APA Ready for Federal Mediation...

Name one sacrifice AA made

The only ones who sacrificed were the employees

Bullshite. I get tired of this "only the employees lost" argument.

Aircraft lessors took hits, debt holders took hits, landlords took hits, suppliers from Sabre and General Electric all the way down to the guy that sells AA copier paper took hits.

Shareholders also took a hit, especially those who bought in at prices above $50 (which includes a lot of employees who bought shares thru the 401K or employee purchase plan prior to 1/1/2001).

And passengers took the biggest hit. Many had to start paying for things like talking to an agent, having a ticket issued at the airport, checking bags at the curb, etc. Others had to fork money out of their own pocket to get a meal at the airport because food was cut altogether on a gazillion routes...

So go drown yourself in a pool of self-pity all you want, but you're full of crap when you say that only the employees sacrificed to keep AA out of bankruptcy and the pensions funded.

Aircraft lessors took hits, debt holders took hits, landlords took hits, suppliers from Sabre and General Electric all the way down to the guy that sells AA copier paper took hits.

Shareholders also took a hit, especially those who bought in at prices above $50 (which includes a lot of employees who bought shares thru the 401K or employee purchase plan prior to 1/1/2001).

And passengers took the biggest hit. Many had to start paying for things like talking to an agent, having a ticket issued at the airport, checking bags at the curb, etc. Others had to fork money out of their own pocket to get a meal at the airport because food was cut altogether on a gazillion routes...

So go drown yourself in a pool of self-pity all you want, but you're full of crap when you say that only the employees sacrificed to keep AA out of bankruptcy and the pensions funded.

Well said. And in exchange AA just gest a bunch of ungrateful and whiny employees. I wish AA had gone into bankruptcy at this point. It was a mistake not to. They were at one point positioned to be the healthiest major airline and had a great headstart on the others. Thanks to greedy unions, that headstart has been erased. I don't think even the employees realize how much they've screwed AA over.

"GREEDY UNIONS" ?????????????????????????

JESUS MAH4546.
I don't know what kind of your smokin', but the Friggin' TWU has NEVER done ANYTHING for the ramp/Amt's, since the late 70's !!

Languague deleted by moderator. Please watch your wording.

I don't think even the employees realize how much they've screwed AA over.

Hahaha! That's the biggest crock of shet I have heard out of your mouth. The screwing of AA by employees has not even begun to make a dent. Just wait until all three unions are in talks and we don't reach an agreement. Then I will be laughing!!

Can you name the only group that did not sacrifice?
All 874 of them!

Well said. And in exchange AA just gest a bunch of ungrateful and whiny employees. I wish AA had gone into bankruptcy at this point. It was a mistake not to. They were at one point positioned to be the healthiest major airline and had a great headstart on the others. Thanks to greedy unions, that headstart has been erased. I don't think even the employees realize how much they've screwed AA over.
"screwed AA over" I hope you not serious.
You might have some Abby Normal brain cells in place.

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='561189' date='Jan 12 2008, 10:33 PM']Hahaha! That's the biggest crock of shet I have heard out of your mouth. The screwing of AA by employees has not even begun to make a dent. Just wait until all three unions are in talks and we don't reach an agreement. Then I will be laughing!![/quote]

I'm glad you think that way. I'm glad you would like to slow AA's progress as they get further and further behind the crowd.

As people can tell, I'm anti-union (in general), because unions always end up becoming power-hungry and start to act irrationally and uneducated, as AA's unions are acting now. They are greedy, and all they expect is "more, more, more" in a time when airlines can't give more. And don't even go there with the "but management gets paid XXX" garbage. They are management. They deserve to get paid more. It's not unfair at all. They run the company, they recieved higher education, they are smarter, they control the company's future. They are obviously going to get paid more, and obviously by a significant amount.

AA needs to go into bankruptcy, throw out pensions and employee contracts, lower wages, and start from scratch. They need to take a lesson from UA and DL.

I'm glad you think that way. I'm glad you would like to slow AA's progress as they get further and further behind the crowd.

As people can tell, I'm anti-union (in general), because unions always end up becoming power-hungry and start to act irrationally and uneducated, as AA's unions are acting now. They are greedy, and all they expect is "more, more, more" in a time when airlines can't give more. And don't even go there with the "but management gets paid XXX" garbage. They are management. They deserve to get paid more. It's not unfair at all. They run the company, they recieved higher education, they are smarter, they control the company's future. They are obviously going to get paid more, and obviously by a significant amount.

AA needs to go into bankruptcy, throw out pensions and employee contracts, lower wages, and start from scratch. They need to take a lesson from UA and DL.
What an idiot !!! AA management has done it's job well with you ...Believe all their bull while they line their pockets.... Wake up !!!!
Go into BK ???? Oh thats the answer --- dump everyones pension.... YOU should be one of those people who has lost their pensions...
Shame on you for saying that....

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.â€￾

This is really a simple tale: Management comes to labor and pleads with us to save the company. Labor, having such a huge stake in the company~more than management who can hop from company to compay, agrees. Labor and non labor employees save company. Management takes the rewards...out of our pockets.

Labor does NOT take an airline into bankruptcy. Bad management takes a company into bankruptcy. Buying TWA, assuming over $3 Billion in debt, old aircraft, unused routes ( again, just like with other airline buys) and the numerous other dollar burners that came with it, was not labor's fault. Facing a downturn in the economy and buying another debt burdened airline is management's folly.

Yet, this same management has to be paid to be retained, as if they have done such a stellar job.
Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten: SHARE. PLAY NICE. DON'T HIT.

To suggest that AA should dump pensions which have been legally agreed to and put that strain on the American Public is just wrong.

Are you done with your rant

The argument was
Name one sacrifice AA made. Not everyone else who dealt with AA

In particular AA's upper management

Read before you ramble on and on

You are correct ungrateful and whiny

and its only going to get worse

And no we dont realize how much we have screwed over AA

I actually dont think the screwing has begun yet. Lets see what happens when the twu starts to discuss economics with the company

thats when the fun will begin

You are talking about the same management that put AA in the financial disater 6 years ago. When AA management said concessions or bankruptcy. That management who couldnt manage a grocery store. Is that the management you speak so highly of.

Anti union has nothing to do with your rant. You are just clueless.