Scheduling and the FAA

I think your friends block for October may have something to do with it. I may be mistaken, but I believe you have to look back 6 days from Oct. 1.
NOPE....we are both on reserve. He was just told again that he can only leave a list for a two day or one day.

NOPE....we are both on reserve. He was just told again that he can only leave a list for a two day or one day.
tell you friend to have the schedulers supervisor explain exactly where they are getting the rules from that they are following, and where he/she can reference the rules in print.

tell you friend to have the schedulers supervisor explain exactly where they are getting the rules from that they are following, and where he/she can reference the rules in print.
Good idea thanks. I was under the impression that it started the 1st and they had a grace period. We'll see what happens. It's going on as we speak.

Don't be cowardly, just walk right up to TG and ask her! She'll tell ya, I'm sure! If you need her contact info, it is on www.recalllaura.com. Kind of like she told me she did not negotiate something that 109UW said she was responsible for! (109 didnt bother to ask her, he/she just posted; 109UW has since apologized....) Go right to the source, she has nothing to hide at this point! :rolleyes: That's what I would do! No need to hide behind the screen name....

First of all I will not appologize for something that I know as true. The union did know about this FAR and knew about the letter (ruling) from the FAA. Safety knew it and so did the MEC and the Locals. I am disappointed that Pitbull would not be honest in her reply. I did notify the union in July and they told me that they were aware of the letter and that the company had special permission on this ruling and to just deal with it. I told them that I was going to call the FAA and they said go ahead. I DID call and talk to the authors of the actual letter referencing the FAR 121.467. They stated that the definition was quite clear and asked what our union was doing about this. I told them nothing and they could not believe it!! FAA legal said that all companys and unions were aware of this letter and the definition of this FAR I believe their direct quote was "The definition is black and white and unfortunately it sounds like your contract is making it a gray area and it is not." So as you can see I did go to the source and do not care to go back. So before you judge me know that I am not one to just sit back and to deal with it. I am one that will act on it! And as far has hiding behind a screen name I have not seen you say who you are. :up:

First of all I will not appologize for something that I know as true. The union did know about this FAR and knew about the letter (ruling) from the FAA. Safety knew it and so did the MEC and the Locals. I am disappointed that Pitbull would not be honest in her reply. I did notify the union in July and they told me that they were aware of the letter and that the company had special permission on this ruling and to just deal with it. I told them that I was going to call the FAA and they said go ahead. I DID call and talk to the authors of the actual letter referencing the FAR 121.467. They stated that the definition was quite clear and asked what our union was doing about this. I told them nothing and they could not believe it!! FAA legal said that all companys and unions were aware of this letter and the definition of this FAR I believe their direct quote was "The definition is black and white and unfortunately it sounds like your contract is making it a gray area and it is not." So as you can see I did go to the source and do not care to go back. So before you judge me know that I am not one to just sit back and to deal with it. I am one that will act on it! And as far has hiding behind a screen name I have not seen you say who you are. :up:
Lovey,

Thanks for doing all the grunt work for us. If you re-read my post, I was not asking you to apologize, I was saying that 109UW apologized. What would you be apologizing for?

What was Pitbull not honest about? Knowing about the letter? I am confused....

If I recall correctly, you were asking if TG knew about this letter. I said just ask her, rather than trying to figure it out through this board. And when I said "hiding behind the screen name," I meant just go ask her, rather than doing it here. Apologies if you misunderstood. No need to know who you are.

BTW, did you find out if TG knew about this??? Wasn't that your question in the first place?

Latest posts