AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just c

The Rep. stated that it wasn’t the time for a vote due to the fact that they have a team in place that knows and the negotiated the contract. My fear is that new hires will listen to that baloney.

CHELLOW;

No matter what the TWU/IAM ASSociation reps are saying you shouldn't have any Fear, I say that because it is UP to YOU and the rest of the membership to let the new hires know what has transpired in your time within the TWU. BY the reps. saying that it's not a good time because of our current negotiated contract, even with a change in representation the CONTRACT will remain in effect until it becomes amenable. From what I have heard the ASSociation is still working on this contracts Language and has filed grievances due to the company stating the language is ambiguous and the intent of the verbage was not as it is printed. There are some station throughout the system that still have some tasks that other stations Union Reps have let the company do away with. Such as Taxi/Tow.

This filing and ALL the supplied information that the Organizers have accumulated over the last 20 yrs in an attempt to Bring AMFA to AA is undisputable. The delay is just to insure there will not be any foolishness once a vote is determined by the NMB.

You guys know the games the TWU has played in the past and ALL the rhetoric they have attempted to spread saying AMFA is NOT the way to go.

Reactions: swamt
True.
Top of the list will be Northwest Airlines.
Then SWA farming out work.
Akaska airlines small airline no clout.
AMFA is broke.
No AFL-CIO affiliation.
No strength in numbers.
AMFA farms out jobs especially title 2.

After reading that last pdf file posted by chellow and did my best to understand most of it the Association just added numbers with no real proof or case files. AMFA attorneys countered every claim with facts and case files. Some even from past AA filings in favor of the TWU which they tried to counter their own past victories.
Dead people, retired people, management and if I recall correctly people with no record of being employed at AA ever. Somewhere along the line I must have missed that flare gun shot in the air by the Association. AMFA legal trumped the Association rookie wanna bees legal team consisting of the international reps. Now I hope the NMB does the right thing. Time to move forward. We have new management, new leadership, new direction, new logo, new aircraft so it's time for new union representation.
Nicely put, well said.

With a new month of May now started we should hear something this month.
This waiting period is killing me...

With a new month of May now started we should hear something this month.
This waiting period is killing me...
Actually it's going to kill the TWU, IAM and AFL-CIO bank accounts. Just wait for positive news from the NMB and those three entities will start a miss information campaign.

Actually it's going to kill the TWU, IAM and AFL-CIO bank accounts. Just wait for positive news from the NMB and those three entities will start a miss information campaign.
Good point, and good timing, LOL
Yes, the asso. and anti AMFA crowds will get louder when the election is announced to go forward. I am ready to celebrate it...

True.
Top of the list will be Northwest Airlines.
Then SWA farming out work.
Akaska airlines small airline no clout.
AMFA is broke.
No AFL-CIO affiliation.
No strength in numbers.
AMFA farms out jobs especially title 2.

After reading that last pdf file posted by chellow and did my best to understand most of it the Association just added numbers with no real proof or case files. AMFA attorneys countered every claim with facts and case files. Some even from past AA filings in favor of the TWU which they tried to counter their own past victories.
Dead people, retired people, management and if I recall correctly people with no record of being employed at AA ever. Somewhere along the line I must have missed that flare gun shot in the air by the Association. AMFA legal trumped the Association rookie wanna bees legal team consisting of the international reps. Now I hope the NMB does the right thing. Time to move forward. We have new management, new leadership, new direction, new logo, new aircraft so it's time for new union representation.

I have to say I am NOT in favor of selling scope language so the company can use contractors in order for us to get a pay raise. We shouldn't have to give things up to get something. I sure hope that's not the general thought process of being ok.

I understand SWA has always (before AMFA) ran very thin on AC Maint and made a sizable amount of more pay. As we have seen, all it takes is the company dragging their feet for years and that lead in pay is lost and they have a lot of outsourcing language.

Last edited:
I have to say I am NOT in favor of selling scope language so the company can use contractors in order for us to get a pay raise. We shouldn't have to give things up to get something. I sure hope that's not the general thought process of being ok.

I understand SWA has always (before AMFA) ran very thin on AC Maint and made a sizable amount of more pay. As we have seen, all it takes is the company dragging their feet for years and that lead in pay is lost and they have a lot of outsourcing language.
Remember our negotiations involved an all for one and one for all process. We really were not separate. A fleet service clerk sat in for Aircraft Maintenance and facilities/Automotive members. Hopefully with AMFA we can focus on title 1 and title 2 issues in negotiations without any concerns from fleet. We just need to wait from the NMB then if all goes well we vote ourselves a class and craft union to represent us only.

Taking to a lot of people on the floor. Not to many people seem to believe there will ever be a vote. The longer it takes the more people will feel this way. Seems like we have done this before.
Let me state again. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. unless I miss something I hope I am allowed to state my opinion WITHOUT getting attacked every time.
Unfortunately most of the membership cares when its contract time or of it directly affects them. We have a contract and people are gat dumb and happy. Until the next contract

Reactions: Rogallo and swamt

Then don't. Keep your language as is. The membership will have their say so over what IS and IS NOT nego for at the table when AMFA is the representational entity.
There will be no deal making behind closed doors any longer. Everything will be fully transparent and you guys will know exactly what is passed back and forth across the table to each side. by the "observers" as well as the way AMFA leadership will update the membership with live updates thru-out nego's will keep the company on their toes as they too will see the membership being updated to each and everything the company passes across that table to the union and vise-versa. The games your company use to play will come to a quick halt when it's revealed what they offer to the folks on the floor, instead of swearing the nego team to complete secrecy, AMFA won't do it, period.

Lead in pay was not lost, but yes, delayed. Dragging out nego's is practically imposible to stop with the regulations we have to follow in nego's. However, our membership stayed strong and united and prevailed the waiting game in the end with full back pay, retro, and bonuses that exceeded all original numbers that the union membership was willing to accept. In other words they (co) paid for playing their little games in the long run.
Also remember please that all the outsourcing at our airline has been the %'s they are since day one when the IAM was here and started the first contract here, then the teamsters took over from them and even made it worse than the IAM. Now with AMFA, sure the %'s are approx the same but, at least AMFA is the only representational entity that has steadily increased in house heavy maint (more than doubled that), increased back shops work, line ron, hgr ron, and over night maint. etc... And more than doubled the headcount since AMFA first took over.
Our airline and your airline cannot be compared to when it comes to headcount. 2 total different ran and styled companies with very, very different fleets and sizes.

Remember our negotiations involved an all for one and one for all process. We really were not separate. A fleet service clerk sat in for Aircraft Maintenance and facilities/Automotive members. Hopefully with AMFA we can focus on title 1 and title 2 issues in negotiations without any concerns from fleet. We just need to wait from the NMB then if all goes well we vote ourselves a class and craft union to represent us only.
It will get much, much better as far as being focused on T1 and T2 mechanics. The difference will be night and day. No more waiting for 12 other groups to get thru YOUR groups nego's. I still remember being some what overwhelmed of how much effort has to come out of the membership as a whole with AMFA since the membership controls what all goes on within the union always.

Taking to a lot of people on the floor. Not to many people seem to believe there will ever be a vote. The longer it takes the more people will feel this way. Seems like we have done this before.
Let me state again. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. unless I miss something I hope I am allowed to state my opinion WITHOUT getting attacked every time.
I am confident that you and others will be pleasantly surprised when the NMB announces a vote moving forward. As far as I am concerned the TWU/IAM/Asso has not proven, nor did they present, as the NMB requested them to, the additions or the "EVIDENCE and PROOF" of why the additions should be added. On top of that AMFA way, way over proved with past cases, evidence, and proof why the additions do not belong to the mechanic and related class and craft, and they also provided proof that the company was trying to add managers, sups, and even deceased and no longer employed individuals.
This IS the time folks, get ready, get prepared, it is coming IMO. Just have to wait on the NMB to do their due diligence and investigate everything thrown at them. This is how the TWU/IAM/Asso has to fight it, they just throw anything and everything out there at them so they are bombarded with overwhelming request to stretch it out in hopes of a few of them sticking to the wall. I don't think this investigator is going to get duped by the industrial unions like others have in the past.

Stay positive folks as this was an overwhelming collection of cards and the TWU/IAM/Asso is scared to death of a vote as they know they will be toast of representing their last mechanic and related airline group in aviation industry, kick'em to the curb folks...

Unfortunately most of the membership cares when its contract time or of it directly affects them. We have a contract and people are gat dumb and happy. Until the next contract
It's been a while.....but....

Stupid.jpg

Reactions: swamt and dfw gen
Your
Your are talking to the wrong people. This NMB investigator is being very thorough. All protests and counter protests need to be fully investigated. If you read the pdf file from AMFA that Chellow posted you can see the Association threw out plenty of false and unsubstantiated claims that needed to be addressed. AMFA legal with the help of others did a great job countering every claim the Association put out. You need to read it and see how desperate the Association is. The NMB investigator asked the company for additional information to back up or discredit the claims of both AMFA and the Association. You need to read it (PDF) and go back several pages on this topic to get caught up so you won't ask or express your opinion when in fact many events already were talked and settled as time moved forward.
Also remember that Covid-19 slowed things down a bit. NMB investigators working from home, long wait times to get access to information and past cases since much of the information is in Washington DC and access in DC was limited.
This filing involved two unions with different work ethics and job descriptions. They all have to be sorted out and be determined who or which groups are in and out. I seriously believe that no one really knows the outcome for sure but the information the Association countered with is not credible and the AMFA legal team concluded that. Now we wait for the final summary and decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.