Another Sign High Yeild Fllyers are leaving

Singleflyer

Senior
Mar 27, 2003
I have been hearing romurs that the planes at US are getting cleaner, and there seems to be little pen marks on the leather FC seats. I don't know for sure since I have not flown US since April.

I have been flying NW alot, and on the new 175s the seats in FC are grey leather. And low and behold, they have pen marks on the seat backs, just like on US.

Maybe US not cleaning the seats as the rumor stated, the seat artist just moved his/her business over to NW and showing off their talent there.

BTW, on the flight last night (MHT-MSP) we had a good meal in 1st served on china with glassware. Maybe if US ordered the 170s with FC seating my business might still be with US.

Another high yield trip went to UA recently from me (as have all my transcons this year to the Western states).

I had to get from PHL to SEA. US' ONE flight a day, in the evening didn't cut it. Even with the Envoy seating that's apparently on those 757's flying that route this month. I needed to leave and arrive in the AM.

If US' service levels were up to what it was just a few years ago I'd have considered taking a connection to get there. Instead UA got my "B" fare ($1300) and gave me an upgrade to intl. biz class seating on the 777 from ORD to SEA. 55" pitch seats that were not torn up and worked, as well as PTV that were not scratched or in need of a good 409 rubdown. To be fair, this is a rare occassion getting a widebody on a domestic UA route and the plane continued to NRT from SEA. But I've also flown their F service on A319/320 and 757s. They don't skip a beat and the service is consistent and solid.

It reminded me on the golden days (i.e. 2000-2003) on USAirways. Linens, glassware, silverware (including knives), pleasant F/As, etc. etc. etc.

Oh - the upgrade was courtesy of miles that were banked into my UA MP account by flying a few RJ routes in the NE on USX for a few months. Thanks US! A bigger Thanks! to UA, though....

Another high yield trip went to UA recently from me (as have all my transcons this year to the Western states).

I had to get from PHL to SEA. US' ONE flight a day, in the evening didn't cut it. Even with the Envoy seating that's apparently on those 757's flying that route this month. I needed to leave and arrive in the AM.

If US' service levels were up to what it was just a few years ago I'd have considered taking a connection to get there. Instead UA got my "B" fare ($1300) and gave me an upgrade to intl. biz class seating on the 777 from ORD to SEA. 55" pitch seats that were not torn up and worked, as well as PTV that were not scratched or in need of a good 409 rubdown. To be fair, this is a rare occassion getting a widebody on a domestic UA route and the plane continued to NRT from SEA. But I've also flown their F service on A319/320 and 757s. They don't skip a beat and the service is consistent and solid.

It reminded me on the golden days (i.e. 2000-2003) on USAirways. Linens, glassware, silverware (including knives), pleasant F/As, etc. etc. etc.

Oh - the upgrade was courtesy of miles that were banked into my UA MP account by flying a few RJ routes in the NE on USX for a few months. Thanks US! A bigger Thanks! to UA, though....

Then please go to the UA board and post there......... Man, for those that don't even work at US and who proclaim their hatred for US, sure spend a whole lot of time on the US board......

Then please go to the UA board and post there......... Man, for those that don't even work at US and who proclaim their hatred for US, sure spend a whole lot of time on the US board......

I saw no hatred. I did see a comparison of how a real airline works vs a joke. The person even offered something US can do to get his business.

If your attitude represents a majority of US, I would say US is doomed.

PB used to say that when your passengers quit complaining, an alert company would know that something is wrong.

I say that when the company quits listening to complaints, the complainers eventually go quiet, because they go away.

Hey - I still post here because I live in PHL - and if US had decent and reliable service I'd fly them for the convenience of all the direct flights out of PHL. But - because of the joke US has become I moved all of my flying to UA this year and the difference in service is like night and day. It is really sad that US has fallen so far, and doesn't seem to care or to be able to do anything about it. It also is just amazing to me that some people on this board defend US and the service they provide. I just can't sit and not respond to those kool aid drinking folks, so I post on this board.

I won't even fly on free tickets on US anymore to Europe from PHL because the service is so awful.

If I want to post my rants, raves and complaints to this board - I am certainly free to do so. You certainly, are free as well not to read them if you choose.

I have been hearing romurs that the planes at US are getting cleaner, and there seems to be little pen marks on the leather FC seats. I don't know for sure since I have not flown US since April.

I have been flying NW alot, and on the new 175s the seats in FC are grey leather. And low and behold, they have pen marks on the seat backs, just like on US.

Maybe US not cleaning the seats as the rumor stated, the seat artist just moved his/her business over to NW and showing off their talent there.

BTW, on the flight last night (MHT-MSP) we had a good meal in 1st served on china with glassware. Maybe if US ordered the 170s with FC seating my business might still be with US.

The CRJ-900's (both are more or less "brand new") are also seeing lots of pen marks...maybe this guy just loves to fly on NWAirlink?

Also, while the grey interiors are nice for making the cabin bright, they show wear and tear like nobody's business...grafitti and otherwise.

P.S. The cargo hold grafitti on 9E's planes seems to be getting, um, "livelier."

Hey - I still post here because I live in PHL - and if US had decent and reliable service I'd fly them for the convenience of all the direct flights out of PHL. But - because of the joke US has become I moved all of my flying to UA this year and the difference in service is like night and day. It is really sad that US has fallen so far, and doesn't seem to care or to be able to do anything about it. It also is just amazing to me that some people on this board defend US and the service they provide. I just can't sit and not respond to those kool aid drinking folks, so I post on this board.

I won't even fly on free tickets on US anymore to Europe from PHL because the service is so awful.

If I want to post my rants, raves and complaints to this board - I am certainly free to do so. You certainly, are free as well not to read them if you choose.
I was not defending US at all......trust me....
If I had a hatred and loathing for a company such as yours and others for US Airways, I would just move on with my life.....get therapy.... or look into my own personal life to fill a void obviously there...

Well since when have you been appointed Moderator?
I am just one who comes to this website to read up on the ins and out of US Airways. I normally just read quietly and have a good laugh at such posters as yourself and others who are way too involved in this company.

Have any of you seen the new WN commercial where the ceo tells the 2 guys flying that they will be on a flight from==east coast==to lax?? The one guy says, "Great I love Phx. And the ceo says no it's non stop as in it doesn't stop. I think this is a direct jab and I love it.

Have any of you seen the new WN commercial where the ceo tells the 2 guys flying that they will be on a flight from==east coast==to lax?? The one guy says, "Great I love Phx. And the ceo says no it's non stop as in it doesn't stop. I think this is a direct jab and I love it.
I guess it could also be a jab at UA since they also fly PHL-LAX nonstop.

Thank you for continuing to support a star alliance partner...

Latest posts

Back