Any News On Awa Arena ?

America West Arena is the downtown PHX sports arena the Suns play in. Bank One Ballpark was recently renamed Chase Field and it is a baseball stadium.

Please commit to memory. There will be a test. :p

America West Arena is the downtown PHX sports arena the Suns play in. Bank One Ballpark was recently renamed Chase Field and it is a baseball stadium.

Please commit to memory. There will be a test. :p

Ok....I'll study. But..........who are the Arizona Red Birds? Who are the Phoenix toyotes? What is a snow bird? What the heck is prickly pear jelly??

rofl2.gif

Ok....I'll study. But..........who are the Arizona Red Birds? Who are the Phoenix toyotes? What is a snow bird? What the heck is prickly pear jelly??
rofl2.gif

Gonzo....wanna go fishin' out in the desert when you come out? I know some really good places to pick up some bass :D

Gonzo....wanna go fishin' out in the desert when you come out?

That reminds me of a little WWII story.
PHX had a Geman POW camp, they somehow got hold of any Arizona map showing the Salt river only a few thousand yards from the camp.
They built a boat, escaped and carried it to the river bed thinking they could float down to Mexico.
Boy where they in for a suprise! :shock:

Re the WWII POW escape story: Supposedly this story is true. I do know that there was a POW camp on Federal land that was then the undeveloped Papago Saguaro National Monument, way out in the miles of open desert that once separated Phoenix proper from Tempe and Scottsdale.
The area is now city-owned Papago Park, a desert 'island' that has long been completely surrounded by urban development.