APA prepares for strike vote

The APA is either fooling it's members or fooling itself thinking they are going to go on strike. There are pilots out there that think the judge wouldn't dare abrogate their contract or AA won't implement the imposed contract. They live in the cockpit bowl of awesomeness, not listening to anyone but the guy sitting next to him, spreading misinformation and a false sense of bravado thinking that AA wouldn't dare impose a contract on them. You voted NO, be man enough to live with the consequences, it's not like you weren't warned.

With that said I hope the APA becomes the highest paid airline pilots, because you deserve to be, after sacrificing so much for the past decade, just like the rest of us.

So I guess you can now change your alias to 'Hopeless".

I am thinking keep it "Hopeful" but add to it. A little something like "Hopeful..That FlipFlop Bob Takes a ride on the Reality Train".(<--a little local 100 related jingle that might catch on relating to your new TWU plan). You think it's too long of a nic ?

Bob has done alot for promoting the aircraft mechanic craft. Can't fault him for that.

But there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough.
We voted our contract in. Doesn't matter if it was 48 votes or 4800 votes.

I am not willing to live vicariously through the pilots although I wish them good luck.
They rejected their deal for their reasons and their reasons alone.
Their 401k match was far greater than the rest of ours as was their equity offer. Apparently they are worth more than the rest of us and must be hurting their roto-cuffs patting each other on their collective backs repeatedly because they are the backbone of the airline.

The laws are what the laws are pertaining to bankruptcy and, in our case, the RLA.
If the pilots get abrogated and spend the next year or more working under the imposed term sheets, the changes will have been so great, whatever they get down the road will not recoup what they are about to lose.

I cannot get wrapped up into what will or will not happen to the pilots.
If they fare better as a result, then good for them.
If they get abrogated because that's the path they chose, then they have to live with it.

Excellent post!

" (Judge)Kendall said. "When the pitch is, 'pay us what we want or we will cost you more,' it is the type of negotiation one usually sees when doing business with one of the five families in New York," referring to organized crime."

Love that quote!

Most miracles I have witnessed happen without expectation.

I expect none. why?

You accuse me of "Surrender."

I say that we are screwed for at least 6 years. So i am "Realistic."
The contract will be enforced in a few weeks and the changes will occur at a surprising rate.
Nothing we can do about it expect replace the TWU in the interim.

Reactions: 1 person
You accuse me of "Surrender."

I say that we are screwed for at least 6 years. So i am "Realistic."
The contract will be enforced in a few weeks and the changes will occur at a surprising rate.
Nothing we can do about it expect replace the TWU in the interim.

My point is that none of your postings are "hopeful" they are all laced with "surrender".
You know your heart better than I do, I am simply stating what I have observed.
You disagree? That's fine and dandy, prove me wrong and type out some hopeful postings for a change.
Most of the time you sound defeated, just like the TWU and the IBT.

We are screwed for six years because 51 percent of the M&R baffons voted yes. Section 6 would have been better because it wouldnt have been for six years. Let the pilots strike. We have been living under concessions since 03 and now we have to live under them again till 2018 fifteen years and these tards couldnt make any money. They need to be put out of business because thay sure cant run one. STRIKE is the only way to say we have had enough !

Reactions: 1 person
My point is that none of your postings are "hopeful" they are all laced with "surrender".
You know your heart better than I do, I am simply stating what I have observed.
You disagree? That's fine and dandy, prove me wrong and type out some hopeful postings for a change.
Most of the time you sound defeated, just like the TWU and the IBT.

As I have explained to others in the past from time to time...if you haven't figured out by now what sarcasm is in reference to my alias, I don't what to tell you.

But once again, I tend to be more realistic the older I get and the longer I stay in this business. We have seen this once proud career be reduced to something almost embarassing since deregulation got the ball rolling.
If you see anything "hopeful" about being locked into a lousy six year deal, please share it with me.

Latest posts