Here Comes the 'term sheet"

ord78

Jan 16, 2008
So the process begins and our company goes on life support....i give it a year or so before the dirt is thrown on the coffin

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-03-21/amr-said-to-ready-bankruptcy-court-bid-to-dump-contracts.html

Yep, if they get the "term sheet", it will only be a matter of time before the place folds up.

Yep. just like they folded up at UA, NW, DL, and US.

Oh, wait. Those employees continued to show up to work, and that was with low unemployment.

Seriously, it's been 7 weeks since the term sheets were released, which is around twice as long as you had in 2003, no?...

Just how long did you really expect the company to sit around waiting before they decided to moved on without the unions?

I think we won the race to the bottom of all Aircraft Mechanic's pay and benefit's in the US. Thanks AA,TWU...

Just how long did you really expect the company to sit around waiting before they decided to moved on without the unions?
I didn't expect them to sit around at all. Just for once, I expected them to negotiate in good faith. "This is what I want and you have to give it to me" is not negotiation. Your heroes at Centerport did basically the same thing in 2003, and we were assured that if they got it they would never have to ask for anything else because those terms would bring us to profitability.

Now, and I know that you and the other cheerleader will start whining about oil prices, and I'm shocked myself. Who would have ever thought that oil prices might change--especially not up? Who could ever plan for fuel prices going up? But, you know there are a lot of companies that use fuel--in fact, where fuel is a major part of their operating budget--that did NOT go into bankruptcy and screw over their employees to make up for their poor planning.

Oh, wait. Those employees continued to show up to work, and that was with low unemployment.

Seriously, it's been 7 weeks since the term sheets were released, which is around twice as long as you had in 2003, no?...

Hey,I`m merely communicating the feelings on the floor. Eric you seem to be an intelligent guy but you can`t resist taking a swipe at us huh? Yeah guys will continue to do their jobs for many reasons. If I make the cut I will continue to do mine. Now the over and above stuff? That will be history for most. Some though will continue to go above and beyond to the point of stupid. Case in point, this weeks storms. We had an MD80 and a 737 divert into AFW from DFW. Lightining horns going off, ramp closed yet still some boneheads went out to fuel these 2 airplanes. Now if they would have come to me and my crew for these diversions I`d tell them to pound sand. I`m not risking one single guy on my crew to fuel in a thunderstorm! So you are correct guys will still do the job under the term sheet. There is a big difference in just doing your job and going out and giving it 110%.

I`m surprised it has taken them this long to file the motion. In fact I had figured we would be under the new imposed terms by the end of March. As I understand it we will have that crammed down our throats 14-21 days after they file the 1113 motion.

I`m surprised it has taken them this long to file the motion. In fact I had figured we would be under the new imposed terms by the end of March. As I understand it we will have that crammed down our throats 14-21 days after they file the 1113 motion.

And that is this will all end..Unless, of course, Jim Little & Co. agree to something by the end of next week!

Please answer honestly.Why do you always cheer lead for the corporations What do you have against the working class? I believe it is eliteism. I will share a story about this type of elitism on my own family.
My sister like myself came from working class parents. I had some misguided notion about making my way using my hands expecting to be rewarded for that effort in the end with a little scratch from a pension to live out my last years; my sister chose the business world. Mom was a NYC teacher and pops an auto body mechanic. They paid for my sister's education in Columbia University; she then went on to Wharton. Little sis has forgotten where she came from and who nurtured her. She accepted the "boot strap" theory of rising to the top. In her version of this theory she jumped out of the womb on her own, made her way through parochial school on her own, private high school on her own Columbia and Wharton ON HER OWN. Never mind that her working class parents set her on this path and paid the tab. I watched her attitude change the more she advanced in the business world.In her mind if you are not clad in a Brooks Brothers suit (the preferred garb of the corporate criminal) working in finance, you are insignificant. She is dismissive of her nephews' desires to go to college and major in anything but business. Lately she has had a few set backs in the back stabbing shark infested waters of the business world. Time will tell if her attitude will change, but it is unlikey that will happen. I can see her shilling and defending the corporate plutocracy until the end.

It is funny how management sets certain rules but are the first to want others to break them. I ask in case of a fire alarm in the hangar during a lighting alert where my crew is to go. I was told to quit making trouble.

Hey,I`m merely communicating the feelings on the floor. Eric you seem to be an intelligent guy but you can`t resist taking a swipe at us huh? Yeah guys will continue to do their jobs for many reasons. If I make the cut I will continue to do mine. Now the over and above stuff?
I couldn't agree with this more. Eric does have the smarts, but he also has a touch of Josh in him. When he see's an opening, he does throw his jabs our way. At times he does seem to be the corporate Maestro. Both he and FWAAA can be very condescending at times which is the norm for Corporate America these days.

I think we won the race to the bottom of all Aircraft Mechanic's pay and benefit's in the US. Thanks AA,TWU...

Thanks to those who recommended a no vote. The AA MCTs voted yes on their TA and the company did not ask for their pay back. In fact, their term sheet shows a 1.5% raise each year of the modified agreement. We were told by many on this blog that nothing is guaranteed in BK court and boy were they right. In fact it's worse than we imagined. The TWU membership could potentially suffer the greatest job losses of all organized labor groups.

So by voting no what did we gain, and what did we lose?

I didn't expect them to sit around at all. Just for once, I expected them to negotiate in good faith. "This is what I want and you have to give it to me" is not negotiation. Your heroes at Centerport did basically the same thing in 2003, and we were assured that if they got it they would never have to ask for anything else because those terms would bring us to profitability.
If AA has not negotiated in good faith, as you and many others claim, then you have nothing to worry about; the company's motion to abrogate the contracts will be denied.

Latest posts

Back