APA assails AMR exec's 'publicity stunt'

:D :D :D
So I guess in your twisted mind, that this means.. If you twist this just right, it means APA is supportive of a merger with LCC!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope the rank and file pilots realize how much their union is screwing them with this US Airways stuff.

If a merger does happen, I don't want to see any whining a few years from now about low seniority, bad pay and poor choice of routes. AA pilots will be flying DFW-OMA, while the US guys will take the plum international routes. The union needs to turn this one around before it's too late.

I hope the rank and file pilots realize how much their union is screwing them with this US Airways stuff.

If a merger does happen, I don't want to see any whining a few years from now about low seniority, bad pay and poor choice of routes. AA pilots will be flying DFW-OMA, while the US guys will take the plum international routes. The union needs to turn this one around before it's too late.

FFCA, didn't you hear???????????

LCC is promising the AA pilots will still get their $1,000,000+ retirement checks!

And your assumptions are based on what? Are you in the know of what if anything has been offered? Either way, I doubt that the US pilots would make out as you assume. A little pot stirring, eh...

FF,

Normally I try to avoid juvenile responses out of respect for this forum, but I will make an exception in your case. Don't be an idiot.

The APA, with support of it's pilot members, will entertain any deal from any party that may be better than that currently offered by AMR with the 1113C. As it stands now, AMR is flirting with a wildcat strike and the total liquidation of AA if they expect the 1113c as it stands or their concept of equal value for changes. USair and AA both have a very senior pilot group and with appropriate protections, massive retirements on both sides will more than take care of any overlaps. USAir management, AA and anyone with half a brain in the industry know that the current USAir pilot pay rates are an abberation from the infighting of their pilot group. Same goes for the UAL/CAL payrates and Scope. AA is trying to lock in the pilots for 10+ years in the face of increasing pilot salaries and limited supply of new pilots.

The current 1113C or even anything close to it is not going to happen.

FF,

Normally I try to avoid juvenile responses out of respect for this forum, but I will make an exception in your case. Don't be an idiot.

The APA, with support of it's pilot members, will entertain any deal from any party that may be better than that currently offered by AMR with the 1113C. As it stands now, AMR is flirting with a wildcat strike and the total liquidation of AA if they expect the 1113c as it stands or their concept of equal value for changes. USair and AA both have a very senior pilot group and with appropriate protections, massive retirements on both sides will more than take care of any overlaps. USAir management, AA and anyone with half a brain in the industry know that the current USAir pilot pay rates are an abberation from the infighting of their pilot group. Same goes for the UAL/CAL payrates and Scope. AA is trying to lock in the pilots for 10+ years in the face of increasing pilot salaries and limited supply of new pilots.

The current 1113C or even anything close to it is not going to happen.
This may be true, but it seems like emotions are so high because we are all jarred. I don't like feeling like someone is swooping in to play off of our feelings knowing that we are not all thinking as rationally as we normally would. This is what bothers me the most and seeing how well HP and US worked out, apparently they are still bothered by it as well.

Ahhh what?? If the seniority goes to arbitration the arbitrator will most likely give the AA pilots credit for the large fleet of wide-bodies and better contract, meaning the US pilots will be placed a ways down the list.

Bean

Ahhh what?? If the seniority goes to arbitration the arbitrator will most likely give the AA pilots credit for the large fleet of wide-bodies and better contract, meaning the US pilots will be placed a ways down the list.

Bean

Bean,

Despite my response to FF, he/she did bring up a vaild point about the pilot seniority system and I understand the difficulties understanding the nuances of it. Most likely, the issue of the East/West seniority would be solved first and then inserting AA. From my perspective, while the issue does resemble Fukushima 1-6 after the Tsumani, I see a workable solution due to the age demographics of the combined USair and AA pilot groups.

Over the next 5-6 years (nominal time for integration and large route system changes) close to 2000 pilots of the combined lists reach mandatory retirement. Now if this talk was occurring 10 years year, I'd say avoid it like the Black Plague, but the situation today greatly mitigates the biggest fear of any pilot group that the pilots of airline X will take over the widebody flying of airline Y. LCC has it's own widebody flying and most pilots on both sides flying them will be retiring shortly.

The age demographics also play into my previous posts regarding the 1113C. 10 years ago, I'd say we'd eat it without changes. The world pilot market was in the crapper and pay was less than 1113C USA standards at DAL/UAL/U. that game has changed. US airlines are going to have a problem in a few years, and AA is going to eat training costs from Airbus Captains getting their upgrade and leaving for China. When the current going rate for an Airbus Captain in parts of the world is $240K and AA expects to pay $140K, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what is going to happen. The demand is only going to get worse with the planned deliveries of the next 5 years. AA is desperate to lock in their crap 1113C for the next 10 years.

according to www.justplanenews.com theres an article that is titled USAIRWAYS EXECUTIVES make overtures and speak with AA Union Leaders
interesting but say more to come next week

BEWARE OF JUSTPLANENEWS>COM

Per GOOGLE

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for justplanenews.com

What is the current listing status for justplanenews.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 106 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 31 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-04-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-04-13.
Malicious software includes 55 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including geosearch.biz/, lamadorm.com/.

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including googosearch.biz/, googosearch.org/, lamadorm.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS23352 (SERVERCENTRAL).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, justplanenews.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

BEWARE OF JUSTPLANENEWS>COM

Per GOOGLE

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for justplanenews.com

What is the current listing status for justplanenews.com?
Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 106 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 31 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-04-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-04-13.
Malicious software includes 55 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 2 domain(s), including geosearch.biz/, lamadorm.com/.

3 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including googosearch.biz/, googosearch.org/, lamadorm.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS23352 (SERVERCENTRAL).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, justplanenews.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?
In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:
Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Gee - who do you suppose might be the party trying to infect the computers of airline mechanics?

That certainly would save a lot of time by the corporate mercenaries reading the all aviation-related sites looking for someone to nail, wouldn't it?

JustPlaneNews is maintained by a US Airways Fleet service agent, his a really nice guy and has had this web page for years. I cant see him doing anything to hurt anyone's computer.

Back