APA prepares for strike vote

It's like the pilots sit in the cockpit and say to each other, you're awesome, no you're awesome, we should go on strike because no one else could or would do this job, I can work in China making $300k, so AA WILL pay me $300k (even though Chinese and Arab airlines are subsidized by their Gov.) You're awesome we can go on strike, you're awesome. ya we can go on strike, the judge won't do anything to us, we're pilots! But what about the time the APA did an illegal work action and was find $46 million? AA forgave that debt, because we're pilots and we're awesome.

Clearly a case of living in the cockpit bubble and fertilized by weak management.

Reactions: 2 people
Who wants the third largest airline in the country shut down around election day?

Our competitors, the same ones that filed bankrutcy before us and now have lower labor costs . Yep, they will reap the rewards whilst AA losses millions, suffers a big black PR eye, but still emerges from the bankruptcy kangaroo court.

Who loses and continues to lose? The little guy.. You... So grab your lunch pail, your sports pages and just sit there waiting for the end.

Our pilots and their union are the most arrogant bunch out there! The only reason AA filed bk is because of them! Now they screwed all of us because they won't budge.

Reactions: 3 people
It's like the pilots sit in the cockpit and say to each other, you're awesome, no you're awesome, we should go on strike because no one else could or would do this job, I can work in China making $300k, so AA WILL pay me $300k (even though Chinese and Arab airlines are subsidized by their Gov.) You're awesome we can go on strike, you're awesome. ya we can go on strike, the judge won't do anything to us, we're pilots! But what about the time the APA did an illegal work action and was find $46 million? AA forgave that debt, because we're pilots and we're awesome.

Clearly a case of living in the cockpit bubble and fertilized by weak management.
I hope they expect support from me as a mechanic.

I can't tell you how many times during a real bad day when "everyone" assumed mechanics were "doing something," a captain would tell me..."LISTEN, I WANNA FLY TODAY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS."

Sorry, I will not support any ILLEGAL job action!

Reactions: 4 people
AA can afford to give a little more to the pilots. All they have to do is give them the money they saved on the twu contract!!

Thanks, twu....

Reactions: 6 people
Work with your possible merger partners 14000 pilots strike, WOW!!!!!!

Horton & Parker make me sick. Thus far I've been able to cope w/o missing work. Not sure how much longer I can take the stress w/o alternatives that change all that.

FA

I hope they expect support from me as a mechanic.

I can't tell you how many times during a real bad day when "everyone" assumed mechanics were "doing something," a captain would tell me..."LISTEN, I WANNA FLY TODAY, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS."

Sorry, I will not support any ILLEGAL job action!

I like when they do a ground interrupt and say you can sign it off, I'm just covering myself, or when a F/A says don't take this plane OTS I want to fly this and be done for the month, told to me on Aug 17th.

The reason we can't fly jump seat in cabin or cockpit, it's in the pilots and FA's contract for them alone or pilots from OTHER airlines. Big happy family. Hurry for me I got mine!

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11673442/1/exclusive-us-airways-pilots-mull-merger-contract-with-10000-bonuses.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

IT looks like deals are happening, funny how our pilots never got the 2001 big contract but yet are one of the highest paid contracts even after 2003, our FA's our the highest paid contract, our FSC's are one of the highest paid, but yet the mechanics are the lowest paid, thanks Tulsa and the TWU!

Reactions: 3 people
A strike in bankruptcy? I didn't know this was possible.

Why not?

If AA tells Exxon "I'm only payiong you $1per gallon because I'm in BK". what do you think Exxons response will be "You aint getting any gallond from us pal , BK or no BK.

If AA told PONY that they were only going to pay $100 to land at JFK because "we are in BK and we can do anything we want", guess what, that plane aint leaving JFK till they pay what the Port tells them they have to pay.

So if AA tells the pilots "We are paying you what we feel like paying and we can because we are in BK" then what is the legal basis to force the pilots to accept that and not withdraw their services? The RLA says that if a carrier unilaterally changes compensation that the workers can strike without an NMB rel;ease or 30 day cooling off period. Other than BK is there any other legal way a carrier can unilaterally change compensation?

I like when they do a ground interrupt and say you can sign it off, I'm just covering myself, or when a F/A says don't take this plane OTS I want to fly this and be done for the month, told to me on Aug 17th.

The reason we can't fly jump seat in cabin or cockpit, it's in the pilots and FA's contract for them alone or pilots from OTHER airlines. Big happy family. Hurry for me I got mine!

Sure there are some A-holes, are you saying that there arent any mechanics that fit the same description? Are you saying there arent any IGM mechanics? How quickly one forgets, think back to the Hard Copy incident, after the second day there were items galore in the inbound logbooks.

The company is going to screw you for six years, put the petty rivalry with the pilots aside and do the right thing, let the pilots give them a bloody nose and knock them back a little because if the company wins you can expect the company to take another crack at the crumbs that are left of 2018.

Why not?

If AA tells Exxon "I'm only payiong you $1per gallon because I'm in BK". what do you think Exxons response will be "You aint getting any gallond from us pal , BK or no BK.

If AA told PONY that they were only going to pay $100 to land at JFK because "we are in BK and we can do anything we want", guess what, that plane aint leaving JFK till they pay what the Port tells them they have to pay.

So if AA tells the pilots "We are paying you what we feel like paying and we can because we are in BK" then what is the legal basis to force the pilots to accept that and not withdraw their services? The RLA says that if a carrier unilaterally changes compensation that the workers can strike without an NMB rel;ease or 30 day cooling off period. Other than BK is there any other legal way a carrier can unilaterally change compensation?

Hey Owens your an a&p not a lawyer give it up alteady