AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how much proof, evidence you have corruption, bribery and coercion always trumps it all. I'll wait until the NMB officially announces an election.

The Organizers I spoke with are saying this investigator is being very transparent and out in the open. If it were Hennessey being assigned to this case I would have been worried. So far to me this investigator seems to be fair to all parties involved. The questions will come if she allows any data in that was NOT provided as the NMB guidelines and procedures are listed to be supplied in the format required by the guidelines.
Will we hear anything this same month? Next month?? Who knows when...

I would encourage anyone new to these forums looking to get more info on AMFA for a decision making facts gathering to take the time and attend any or all the AMFA info meetings, Road Shows (R/S's) Double check everything you hear the asso say about AMFA and most will see very quickly how far off they are about AMFA info. They will say anything to save their arses from getting fired.
Don't just take everything you hear as factual and truthful. Double check everything you hear.

Sadly most of the union officers at various levels including the International were at one time or more AMFA supporters and even organizers. That in itself says plenty about how the unions corrupt the minds of our fellow employees when money and favors come into play.

So true. And I believe Gary Peterson is the lasted example of a big AMFA supporter in the international of the asso. as one of the folks you speak of.
Yes Gary Peterson, please do tell us now why you would be so against AMFA representation when you promoted AMFA's inner workings and structure previously before you were promoted higher up in the International ranks of the union to shut your arse up. Indeed please explain that to us Gary...

I was told Gary has the most to lose in this. He is Title 1. If the Association loses title 1 and 2 representation what happens to him? I don't know how old he is but maybe retirement will be an option. In the past guys so far up in the International never came back to the floor to face the guys they screwed over. The only exception I can recall was Mr. Don't raise your expectations Bobby Gless.
He had a hard time with the boys at JFK that management had meetings with the troops on how to be nice to him.

A union reprehensive came by my work area today and told us he supports AMFA, but that it’s not the right time to have a vote, I just lose it. How They're they, I’m just loss with words.

A union reprehensive came by my work area today and told us he supports AMFA, but that it’s not the right time to have a vote, I just lose it. How They're they, I’m just loss with words.
When is it a good time? We have a contract. Negotiations are over. The industry is slowly heading in a positive direction. We are one now under the Association. No more two divided work forces. Now is the best time. The best reason is we were robbed of a representational vote as promised by both unions. Now is the best time and hopefully we can finally get that vote and let the members decide instead of the Association dictate to the members what's best for us. We are all grown up now and can make adult choices. I hope by next week or so we hear from the NMB.

Reactions: chellow

It's never the right time.
Why isn't it the right time?
No contract nego's being worked on. No elections for the officers or international positions (oops, they never have those elections never mind) company has agreed to "pause" the rebid so NOW is the "best time" for a vote. Nothing is now standing in the way except for the asso.

Reactions: 1AA
I was told Gary has the most to lose in this. He is Title 1. If the Association loses title 1 and 2 representation what happens to him? I don't know how old he is but maybe retirement will be an option. In the past guys so far up in the International never came back to the floor to face the guys they screwed over. The only exception I can recall was Mr. Don't raise your expectations Bobby Gless.
He had a hard time with the boys at JFK that management had meetings with the troops on how to be nice to him.
Maybe that was the Internationals way of taking care of him since he was such a big AMFA supporter. They put him in charge of the group(s) that would go away if AMFA made it in, classic move...

When is it a good time? We have a contract. Negotiations are over. The industry is slowly heading in a positive direction. We are one now under the Association. No more two divided work forces. Now is the best time. The best reason is we were robbed of a representational vote as promised by both unions. Now is the best time and hopefully we can finally get that vote and let the members decide instead of the Association dictate to the members what's best for us. We are all grown up now and can make adult choices. I hope by next week or so we hear from the NMB.

Shouldn't be too much longer since the asso. never supplied any of the requested info per the NMB guidelines and regulations. However, I think I read where the investigator may re-contact the company to verify some of the info that AMFA Legal pointed out and brought up.
I was in hopes by end of April, but that would be today and I don't see that happening.

It'll get worse when the NMB calls for the election to go forward, just wait.
True.
Top of the list will be Northwest Airlines.
Then SWA farming out work.
Akaska airlines small airline no clout.
AMFA is broke.
No AFL-CIO affiliation.
No strength in numbers.
AMFA farms out jobs especially title 2.

After reading that last pdf file posted by chellow and did my best to understand most of it the Association just added numbers with no real proof or case files. AMFA attorneys countered every claim with facts and case files. Some even from past AA filings in favor of the TWU which they tried to counter their own past victories.
Dead people, retired people, management and if I recall correctly people with no record of being employed at AA ever. Somewhere along the line I must have missed that flare gun shot in the air by the Association. AMFA legal trumped the Association rookie wanna bees legal team consisting of the international reps. Now I hope the NMB does the right thing. Time to move forward. We have new management, new leadership, new direction, new logo, new aircraft so it's time for new union representation.

Just c
It's never the right time.
Why isn't it the right time?
No contract nego's being worked on. No elections for the officers or international positions (oops, they never have those elections never mind) company has agreed to "pause" the rebid so NOW is the "best time" for a vote. Nothing is now standing in the way except for the asso.

The Rep. stated that it wasn’t the time for a vote due to the fact that they have a team in place that knows and the negotiated the contract. My fear is that new hires will listen to that baloney.

Status
Not open for further replies.