APA Ready for Federal Mediation...

Oh Yeah

"Working Together"

"Pull Together - Win Together"

Maybe AA could give each of those AA Pilot's one of those delicious TWU BBQ Sanwhiches and a $50 gift card and get them to lick a little boot instead of demanding their share of gain.

Worked well for James C. Little and the bootlickers of the TWU, try it with Mr. Hill and his members.... :lol:

Great here we go. The great posturing of Management and than of the APA.

ThisDELETED BY MOD makes me sick

Note-you may not use profanity even if disguised by spelling.

Things need to change and it's about time...I hope the pilots acutally have the "Balls" to go through with their threats!..Time will tell

What Unity?

No surprise there! They've obviously heard rumors of an April strike - they just want to prove to the pilots that not only can they not strike, but just who is and who isn't in control!

Remember more damage can be done from inside while getting paid than from outside while holding a sign

:rolleyes:

OK, Skippy, but that's not what you said:

The only ones who didn't sacrifice are a very small number of people, and that includes the PUP participants and the TWU, APA, and APFA leadership. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see where they took pay cuts to offset the reduction in dues.

I'm still waiting for the sacrifice AA made

Last chance Shirley

How 'bout not being able to go as deep with the cuts as they should have?

-- outsourcing ramp at all the spokes... That one little provision is why you see stations like PVD and PDX with poor levels of service...
-- having flight attendants cleaning turns and thrus. It's not like just about every other carrier expects their FA's to take part in keeping the cabin clean
-- being free to schedule foreign nationals north of MIA
-- outsourcing overhaul and line maintenance in the spokes
-- eliminating the scope clause caps on RJ's which to this day hamstrings Eagle and other feeders' ability to fly 70-90 seaters without restrictions? The fact that Republic had to set up a separate certificate to fly the E170's, even though they weren't flying for AMR and were never going to fly for AMR, is simply ludicrous.
-- eliminated pensions? Right now, it's probably a wash with 401K contributions, but AMR put down a lot of cash over the past couple years to prop up the pension funds.

In other words, AA sacrificed being competitive on a cost basis in order to stay out of bankruptcy. Those cuts are more or less what UAL, DAL, and NWA were able to get from the courts. Had AMR been able to get similar cuts, they'd be a lot leaner on a cost basis. And there'd be between 15,000 and 25,000 fewer employees.

Great here we go. The great posturing of Management and than of the APA.

This **** makes me sick

You're in a non-union position, so why should you care? You and all the other SCAB/non-union employees will get paid as long as you show up for work.

I'm looking forward to getting our negotiations started. We will be at the exact same point as the pilots are in 1 year. Our negotiating team members are all worthless.

How 'bout not being able to go as deep with the cuts as they should have?

-- outsourcing ramp at all the spokes... That one little provision is why you see stations like PVD and PDX with poor levels of service...
-- having flight attendants cleaning turns and thrus. It's not like just about every other carrier expects their FA's to take part in keeping the cabin clean
-- being free to schedule foreign nationals north of MIA
-- outsourcing overhaul and line maintenance in the spokes
-- eliminating the scope clause caps on RJ's which to this day hamstrings Eagle and other feeders' ability to fly 70-90 seaters without restrictions? The fact that Republic had to set up a separate certificate to fly the E170's, even though they weren't flying for AMR and were never going to fly for AMR, is simply ludicrous.
-- eliminated pensions? Right now, it's probably a wash with 401K contributions, but AMR put down a lot of cash over the past couple years to prop up the pension funds.

In other words, AA sacrificed being competitive on a cost basis in order to stay out of bankruptcy. Those cuts are more or less what UAL, DAL, and NWA were able to get from the courts. Had AMR been able to get similar cuts, they'd be a lot leaner on a cost basis. And there'd be between 15,000 and 25,000 fewer employees.

Outsourcing ramp was done to save AA money so I dont consider it an AA sacrifice. Another fine example of penny wise dollar foolish. outsource to save money at the exspence of the customer

FA's cleanimg cabins. Not an AA sacrifice. They simply cut back on cabin cleaning and have the FA's pick up the slack.

Dont get your point with the foreign nationals

Outsourcing overhaul is not an AA sacrifice. They pull maint out of stations and then hire some on call company to do a half ass job for half the price

The scope clause is not a sacrifice its in the contract and has been for years.

The pensions are underfunded so i could give a rats arse if AA must make up for bad investment decisions from the past.

You call these AA sacrifices. I dont understand your logic.

AA sacrificed nothing and corporate knows it. Tomorrow's financials will tell the story. When bonus money is taken by executives on the backs of what labor made possible, then there is no longer any reason to believe anything corporate says.

A shill is a shill, period.

AA sacrificed nothing and corporate knows it. Tomorrow's financials will tell the story. When bonus money is taken by executives on the backs of what labor made possible, then there is no longer any reason to believe anything corporate says.

A shill is a shill, period.

My Suggestions:
Outsource the board of directors and Arpey's position. Most seem to like India these days. That should cut costs considerably.
Cut the executive VP level to one per every 50 aircraft rather than its present level.
Cut 80% of the 'managers' and 'directors. Make those remaining do their respective jobs or get out.
Cut 80% of the supervisors. Automate time and attendance.

FYI - the exec's bonus money does not come from AMR's funds, but comes from the present shareholders through share price dilution; ie, the execs are given new stock (not granted options as we were) to sell. This cuts the share price for those already invested in the company's stock so not only are the devils profiting from our efforts, but hosing those already invested in the corporation. The TWu raised hell about cash bonuses (which would have been a more honest way of doing things) so corporate changed the method to stock. Exactly what the company had in mind as it probably allowed for larger payments, thanks to the helpful TWU, the union we pay for so it can represent the company's best interests.

My Suggestions:
Outsource the board of directors and Arpey's position. Most seem to like India these days. That should cut costs considerably.
Cut the executive VP level to one per every 50 aircraft rather than its present level.
Cut 80% of the 'managers' and 'directors. Make those remaining do their respective jobs or get out.
Cut 80% of the supervisors. Automate time and attendance.

That's cutting a little deep don't you think? I'm sure FAA has their minimum requirements. All your big wigs were in Miami today, trying to find out why they fell on their faces over the holidays. As usual, I'm sure they warned them they were coming as I heard tell they had overtime all over the place to make sure things went smoothly while the boyz were in town. It never fails. Rumor has it bag tracers are up 2000% for the year over this same time last year. Quick turns and depeaking aside, there's no reason for it right? Only AA in it's infinite wisdom would schedule 45 minute connections at a hub where they know it takes 2 hours to clear customs and security! Bags don't make it and bag pull delays go sky high. But, they smokescreen DFW every time they visit MIA and the educated executives fall for it every time! :)

FYI - the exec's bonus money does not come from AMR's funds, but comes from the present shareholders through share price dilution; ie, the execs are given new stock (not granted options as we were) to sell. This cuts the share price for those already invested in the company's stock so not only are the devils profiting from our efforts, but hosing those already invested in the corporation. The TWu raised hell about cash bonuses (which would have been a more honest way of doing things) so corporate changed the method to stock. Exactly what the company had in mind as it probably allowed for larger payments, thanks to the helpful TWU, the union we pay for so it can represent the company's best interests.

Yeah I'm aware of that, painfully aware. If they don't improve these stock numbers, they'll have to find a way to quadruple their stock bonuses this spring or they won't make squat!

The 35 million new shares issued May 1, 2003 (to cover the non-management "W're Sorry" options) caused much more dilution to existing stockholders than the PUP/PSP shares.

So did the 25+ million shares sold by AMR to the public since the concessions were forced on the employees.

You keep harping about the massive dilution caused by the PUP/PSP shares - but that dilution ain't nothing compared to the dilution caused by the "We're Sorry" 2003 employee options and sales of new shares to the public by AMR. But don't let those pesky facts get in the way of your uninformed rants. Carry on. B)

The 35 million new shares issued May 1, 2003 (to cover the non-management "W're Sorry" options) caused much more dilution to existing stockholders than the PUP/PSP shares.

So did the 25+ million shares sold by AMR to the public since the concessions were forced on the employees.

You keep harping about the massive dilution caused by the PUP/PSP shares - but that dilution ain't nothing compared to the dilution caused by the "We're Sorry" 2003 employee options and sales of new shares to the public by AMR. But don't let those pesky facts get in the way of your uninformed rants. Carry on. B)

Yes - I'll keep harping about it. We all watched the share price go from $41 per share in January 2007 to $26/share in April 2007.

We didn't see the share price take a great hit during the "I'm sorry" issuance because the total shares were locked up for four years; only one third could be sold the first year rather than a total dump as the execs get/got to do. Yes - more shares than the exec payouts, but a rather controlled assimilation into the market (over a four year period and some are still held) unlike the executive dump, AKA the PUP/PSP freebies.

We'll not see things alike mainly because of our opposite stances - I am not pro-management in the least, nor am I totally pro-worker; I simply recognize one can't run a business while at war with one's employees as Arpey and minions seem to believe. Arpey is a bean counter; by comparison, while Crandall came from finance he also understood what it took to motivate people, very much unlike our current CEO, basically a CPA with a smile and obviously a low regard for those who earn his salary for him.