APA prepares for strike vote

Super FLUF

Senior
Jun 10, 2011

APA Board directs preparations for strike balloting

posted on August 22, 2012 13:58

APA INFORMATION HOTLINE
This is APA Communications Director Gregg Overman with the APA Information Hotline for Wednesday, August 22.
APA BOARD DIRECTS PREPARATIONS FOR STRIKE BALLOTING: During today’s meeting of the APA Board of Directors at union headquarters in Fort Worth, the Board approved motions directing the National Officers to make the necessary preparations to conduct a strike vote of the membership and to initiate balloting upon the first action of AMR to impose any of the negative term sheet provisions. In addition, the board waived applicable policy to enable the APA Secretary-Treasurer to conduct the strike balloting electronically via Ballot Point.

Reactions: 1 person
ok... but what other strategies does APA have ready and available when they are told they cannot strike?

You really think that someone would post those options on this forum?

I would be willing to bet that if you wrote down your top 3 guesses, one of them would be right.

BTW the vote was 16-0. Even the weak Richards voted for it without hesitation.

I don't really think anyone has any doubts about the outcome of the vote. The question is whether you (APA) will be able to achieve what the masses want via the vote.

I don't expect you to post other options online.... I just am hoping that if the APA decides to escalate this they are prepared to ensure that they obtain what they ultimately want and not just make a bunch of noise that may or may not achieve your goals.

You all are heading into uncharted water - but I guess you know that.

I wish you all well in your efforts to achieve higher pay and I truly hope you achieve it.

Reactions: 1 person
WT: please do not start your sentences with "I don't think"
I don't think I agree with you... but you are free to structure your sentences anyway you please.

With all due respect, I know when properly constructed sentences and logic should be used and when doing so is not necessary.

Carry on w/ the strike vote discussion.. it is far more interesting.

Reactions: 2 people
A strike in bankruptcy? I didn't know this was possible.

It's not. Case law already exists thanks to AFA at NWA. But the strike vote will make another $40M judgement that much more possible should they do something stupid...

I don't think I agree with you... but you are free to structure your sentences anyway you please.

With all due respect, I know when properly constructed sentences and logic should be used and when doing so is not necessary.

Carry on w/ the strike vote discussion.. it is far more interesting.
Just teasing you. Easy now...

This is just silly, and a waste of time. Everyone knows you can't strike during bankruptcy. And even if you could, you'd have to get past the NMB and the White House.

Who wants the third largest airline in the country shut down around election day?