AMR Said Ready to Study Sale Among Options in Bankruptcy

Did Horton ask Worldtraveler about this? LMFAO :lol:
see I knew there were people tripping over the IF statement that I have consistently said:

AA intends to emerge as an independent standalone company but

IF US pushed a merger scenario, then AA would be forced to consider all scenarios.

And as has been noted above, it is not at all certain that in a competitive bidding scenario that AA would emerge as the winner of AA's hand.

AA is acting to "demonstrate" to labor that it is willing to consider the possibility of mergers - but the announcement doesn't really change that they are moving forward on a standalone plan, which is still how I expect AA to emerge.

Separate issues. There's no way anyone would take AA with the current workrules.

Well our workrules are nothing to crow about and the Pilots and FAs both testified they were willing to address the areas of their agreements where they may be out of line with the industry as well, what they would not agree to were the excessive demands that were in addition to those areas.The company was acting as if filing meant they could grab everything they want. AA said they had an $800 million dollar cost disadvantage yet demanded $1.25 billion.

In our case (M&R) the only things we had were the Pension, retiree medical and scope thats no different than what most other carriers have, the difference is the level of work at the point the lock ins were put in place. The Pension and retiree medical, both forms of deferred compensation were more than paid for by our much inferior Vacation accruals, Holidays, Sick time, expensive medical and substandard OT rules.

Thats why AA is pulling out all the stops to get the guys to accept the LBO and avoid court, because they know they reached too far.

Should be a wild weekend boys and girls, probably hit its peak Monday. I hear Ballott Point gives the client the ability to monitor how many votes have been cast at any point in time. Not how people are voting, just volume. Expect to see more and more outrageous threats of doom and gloom the closer we get to the final hour.

Reactions: 1 person
There is no way that the current management team will be able to lead AA post bankruptcy. They have lost the trust of every employee. If this company does not merge with another carrier and actually attempts to make it as a stand alone carrier, it will have to do it with new management if it is going to have a chance in Hades of succeeding.

Well our workrules are nothing to crow about and the Pilots and FAs both testified they were willing to address the areas of their agreements where they may be out of line with the industry as well, what they would not agree to were the excessive demands that were in addition to those areas.The company was acting as if filing meant they could grab everything they want. AA said they had an $800 million dollar cost disadvantage yet demanded $1.25 billion.
The company claimed that its labor cost disadvantage was $800 million measured against the average labor costs of the competition, and AA is seeking $990 million from organized labor. The other $260 million comes from management, support staff and agents. As far as I know, there is nothing in 1113 that limits debtors' wage reduction demands to the industry average.

The company claimed that its labor cost disadvantage was $800 million measured against the average labor costs of the competition, and AA is seeking $990 million from organized labor. The other $260 million comes from management, support staff and agents. As far as I know, there is nothing in 1113 that limits debtors' wage reduction demands to the industry average.

Yes and most our competitors have given their employees raises and added workers so that should make the disadvantage smaller, not bigger.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ee2ab258-9bb2-11e1-b03e-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=published_links2Fcompanies_us2F%2Fproduct#axzz1ubiCc6u2

And here comes the Red Coats.. ( BA ) . King Willie Walch, may knight Sir. Carl Icahn to buy up AMR. Crazier things can happen, so hold onto your jock strap.

The company claimed that its labor cost disadvantage was $800 million measured against the average labor costs of the competition,

And in there lies the problem. If the TWU labor cost were broken down by Title group, the mechanics would be "ablogated" to a smaller percentage of the ask for labor.
The mechanics are at the bottom of their pay scale and the other groups are not. The TWU could've smoked this yes vote but they were to busy protecting the other groups. Jobs for Dollars.

Separate issues. There's no way anyone would take AA with the current workrules.

E,

FYI, from one pilot's perspective, even Doug Parkers deal involves swallowing a mouthful of vomit to agree to it. It is truly concessionary and below of what UAL and DAL will probably settle out at. It is better than Horton's offer which is vomit for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as living in the basement of a Turkish prison for the next decade. The idiots are admitting they can't cover the schedule with a simple medical plan change. How they going to cover it when Asian carriers are offering $75K-$100K more a year than AA is willing to pay, another TRO?

I can't speak for the other AA union groups where their deal will end up on a comparitive basis.

E,

FYI, from one pilot's perspective, even Doug Parkers deal involves swallowing a mouthful of vomit to agree to it. It is truly concessionary and below of what UAL and DAL will probably settle out at. It is better than Horton's offer which is vomit for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as living in the basement of a Turkish prison for the next decade. The idiots are admitting they can't cover the schedule with a simple medical plan change. How they going to cover it when Asian carriers are offering $75K-$100K more a year than AA is willing to pay, another TRO?

I can't speak for the other AA union groups where their deal will end up on a comparitive basis.

Having been living in this Turkish Prison Basement I hope we are standing in front of the Judge with you guys.

Next time you guys have a demonstration give us some heads up.

Reactions: 2 people
Having been living in this Turkish Prison Basement I hope we are standing in front of the Judge with you guys.

Next time you guys have a demonstration give us some heads up.
I don't think any TWu member would be welcome with those who continue the fight because of what Jim Little's actions as a sellout coward have done to TWu members...again. He made the TWu even more of a industry pariah than ever before.

I wanted to participate in the festivities today, but as a TWu captive, and the embarrasment that has again been forced upon us, I would be ashamed to be in the APA/APFA presence at this time.

Hopefully this sickening feeling will go away when we shoot this POS TWu sellout down!!!

....and then drop the TWu like a bad habit.

VOTE NO!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
see I knew there were people tripping over the IF statement that I have consistently said:

AA intends to emerge as an independent standalone company but

IF US pushed a merger scenario, then AA would be forced to consider all scenarios.

And as has been noted above, it is not at all certain that in a competitive bidding scenario that AA would emerge as the winner of AA's hand.

AA is acting to "demonstrate" to labor that it is willing to consider the possibility of mergers - but the announcement doesn't really change that they are moving forward on a standalone plan, which is still how I expect AA to emerge.

You are way off. There is zero chance AA will exit bankruptcy a stand alone airline.

Should be a wild weekend boys and girls, probably hit its peak Monday. I hear Ballott Point gives the client the ability to monitor how many votes have been cast at any point in time. Not how people are voting, just volume. Expect to see more and more outrageous threats of doom and gloom the closer we get to the final hour.

Best I can tell, everytime management opens their mouths trying to sell this crap I hear more coworkers that were on the fence moving to a NO VOTE.

I say, go ahead and talk and fear all weekend Mr. Company Man, because on this one, they are the best at getting folks to vote NO.

When their own local union claims to not be taking a stand on the LBO, and the company along with a parade chamber of commerce representatives are advocating YES, well the fence sitters are running to the NO side eveytime.

So Have At It....Mr. AA Company Man... You are all doing just great!!!

Reactions: 2 people

Latest posts