Another Us Bait & Switch?

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Union claims airline revised buyout terms

Karen Ferrick-Roman, Times Staff

A union representing US Airways workers has accused the airline of changing the terms of a buyout package offered to its workers.

Article

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
Union claims airline revised buyout terms

[post="250537"][/post]​

Answer truthfully (Don't follow USAirways example) did anyone expect anything better from USAirways? Doesn't history has a tendency to repeat itself? But remember it was ok for USAirways to farm out Airbus work you really can't complain much about this can you?

I am a bit dissapointed in the CWA frankly, in PIT RES the union officers seems to only go after the answers to questions if they pertain to them. Case in point, interesting that the sect-treas is a part-timer and the union VP went around all day this weekend to try and get the agents to email a list of various officers to object to this part -time payout issue. However, they don't have answers to any of the buyout questions, and won't retain an attorney for the agents to answer questions, there are many many res agents of retirement age who need help with the buyout/pension etc and the union is no where to be found nor or they communicating with the employees. But this part time thing, affecting very few agents is their main issue. Not only can't I wait for the office to close I cannot wait to lose the CWA.

www.CWA.net
US Airways
Early Out Program
Objective
In accordance with the CWA-US Airways 2004 Transformation Plan Agreement, the
Company is offering the Early Out (EO) Program. Under this program, active Passenger
Service employees may leave the service of the Company, and receive the Early Out
benefits including, but not limited to, a lump sum cash pay out, health insurance coverage
and travel benefits.
Eligible Employees
All active CWA represented employees with a minimum five (5) years of service in a
CWA represented craft and class may participate in the Early Out Program. The Program
design includes the following components based on the employees’ years of service in a
CWA represented craft and class. Employees on a Military Leave and Union Leave of
Absence (LOA) are considered to be active employees for the purposes of this program.
Employees on LOA may apply as long as they have a return–to-work date and return to
work prior to the end of the application period.

Years 5-9 10-14 15 Plus Service
Cash $5,000 $10,000 $15,000
Health care at Active
Employee Contribution level 4 months 8 months 12 months

Pass Travel 5 years 10 Years Lifetime
Part Time Employees
Participating part time employees will receive 50% of cash bonus outlined above.
Reservations, Dividend Miles Service Center and Baggage Call Center Employees
Reservations, Dividend Miles Service Center and Baggage Call Center employees who
accept an Early Out will be entitled to the maximum Early Out provisions described
above plus an additional bonus of $5,000 ($2,500 for Part Time employees) and will be
offered outplacement assistance by the Company.

Maybe I missed something, but the way I read the EO, it always had part-timers receiving 50% of the amount.

PineyBob said:
You know I have never been quite sure why I never throw much business AA's way. Well now at least I have Exhibit A as to why that might be.

I would remind you of the BILLIONS your employer has lost and I humbly submit that soon it will be YOUR TURN to assume the position.

Remember toes you step on today may belong to the arse you have to kiss tomorrow.

A little food for thought on a snowy day.
[post="250710"][/post]​

How can you judge an airline on one employees remarks on here and you don't even know if he/she is really just an impersonator? If that is the way you judge an airline then USAirways should be on the bottom of your list. USAirway employees or impersonators post enough attitude on here to sink the titantic.

I'm really sorry that you US AIRWAYS people voted yes to concessions three times ,and don't have the guts to put your airline industry wrecking company out of business. We over here at AA deserve the same sharp criticism that I'm giving you, so fire away. We all should have struck to save our industry from destruction, but NOOOO! Now an industry that someone could make a career out of is being "WALMARTED" into oblivion! So when are you people gonna vote yes again?

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
So when are you people gonna vote yes again?
[post="250776"][/post]​

I think all that has to happen is oil to tick up a little more and 320 will start blowing his bagpipes.

Latest posts