AMT Teamsters Drive

UPS has bad scope language they farm their heavy out.
AA is only required to keep the majority 50%+1 of the work in house, but nothing in the agreement requires them to keep the present volume of work. ;)

The reason the work remains in-house is because cost advantage this contract gives and the high quality of work greatly reduces the re-work that those who outsource are seeing.

AA's fleet is too large for a 3rd party to handle ALL Heavy C's.It could be possible in the future if someone builds a huge MRO facility just across the border in Mexico.
Another theory of mine.AA management will keep threatning to farm out Heavy C checks but would never do it.The TOP HEAVY Management team at TULE is too interested in self- preservation.[So much that they are willing to MISREPRESENT facts about the pulse line project at TULE]
AA management is too power hungry to farm out the HVY C's to some 3rd party outfit which would require AA management to relinquish too much control.
They have shopped around and have found out they are getting a BARGAIN with the current workforce and overhaul operation.
I do foretell that AA management will put out scare tactics if it looks like they might lose THEIR UNION[TWU].

You're probably right that TULE would never suggest farming it out on their own, but that's not to say that Boston, Accenture, Bain, Deloitte, or Mercer (all major consulting firms who have at one time or another been involved with making recommendations to senior management) won't eventually sell Gerard, Bob Reding and Tom Horton on the idea.

As much as I detest consultants, self-preservation doesn't usually enter into their recommendations, which is why corporations tend to put more weight into what they suggest than what the internal staff would propose or even use to counter their arguments.

<_< ---- There are rummors floating arround that aa may have picked up a Contact to do UPS Heavy Checks! Has anyone else heard anything about this? Or is it just more BS??? ;)

<_< ---- Hey AMFAMAN! What took you so long? This MCI whinner signed one last week!!! :shock:
:up: :up: :up:

<_< ---- There are rummors floating arround that aa may have picked up a Contact to do UPS Heavy Checks! Has anyone else heard anything about this? Or is it just more BS??? ;)
Other than the RB's being done by TAESL, that's the first I heard of it. As I've been told from those in the know, management refuses to sign any long term agreement for contract maintenance. So outside of the piece-meal work been thrown at us, don't expect anything else at this point. Perfect example would be a UPS or even Delta's 767, but they are not going to contract their work to an outfit that refuses to sign long-term deals.

There has been something in the works for sure.

Carmine was meeting with UPS last week.

No word yet on deal or no deal to date.

I wonder what will happen to (twu) local 100(NY subway), if AA members DISCHARGE the FECES called the twu ???

Good Luck everyone !!

I can't sign a card(retired), but I'm with you in spirit, to all who sign a IBT card.

This PLAGUE/DISEASE called twu has been ALLOWED to exist far too long !!

NH/BB's

I wonder what will happen to (twu) local 100(NY subway), if AA members DISCHARGE the FECES called the twu ???
Good Luck everyone !!

I can't sign a card(retired), but I'm with you in spirit, to all who sign a IBT card.

This PLAGUE/DISEASE called twu has been ALLOWED to exist far too long !!
NH/BB's

What do you mean by: I can't sign a card(retired)? The NMB allowed dead,fired and retired people to sign cards in our AMFA drive efforts.

There has been something in the works for sure.

Carmine was meeting with UPS last week.

No word yet on deal or no deal to date.
<_< --- From what I've heard, this could be a big one for all three Overheal bases! But could also be just wishful thinking! I guess time will tell! Years ago TWA had a contract to overheal UPS's 747's here at MCI! (Before my time at MCI!)

Back on topic.I hope that TULE can get a major IBT card drive going.I have a "glimmer" of hope that someday the majority of people at TULE will be done with the TWU.[Hopefully sooner than later]
Please keep this thread on topic.I even veered off briefly myself.Don't let the TWU loyalists hijack this thread!

How's this for back on topic......

Are you freakin' kidding me?? :shock: :shock: :shock: The Teamsters are not going to authorize a raid on the TWU. The two organizations get along and respect each other. But, prove me wrong. Show me a letter (a ligitimate letter that is) from any official from the IBT International saying they have authorized an organizing drive at AA among mechanic and related, or will file the cards with the NMB if they receive them. That link Amfaman put up is as generic as all get out. Anyone could have come up with that crap. It's a card. Big deal!! Hackman, Princess, Informer, Amfaman, anyone...anyone???? The burden of proof falls on you.

As for SWA, I agree the reason those rates lead the passenger industry are the Teamster negotiated agreements. But, almost every work group at SWA, including the TWU represented FAs and fleet clerks leads the industry, probably because SWA makes more money than anyone else. It ain't rocket science folks. In the case of mechanic and related, though, as everyone knows, SWA outsources 80 percent of its heavy maintenance. :angry:

I wish y'all well with this, and hope you get 50% + 1 this time around for no other reason so we can put to death the endless bitching over the TWU by the mechanics...

They'll just find someting else to b*tch about! That's what they do best. It's the "Blame Game"!!! :up: Haven't you heard of it??? ;)

Bill said:
The Teamsters are not going to authorize a raid on the TWU. The two organizations get along and respect each other.

Bill, I think there's a slight difference between organizing a raid on another union, and responding to a grass-roots effort.

If the IBT were to receive 10,000 cards, whatever respect they have for the TWU probably won't sway their decision to act.

Plus, the IBT has walked out on the AFL-CIO, so that isn't a concern.

E

Back