APFA Negotiates MORE FLYING

Oh yeah, forgive me. That's never happened before. Has it ?

Well try this for APFA's negotiating powers. Read the RPA brief.

The brief is somewhat boring but there are some very salient points. After the RPA was first voted down and the revote passed, APFA became aware that the AA executives were going to get big bonuses. APFA decided to hold a revote because it was revealed AA executives were getting big bonuses. AA pleaded with APFA not to hold a revote because they knew the APFA membership would respond with a resounding NO to the RPA. So as a sweetner to convince APFA not to hold a revote, AA offered to fire Carty. And the APFA executive committee accepted the firing of Carty as a condition not to ask for a revote. As far as I can see it was the stupidest move ever made by a labor union. APFA had bargaing power to redo the RPA and threw it all away.

What company do u work for ?? When have you only flown 15 hrs. RSV??? This low flying on RSV has only happened in the past two months .This something the company is doing around the holidays... .... AA surely is not going to continue this manner.....Now we all know that !!!!
I say leave RSV just the way it is.... It seems like there is no solution that will please everyone so leave well enough alone.
Mark. no disrespect, but you are out of touch with the reality that is AA right now. JFK flight attendants have not flown more than 40 hours in the past 4 months on reserve unless they are purser qualified. There is NO FLYING available. I was speaking to a Chicago flight attendant who was in tears commuting the other day because she was going to miss her trip due to Eagle cancellations. She knew there was NO make-up available! Seriously, Where are you based and what is your seniority? You are clueless.
BTW, whe I was based at DCA-I I used to bid reserve purposely as I knew they would fly me an average of 20-40 hours a month and this went on for years! Get the facts before you make blanket comments.

Mark. no disrespect, but you are out of touch with the reality that is AA right now. JFK flight attendants have not flown more than 40 hours in the past 4 months on reserve unless they are purser qualified. There is NO FLYING available. I was speaking to a Chicago flight attendant who was in tears commuting the other day because she was going to miss her trip due to Eagle cancellations. She knew there was NO make-up available! Seriously, Where are you based and what is your seniority? You are clueless.
BTW, whe I was based at DCA-I I used to bid reserve purposely as I knew they would fly me an average of 20-40 hours a month and this went on for years! Get the facts before you make blanket comments.
I guess my point is that we will not see RSV just flying 40 to 50 hrs a month forever.. This is not here to stay .I know things are slow right now and AA has cut capacity but when things pick up again I'm sure we'll be back to the old way of flying the RSV to max hours. It only makes economic sense.

Agreed. with Maark..The last few years RSV f/as over NOV/DEC/JAN particularly have seen little flying but look back just to 2003 and beyond and RSV F/As were maxed out by the 20-25th or so..I know.. Ive been on reserve, at what ever domestic base, for most on my 18 plus years..many of them over the holidays..
Who is at the helm at Crew Resources determines the fate of what might happen to the line holder(RA) AVBL (Abused) RSV (Maxed Out/RS) holiday month F/As...

If you END UP here long enough..you'll see it all...

IMO..2003 Restructuring was the epicenter of coverage issues over the holidays...

Latest posts