amt changes

With increased flying over 5 years of 20% at places like JFK(lga-ewr)/mia/ord/lax/dfw AND Increased International flying, that things wont be so bad (minus the $$ and bennys of the BK shhhit) for the hardest working AA/AMT's.
You know, the ones who are turning wrenchs while freezing thier balls off in JFK/ORD !

Imagine the Culture shock of some TUL yokel who bumps into JFK !!
(well, for the first time in that dudes life, at least he'll get to eat REAL PIZZA) :p
Don't forget real bagels and bialys from the Bagel Boys. :D :D

After 25 years of chasing this s__t airline im over it, just give me the chance to retire early, dont wont no money just out, I have lived the American dream long enough, thank god im over 50................................

+
-

dude i hate to wish my life away, but im jealous! wish i was 50 hoped to keep flight benefits but ohh well. resume gets polished today.Thanx for the training AA it will look good on the resume!

As someone on the outside... wishing for flight benefits?... Trust me. Go into energy or one of the other fields sucking up people with a mechanic's skills, and you'll have the money to pay for tickets. Once you stop flying NRSA, you'll never go back.

BNSF is hiring locomotive mechanics "nationwide" which means anywhere except the Eastern time zone... Journeyman pay is approximately $25.10 per hour, apprentice pay rate is approximately $21.08 per hour. It won't replace an AA salary right away, but it's stable work, and for the guys at Alliance, it's just on the other side of the airport... Shops in Tulsa are a little further drive.

Noticeably absent from the list of employee groups listed, and how the cuts will affect them are Jim Littles old homies from Local 540. Wait, no - I know - they can feel our pain.

In my over 20years at American Airlines, I have never been so disiheartened by American Airlines. All that time given to be #### on. I use to be happy and proud to work at American Airlines. Now I'm just a bitter person. Almost over 10 years without a pay raise and all my other bills continue to go up. Years of hearing about cost cutting. Helping out in 2003, just to be #### on again! I wish I was younger and could start over some where else. But no I really don't have that choice. I could go on and on, . But in the end no one really gives a ####!!

Horton talked about 20% cost saving then why are we giving over 40% in cost saving, just doing away with the pensions and retire med. had to come close to achiveing that number. Yea are union may have been wrong on alot on things, but this proposal is a slap in the face to alot of good working people.

I guess AA canceled the 20/20 flight plan a place for Good people and a Good place to work! :(

At least there are some Good People still there!

A 40 cent a hour raise since 2008. American Airlines should be the one that is disheartened.

After 25 years of chasing this s__t airline im over it, just give me the chance to retire early, dont wont no money just out, I have lived the American dream long enough, thank god im over 50................................

+
-

dude i hate to wish my life away, but im jealous! wish i was 50 hoped to keep flight benefits but ohh well. resume gets polished today.Thanx for the training AA it will look good on the resume!

dfw gen,
As a reminder: Reminding the AFW/DFW AA mechanics; For you guys that will be effected by the lay-offs or the ones that choose not to relocate within the AA system and comute for work. Get your resumes in at SWA. For those of you that already know need to watch southwest.com every day. If or when our current senority agreement is passed, there are provisions in there to hire from April 2012 thru Dec. 2012 for the 4th line of maint. they may go into 2013 with the hiring. Also guys don't forget SWA more than likely will have to hire for the added airplanes and maint. that the AT buy-out will bring to us. Then in 2014 when the W/A goes away and we increase our overnighters 2-3 times at DAL SWA will need to hire some more. Sorry for all the bad news you guys are receiving. Good luck to all of you. We just had one of your TULE mechanics start here about a month or two ago. He came from Tulsa (I think) and packed up 16 years with AA to start over.

Couple of question for anyone at AA; I know the numbers AA just announced, 4600 mechanics, 4200 fleet--How many mechanics are at AA? And how many fleet employees? Was wondering what the percentage ratio worked out to be.

Couple of question for anyone at AA; I know the numbers AA just announced, 4600 mechanics, 4200 fleet--How many mechanics are at AA? And how many fleet employees? Was wondering what the percentage ratio worked out to be.

As of todays senority list for title I (mechanics, OSMs, Parts Washers and Aircraft Exterior Cleaners) the total is 9619. Total for Title III (Fleet Service) 10,706

In my over 20years at American Airlines, I have never been so disiheartened by American Airlines. All that time given to be #### on. I use to be happy and proud to work at American Airlines. Now I'm just a bitter person. Almost over 10 years without a pay raise and all my other bills continue to go up. Years of hearing about cost cutting. Helping out in 2003, just to be #### on again! I wish I was younger and could start over some where else. But no I really don't have that choice. I could go on and on, . But in the end no one really gives a ####!!

Horton talked about 20% cost saving then why are we giving over 40% in cost saving, just doing away with the pensions and retire med. had to come close to achiveing that number. Yea are union may have been wrong on alot on things, but this proposal is a slap in the face to alot of good working people.

I guess AA canceled the 20/20 flight plan a place for Good people and a Good place to work! :(

At least there are some Good People still there!

A 40 cent a hour raise since 2008. American Airlines should be the one that is disheartened.

Seriously, even the mechanics that get to stay are getting screwed. A 40 cent pay raise, for how many years before? A retirement plan that is gone, and a 401K plan that nobody can afford to contribute much to. Oh yeah, that is if your not a OSM in the future.

Personally, I think the communities surrounding the Alliance area should be P****d off. Oh the lawyers that made the change recommendations probably don't live in one of those areas that will be affected, but people that travel do. Just saying.

As of todays senority list for title I (mechanics, OSMs, Parts Washers and Aircraft Exterior Cleaners) the total is 9619. Total for Title III (Fleet Service) 10,706

Holy crap!! That's roughly 50% mechanics!! Never heard of such a large number from the other airlines restructuring, at least don't remember. Where does AA plan on doing all this work that 1/2 the work force is doing now? And how far out are they planning to have all this done by? This year? I did not know it was looking that bad. Thought you guys had over 12-15K mechanics. Had no idea you are actually at under 10K. One more question, at 4600, what kind of senority date does this hit, or at least what kind of senority do you need to have in order to be the last one on the list when this is all said and done? God help you brothers.

Holy crap!! That's roughly 50% mechanics!! Never heard of such a large number from the other airlines restructuring, at least don't remember. Where does AA plan on doing all this work that 1/2 the work force is doing now? And how far out are they planning to have all this done by? This year? I did not know it was looking that bad. Thought you guys had over 12-15K mechanics. Had no idea you are actually at under 10K. One more question, at 4600, what kind of senority date does this hit, or at least what kind of senority do you need to have in order to be the last one on the list when this is all said and done? God help you brothers.
I`m Feb. of 1991 and have just over 5000 below me on the list. The base shutdown and lay offs are bad enough. However the changes in sick,vacation,retirement among other things really makes me sick to my stomach

I think the 4600 total also includes Title II, which is Plant Maint, Building Cleaners, Cabin Cleaners, Automotive. So to figure out a senority date for the last Title I person is kinda hard to figure out without knowing if in fact the 4600 includes Title II.

I think the 4600 total also includes Title II, which is Plant Maint, Building Cleaners, Cabin Cleaners, Automotive. So to figure out a senority date for the last Title I person is kinda hard to figure out without knowing if in fact the 4600 includes Title II.
Yes, however will Title II have Cross Utilization rights across Titles?

Latest posts