amt changes

Guys just keep in mind the company has said that this is their 1113 postion if no agreement can be reached and since that is the case they had to ask for anything they could possibly want in this offer to protect their postion in front of the judge, should it get that far. and to answer swamt question the company postion is it could take 12 to 18 months to get all the layoffs done. the general feeling is that they are asking for all this outsourcing but have not yet even lined up contracts to get all the work done.

as of yesterday ther were

9600 title 1

2000 title 2

these make up the M&R group so it would be 4300 from here.

What would be the incentive for staying employed at AA with these concessions? A guy with 25 years seniority will be on midnight shift tue wed off and work holidays.

What would be the incentive for staying employed at AA with these concessions? A guy with 25 years seniority will be on midnight shift tue wed off and work holidays.

You need to get a grip if they took out 3000 title 1 that would take us back to 10/96 seniority a guy with 25 years would still be on days with good days off lets stick to reality please.

As far as I can tell the company stated the AFW closing will take 12-18 month to complete.
Nothing was stated about a TUL time frame.
As far as how far this might ultimately go to ,seniority wise if implemented, we have no idea .
We know the numbers for AFW and TUL .
It will really depend what those affected at these stations decide to do (bump,etc..) to determine the final look of the seniority list.

As far as I can tell the company stated the AFW closing will take 12-18 month to complete.
As far as how far this might ultimately go to ,seniority wise if implemented, we have no idea .
It will really depend what those affected at these stations decide to do (bump,etc..) to determine the final look of the seniority list.
Those wanting to retire have swamped HR so badly that an avionics crewchief on 1C with 42 years can't even begin his retirement process paperwork.

You are correct that is why I chose 3000 and that is probaly still high as to where the cuts go back too.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/02/take-a-look-at-american-airlin.html

Wow.....wow. That is a lot to swallow if you are a pilot. Pay rates are not bad, I know pilots carry unusual responsibilities, but still good pay. But some of that sick requirements is kind of like treating a pilot like a child. More importantly, not sure if I want my planes flown by guys pressured to go to work sick because they have gone beyond 36hrs for the year. Ouch.....

Not sure i like the changing of philosophy to outsource maintenance, and not keep in house. Always thought that doing all of their maintenance, and in fact doing it for some other companies like FedEx, was point of pride for AA. Service, innovation in services and pride was what I always thought of when I though of American. Now, I'm not sure what I would associate with AA. As a loyal AA customer, I'm afraid of what this means.

Bottom line, I still say TPG should come in with Crandall.....maybe you all hated him, but damn, he at least knew how to run an airline that made money. Bet him and TPG could build a great management team and at least for all of the suffering, you guys would know you were at least in good hands.

Let me say it again.........WOW.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757 Love