APA leadership meets with USAirways executives

And you really have nothing to do other than degrade US and their employees? You Mikey boy have been a long time US hater, and have ALWAYS THOUGHT that your gang at AA were superior beings, well guess what you are in BK just like many others were at one point. Why don't you go blow your smoke Laura's way, I'm sure she will give you a good LMAO as well. Being a company loyalist at a time when management is raping labor makes you look like an Idiot. Your coworkers must get a real jolt out of "your American Airlines" thought process. Just think that your givebacks will help Horton an co. fill their wallets all the more before they bail out. I think that its high time you park that AA horse of yours, and walk on the same ground with the rest of the common folk airline employees.

And just FYI, useless is one word...

Reactions: 1 person
And you really have nothing to do other than degrade US and their employees? You Mikey boy have been a long time US hater, and have ALWAYS THOUGHT that your gang at AA were superior beings, well guess what you are in BK just like many others were at one point. Why don't you go blow your smoke Laura's way, I'm sure she will give you a good LMAO as well. Being a company loyalist at a time when management is raping labor makes you look like an Idiot. Your coworkers must get a real jolt out of "your American Airlines" thought process. Just think that your givebacks will help Horton an co. fill their wallets all the more before they bail out. I think that its high time you park that AA horse of yours, and walk on the same ground with the rest of the common folk airline employees.

And just FYI, useless is one word...

I love how whenever someone criticizes US legitimately you label them a US hater. Not everyone enjoys flying US, there are some real deficiencies in that airline and their operation. AA is far superior to US.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
777/767/757

He tries to come across as "neutral" yet his venom is directed at labor only.

Ok, talked to my old retired grade school english teacher, and explained to her that reading comprehension is a thing of the past......is there anything I can do to help? She said, "Stop posting on the internet, most people are stupid".

Read my original post, once again, you see what you want to see, you read what you want to read. Stupid is as stupid does.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

AAA is US Airways, All American Airways, its original name.

Well, according to Mike33, if you don't know the vernacular used by people on here, you must be stupid......don't worry, I'm stupid too because I used a vernacular they do not approve of.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

I love how whenever someone criticizes US legitimately you label them a US hater. Not everyone enjoys flying US, there are some real deficiencies in that airline and their operation. AA is far superior to US.

Josh
And this from the friggen King of criticism....
Thanks for your insight Joshie....and how long have you participated in legitimate discussions on this site?

Ok, talked to my old retired grade school english teacher, and explained to her that reading comprehension is a thing of the past......is there anything I can do to help? She said, "Stop posting on the internet, most people are stupid".

Read my original post, once again, you see what you want to see, you read what you want to read. Stupid is as stupid does.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757
Very nice rebuttal. Especially the name calling. But that is kinda your style here isn't it? Ignore the gist of my post completely and call me stupid because you can't disprove my claims. Maybe the old school marm needs to wash your potty mouth out with soap. I read your original and followup posts and stand by my post. Now in addition to being narrowminded I will have to add childish.

mud slinging aside, APA's new leader says US is one of a number of options but does not hold it as the best... from the WSJ

"Mr. Wilson said the APA believes that if American merges with another airline before leaving bankruptcy, it would be better able to compete with United Continental Holdings Inc. UAL -0.05%and Delta Air Lines Inc., DAL -0.70%two carriers that have bulked up through mergers. The conditional labor agreement the APA signed in April with AMR suitor US Airways Group Inc. LCC -0.48%"remains in play," the pilot chief said. That agreement would govern the pilots' contract terms should the two airlines merge before AMR leaves Chapter 11.
"That's one of our legal avenues to explore," Mr. Wilson said, a less glowing endorsement of the potential combination than his predecessor had voiced. He also said he wouldn't go as far as American's flight attendants union, which insists loudly and frequently that its members are fed up with AMR Chief Executive Tom Horton and would prefer to work at a combined company run by US Airways CEO Doug Parker.
"While we have issues with this management," Mr. Wilson said, "we're still open to exploring all options. I think this company will come out [of court protection] as a viable and vibrant company. We hope that management will see that bigger is better."

He also says that he favors a negotiated agreement and repeats that APA will legally pursue a strike if the term sheet is imposed.

I don't think AA's operation is anything to write home about. We live in a glass house and have no reason to be throwing rocks at USAirways.

With that being said, the thought of merging with USAirways doesn't exactly excite me. My "support" for a merger goes no further than negotiating leverage for the APA or a rescue line from contractual abrogation or a crappy deal APA negotiates out of stupidity. Much like AA, USAirways has "issues" and I question what assets they really bring to the party that could ultimately be a crown jewel in the network to fix the revenue problem.

Other airlines seem to be a better fit, and would certainly be a better option for a SLI going forward. B6 comes to mind. However, any sort of deal like this means the current management team stays put. Not a good deal IMO. It would be different if these guys seemed like they wanted to improve the product and run a good airline, but I have seen no evidence of this as of yet. All I have seen is more salivating over outsourcing and running a virtual airline through code sharing.

However, any sort of deal like this means the current management team stays put. Not a good deal IMO. It would be different if these guys seemed like they wanted to improve the product and run a good airline, but I have seen no evidence of this as of yet. All I have seen is more salivating over outsourcing and running a virtual airline through code sharing.

Maybe you guys should spend a little less time worrying about who is in charge or how much they get paid, and spend a little more time making sure you have an agreement that is reasonable, and is sustainable enough that y'all still have a job five years from now.

Management is going to turnover in due time. AMR's on its third CEO in ten years, its fourth CFO, and third CMO. Worrying about who is in charge today seems to be a lot of wasted effort.

Reactions: 3 people
Very nice rebuttal. Especially the name calling. But that is kinda your style here isn't it? Ignore the gist of my post completely and call me stupid because you can't disprove my claims. Maybe the old school marm needs to wash your potty mouth out with soap. I read your original and followup posts and stand by my post. Now in addition to being narrowminded I will have to add childish.

Potty mouth......you crack me up...considering nothing I said would get a 5th grader in trouble. Your the fool, and the child. Nice condescending attitude.......You still are making stuff up and quoting half of my posts.

I never attacked your posts or anyone else's, I just expressed an opinion without referencing anyone's posts until I was attacked, your one of the ones who attacked me. So who you tell me who the child is? When I see opinions I don't agree with I move on or I post my opinon without referencing anyone else's, you on the other hand clearly can't deal with people having an opinon different then yours........that makes you the immature kid throwing rocks.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Reactions: 1 person
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]"You would have the international operations of AMR and the lower cost structure of US Airways," Morningstar analyst Basili Alukos said.[/background]​

http://www.chicagotr...0,4896517.story

I wish the pilots would concentrate more on flying the airplane and less on the business of running an airline. With their help we just might become the largest and lowest paid airline.

Potty mouth......you crack me up...considering nothing I said would get a 5th grader in trouble. Your the fool, and the child. Nice condescending attitude.......You still are making stuff up and quoting half of my posts.

I never attacked your posts or anyone else's, I just expressed an opinion without referencing anyone's posts until I was attacked, your one of the ones who attacked me. So who you tell me who the child is? When I see opinions I don't agree with I move on or I post my opinon without referencing anyone else's, you on the other hand clearly can't deal with people having an opinon different then yours........that makes you the immature kid throwing rocks.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757
Thanks 36/24/36, You do a better job of proving my point than I did.

Latest posts