AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren’t bound by the twu constitution. A decertified unions constitution is neither h ere nor there. Try recalling one of them. In the twu constitution there is or was (haven’t looked in quite some time) recall procedures of local officers. No procedure to recall anything in the ASS constitution. Maybe this is how they got by being organizers the last drive.
Scorpion 2;

Granted there is an ASSociation Constitution, but both the IAM and TWU are still running as separate entities in a way. The TWU just had it's convention am I correct? Aren't things being done at stations around the system dependent on the larger represented group? So are you telling me that if any TWU Prez. came out and supported the AMFA Card drive the TWU Intl. would not find a way to remove them? They could not outright do that and you KNOW it.

The IAM is still collecting dues as well as the TWU, There is no real structure to the ASSociation. It's just like a shell corp. It is a TRICK F$@k and the M&R members are the ones paying the price.

Reactions: swamt
If the IAM were to try a clean sweep of all title groups
If the IAM were to try a clean sweep of all title groups or another union decides to organize fleet and IAM takes amt’s how would the NMB or the twu decide who goes with who? It’s obvious the chess pieces are moved to favor the aflcio affiliate union but in a drive that includes both groups fleet and Amt’s the NMB can’t include deicers and turd truck drivers on both lists.

well maybe they can

Scorpion 2;

Granted there is an ASSociation Constitution, but both the IAM and TWU are still running as separate entities in a way. The TWU just had it's convention am I correct? Aren't things being done at stations around the system dependent on the larger represented group? So are you telling me that if any TWU Prez. came out and supported the AMFA Card drive the TWU Intl. would not find a way to remove them? They could not outright do that and you KNOW it.

The IAM is still collecting dues as well as the TWU, There is no real structure to the ASSociation. It's just like a shell corp. It is a TRICK F$@k and the M&R members are the ones paying the price.
I can’t wrap my head around it either. How can an organization that has been decertified receive our dues. It would be the same as AMFA winning the election and giving the dues back to the twu. How is any of this legal? Yes the ex twu local presidents went to convention and even had a list of agenda items they wanted to bring up. Why is it they didn’t present them? Was it because they couldn’t? Just because they went to convention doesn’t mean squat.

I can’t wrap my head around it either. How can an organization that has been decertified receive our dues. It would be the same as AMFA winning the election and giving the dues back to the twu. How is any of this legal? Yes the ex twu local presidents went to convention and even had a list of agenda items they wanted to bring up. Why is it they didn’t present them? Was it because they couldn’t? Just because they went to convention doesn’t mean squat.
Scorpion 2;

You are correct they went to the convention, and it ALL means squat. They are spending your dues money as they see fit. There are people on here who believe it is OK for that to Happen but question what AMFA spends its money on. The IAM/TWU were decertified at AA and the ASSociation was put in its place. Why do you pay dues to the TWU or IAM when they really don't exist within AA the Association is the representing Union of record. The NMB and the AFL-CIO pulled strings to place the de-icers, Simulator Techs and Tow crew members into M&R. AA as well put a BID in place which allowed it to Happen. There are members of AMFA that are represented by them which NO LONGER are here at AA. Just as Little asked the IBT to run a Card drive yrs ago to dilute AMFA's card drive and even filed without really having all the supporting documentation to get a VOTE.

It is all about the DUES. You KNOW that.. The members of M&R just want a vote, the result of that vote will be the choice the M&R members.

Any thing the fleet service service members here say Means squat as well. They need the M&R members if they didn't they wouldn't put up so much of a fight to keep M&R part of the IAM/TWU. Pilots, F/A, Gate agents all have their own representation but the fleet guys say NOTHING about that. WHY?

If ALL Union members supported one another no matter which union they belong to each would have the power of ONE as it was many yrs ago.

weasles can read? you have read the letter from the twu and then the rebuttal from the iam? and you still stand behind them? you obviously cant fix stupid, it just cant be taught or coached you either have the natural talent or you dont. and you are extremely talented. probably top draft pick at the imbeciles ball.

I’m absolutely seriously totally and completely only here to mess with AMFA supporters. Now that we have our Contracts I could care less about all the crap you guys very weirdly focus on. I’m just getting a laugh here at certain people’s expense.

I’m absolutely seriously totally and completely only here to mess with AMFA supporters. Now that we have our Contracts I could care less about all the crap you guys very weirdly focus on. I’m just getting a laugh here at certain people’s expense.

Personally I think your on ashore. But hey enjoy cruising in your make believe muscle mustang ......

That would be wishful thinking on your part due to their oath and the constitution of the TWU, they would be considered negligent in their duties and they could be removed for cause. Gary at one point in the Past was an AMFA supporter before he drank the kool aid. You will see in the future just what the TWU does or forces them to do to combat the NEW AMFA CARD DRIVE.

Just like the TWU's goal is to keep your dues and do little to support You, These three (3) will do everything they can to keep the stipend money they are being paid for the positions held in the Locals. Hoping to get to where Peterson is with a Intl. slot. with ALL It's benefits, and Money.
When the Association was formed, the TWU and the IAM were both decertified, and the Association constitution looks like it was written on a napkin in a bar somewhere. I don't believe it says that one can't raid the other, the AFL-CIO might not like it, but they damn sure aren't going to give up their piece of the pie, if one was to raid the other. And Dale Danker and the other two Local Presidents have proven that they have no moral standards, and the IAM is making some serious accusations against them, so I don't know why they wouldn't help.

Reactions: swamt and dfw gen
Dave said only among us Mechanics. He thinks we might have a few screws loose. Don’t blame me for what Dave said, take it up with him. Dave is a pretty “wise guy” though.
And finally the truth comes out. I told you from the get go there was infighting and control issues at the forefront from within this asso. and now your are hearing it from the horses mouths FROM BOTH SIDES!!! This asso will NEVER be able to represent their members in a balanced and professional manner, period. And NOW both sides are fighting it out publicly and in writing. You just can't make this shite up...

Happy reading weesal!!!

Reactions: BeechDriver
When the Association was formed, the TWU and the IAM were both decertified, and the Association constitution looks like it was written on a napkin in a bar somewhere. I don't believe it says that one can't raid the other, the AFL-CIO might not like it, but they damn sure aren't going to give up their piece of the pie, if one was to raid the other. And Dale Danker and the other two Local Presidents have proven that they have no moral standards, and the IAM is making some serious accusations against them, so I don't know why they wouldn't help.

Do you listen to Lawrence Welk? You have to admire the popularity here :) 8 votes.

A874C62A-58C0-4F2D-ABBB-268170B4DE52.jpeg

If the IAM were to try a clean sweep of all title groups or another union decides to organize fleet and IAM takes amt’s how would the NMB or the twu decide who goes with who? It’s obvious the chess pieces are moved to favor the aflcio affiliate union but in a drive that includes both groups fleet and Amt’s the NMB can’t include deicers and turd truck drivers on both lists.

well maybe they can
I was thinking the same scorp. They would not add to the list and the write in would prevail over a TWU or an IAM card drive, and that would be fantastic to watch. TWU and IAM fighting each other to death in a card drive against one another and then AMFA prevails the winner with the write-in option winning. LMAO!!!

They didn't do anything but waste dues members money on partying, eating and drinking and getting absolutely NOTHING done for the membership at all, pathetic...

Status
Not open for further replies.