APA, USAPA and the Ghost of TWA

McCaskill-Bond was more due to APFA than APA. The TWA pilots got some feathering, versus the complete staple job of the FA group.

AirCal was a dovetail based on career expectations, not DOH. So was TWA, as much as the TWA guys don't like to admit it.

nycbusdriver said:
Yes.  I stand corrected.

How did the Air Cal merger go with the APA?
Obviously, you are clueless.

Here's how it went.

APA placed the Aircal pilots on the list based on their seats and current flying.
It was a fair plan right up to the point where AA eliminated ALL of Aircals flying, but kept the pilots. APA pilots basically said " never again".

Reno Air came along. APA said "no way" to relative merge, especially where every one of their pilots was hired after our furloughed pilots from 1992-1993. They got stapled. Good move since again, AA eliminated all of the former Reno flying.

TWA came along, and obviously with "baggage". This included a significant amount of short haul former Ozark flying that long since went to Eagle much to the chagrin of the AA pilots. TWA pilots wanted a relative merge of lists. APA said "no way", and stapled some, but protected many in their STL hub. If AA had kept a modest hub in STL, the TWA would have enjoyed the earliest upgrades in the AA system. It didn't happen and AA sheet canned the flying like Aircal and Reno. Some TWA guys feel that despite this, they deserve their original TWA DOH. Most APA pilots feel differently.

Again, you seem rather uninformed. Feel free to enlighten me if you have any better info. Feel free to retract your statement.

Mach85ER said:
Obviously, you are clueless.

Here's how it went.

APA placed the Aircal pilots on the list based on their seats and current flying.
It was a fair plan right up to the point where AA eliminated ALL of Aircals flying, but kept the pilots. APA pilots basically said " never again".

Reno Air came along. APA said "no way" to relative merge, especially where every one of their pilots was hired after our furloughed pilots from 1992-1993. They got stapled. Good move since again, AA eliminated all of the former Reno flying.

TWA came along, and obviously with "baggage". This included a significant amount of short haul former Ozark flying that long since went to Eagle much to the chagrin of the AA pilots. TWA pilots wanted a relative merge of lists. APA said "no way", and stapled some, but protected many in their STL hub. If AA had kept a modest hub in STL, the TWA would have enjoyed the earliest upgrades in the AA system. It didn't happen and AA sheet canned the flying like Aircal and Reno. Some TWA guys feel that despite this, they deserve their original TWA DOH. Most APA pilots feel differently.

Again, you seem rather uninformed. Feel free to enlighten me if you have any better info. Feel free to retract your statement.
... and hence the birth of McCaskill-Bond. While APA has the numbers, USAPA has the law. Both unions will be steering carefully through un-chartered DFR-infested waters. Navigation hazards include the floating relic of ALPA's DFR loss to TWA pilots. The defiant tone of Mr Mach is an example of what USAPA can expect down the road. DP must be giggling.

Mach85ER said:

Is English your first language?

The only statement I made was that "I stand corrected."  IS that the one you want me to retract?  Okay...I retract it.  Feel better now?

The second sentence was NOT a statement, but a question.  Do you know the difference?  Did you make it through second-grade English?

eolesen said:
Sounds like USAPA refusing to accept the reality that they soon will cease to exist...

USAPA will only cease to be the bargaining agent at some point.  

It will not cease to exist if the east pilots feel its continued existence is necessary for their protection.  In that case, it would only cease existence if the money stream dried up.  As we see with the west example, it is pretty easy to start an LLC and muck up things in federal court for years on end.

Count on it, if the APA continues down their present path.

USAPA will cease to exists ONLY when the east pilots have no need for it.  Not one minute sooner.  (The USAPA webmaster knows how to build a "DONATE" button, and it will be well attended as necessary.)

Back