees and groups added to the eligibility list provided by the company, so just wanted to confirm the process with known facts, so again, thanks for taking the time to answer.
With what is going on in DC, does anyone have a ballpark range of date of a possible announcement/approval/vote? I know NMB is backed up, as well as pandemic and DC unrest as of late, just curious if some of you think it may happen 1Q or in the 2Q?? This waiting period is killing me... :)

Below is a list of determinations representation disputes between Mechanics and Related Employees at respective carriers and months it took for determination election final.

Northwest Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6621
July 22, 1998 to June 1, 1999----------about 10 months

Southwest Airlines

AMFA vs IBT- CASE NO. R-6919
November 6, 2002 to January 27, 2003----------about 3 months

United Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6933
March 6, 2003 to July 15, 2003----------about 5 months

IBT vs AMFA - CASE NO. R-7141
December 4, 2007 to April 1, 2008----------about 4 months

American Airlines

AMFA vs ASS. TWU- IAM- CASE NO. R-7557
November 16, 2020 to open

Last edited:
Below is a list of determinations representation disputes between Mechanics and Related Employees at respective carriers and months it took for determination election final.

Northwest Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6621
July 22, 1998 to June 1, 1999----------about 10 months

Southwest Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6919
November 6, 2002 to January 27, 2003----------about 3 months

United Airlines

AMFA vs IAM- CASE NO. R-6933
March 6, 2003 to July 15, 2003----------about 5 months

IBT vs AMFA - CASE NO. R-7141
December 4, 2007 to April 1, 2008----------about 4 months

American Airlines

AMFA vs ASS. TWU- IAM- CASE NO. R-7557
November 16, 2020 to open

Just a quick note. The election at Southwest was between the IBT (teamsters) and AMFA, not IAM in 2003. Maybe a misprint or something.
Just by the mere size of AA I would put you all at around 6-9 months as a guess by me. Good info thanks again chellow.

Just a quick note. The election at Southwest was between the IBT (teamsters) and AMFA, not IAM in 2003. Maybe a misprint or something.
Just by the mere size of AA I would put you all at around 6-9 months as a guess by me. Good info thanks again chellow.
With DC shut down, Covid-19 forcing people to work from home or remote locations and reduced staffing levels unless someone is directly connected to the NMB offices we are all guessing on time lines.

Perhaps each of us could attempt to contact the NMB to see if Covid is going to delay the process...
https://m.theepochtimes.com/dems-un...nal-labor-relations-board-lawyer_3668003.html

Quote:
“His refusal to uphold the Board’s mission during this deadly pandemic—including unlawfully halting union representation elections and failing to hold employers accountable for violating the law—has left workers powerless to protect themselves against unsafe workplaces, meager wages, and other forms of abuse.”

With DC shut down, Covid-19 forcing people to work from home or remote locations and reduced staffing levels unless someone is directly connected to the NMB offices we are all guessing on time lines.

Yea. Pretty sure we can count on some added months to the timelines.

Perhaps each of us could attempt to contact the NMB to see if Covid is going to delay the process...

Buck, I think there is a contact number you can call or maybe email now that most are working from home and ask certain questions about the case in question. However, I would rather see you contact one of the organizers and not bother the investigator or the NMB at this point. They usually don't like a ton of questions coming from all sorts of directions and I think I remember the NMB said something about an appointed contact person during these investigations and fact findings. Rather that contact person for this case is Brett, Gene and/or maybe even one of the AA Organizers, so I would ask one of the organizers first and then go from there.
Going thru the appointed contact person will keep it more professional and organized rather than having many people trying to contact and ask questions. Just thinking about keeping this running as smooth as possible so they can get thru the NMB with an election vote at AA finally.

https://m.theepochtimes.com/dems-un...nal-labor-relations-board-lawyer_3668003.html

Quote:
“His refusal to uphold the Board’s mission during this deadly pandemic—including unlawfully halting union representation elections and failing to hold employers accountable for violating the law—has left workers powerless to protect themselves against unsafe workplaces, meager wages, and other forms of abuse.”

I couldn't tap the article 1AA as it required a subscription. However I did check the date of 1-22-21. My question is; will this mean better movement within the NMB now with the NLRBL being terminated? After all by your added quote he was holding up a lot of union elections and failing to hold the employers accountable when they interfered, probably something AA really didn't want to happen at this time, so I see it as a favorable move leaning in favor for the AMFA and Organizers filing for an election. Am I right here, and how you read the article? I didn't know this guy was holding a bunch of elections up and crap. Just another huge speed bump in the way of AMFA trying to get a fair and transparent election done at AA. If this guy really was holding up elections and not holding co's accountable I fully agree with him being fired. You won't hear this from me too much but way to go Biden. :)

I couldn't tap the article 1AA as it required a subscription. However I did check the date of 1-22-21. My question is; will this mean better movement within the NMB now with the NLRBL being terminated? After all by your added quote he was holding up a lot of union elections and failing to hold the employers accountable when they interfered, probably something AA really didn't want to happen at this time, so I see it as a favorable move leaning in favor for the AMFA and Organizers filing for an election. Am I right here, and how you read the article? I didn't know this guy was holding a bunch of elections up and crap. Just another huge speed bump in the way of AMFA trying to get a fair and transparent election done at AA. If this guy really was holding up elections and not holding co's accountable I fully agree with him being fired. You won't hear this from me too much but way to go Biden. :)
I guess I have to give you credit for admitting the Republican Party is full of Retards that HATE Unions. LMFAO

I guess I have to give you credit for admitting the Republican Party is full of Retards that HATE Unions. LMFAO
found the old azz on the side of the road

Attachments

• old azz.jpg
    old azz.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.