Scheduling and the FAA

Pitbull was wondering if you would clear this up. It was my understanding that when you were in office that the union knew about this letter. I was told by a flight attendant that was based in PIT that you had told them about this letter when it first came out. So my question to you is did TG know about this letter or was it a well kept secret and she was not have knowledge that this letter existed. The way that she seems to come back at us when we would call the office and tell us that she knows the contract because she wrote it makes it very hard to believe that she did not know that this letter existed. I know that you know the truth on this matter.
Don't be cowardly, just walk right up to TG and ask her! She'll tell ya, I'm sure! If you need her contact info, it is on www.recalllaura.com. Kind of like she told me she did not negotiate something that 109UW said she was responsible for! (109 didnt bother to ask her, he/she just posted; 109UW has since apologized....) Go right to the source, she has nothing to hide at this point! :rolleyes: That's what I would do! No need to hide behind the screen name....

I agree. However, how do we now change the practicing standards of the elected officals that are now in office?
Run for office yourself and make the changes that need to be made. Since you seem to have it all figured out and all.

Somehow, though, I doubt that will happen.

You will chose to believe that I am EVIL and LAURA ALBERT IS MANNA. Good for her bad for me ,but folks I am happy that finally you can decide who you want to be that in itself Helps me Sleep Well...........Adios

Run for office yourself and make the changes that need to be made. Since you seem to have it all figured out and all.

Somehow, though, I doubt that will happen.

I do not ever remember saying that I had it all figured out. As a matter of fact I continue to grow more baffeled each minute. I do not know who to trust. I hope that what ever occurs in Tempe will change my mind about the representation I have seen since this asinine Rsv. sys. was allowed to be implemented. You seem pretty defensive with your comment. Does this mean you are one of the people in office that many have been refering to?

Run for Office? Could be a possibility. :D Just so you know I care nothing about participating in your p*s*ing contest. Have a good evening.

I do not ever remember saying that I had it all figured out. As a matter of fact I continue to grow more baffeled each minute. I do not know who to trust. I hope that what ever occurs in Tempe will change my mind about the representation I have seen since this asinine Rsv. sys. was allowed to be implemented. You seem pretty defensive with your comment. Does this mean you are one of the people in office that many have been refering to?

Run for Office? Could be a possibility. :D Just so you know I care nothing about participating in your p*s*ing contest. Have a good evening.

That is a problem, someone who refuses to get involved and make a difference, yet, you think you would wish to "get involved".

Perhaps when you find out how to spell,"baffled" then, you might become credible. Until you consider that this is more than a "p*s*ng" contest, please, continue to stroke your, as well as Dougies, Clenisâ„¢.

Stupidity is so, USAirways/A&W.

Bastards couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

It's not an option of changing to this FAR...FAR's are a mandate, not an option. If the FAR's are not being enforced and the company and union are aware of it, then you have no choice but to go to the FAA. You are just as responsible for your own violation as the company is. However, in this circumstance, I would suggest contacting the MEC to see where the FAA, Company and Union stand as far as implamentation of the FAR. We dont know how much time the FAA has given the company to comply.

I actually meant, when they enforce this FAR, not change to it. I know they are mandatory, something I have learned in my 17 years.

I am not pointing my finger at anyone person. I am more frustated with those that are currently in the position of protecting me from violating an FAR. This has been brought to the attention of the Co. and the Un. countless times! They knew! Pilots cannot violate it. A BH cannot fly more that 6 days without a break free from duty. If you read over this FAR it CLEARLY DEFINES that being on CALL and DUTY are one and the same. There is no gray area. I have asked for an ILG day when months overlap and I am on call 12 days in a row many times. They (the scheduler) talk to me like I am a two year old. Well who is in time out now?

Karen was not recalled.

After the road shows, She resigned Aug. 2002.

Pitbull was wondering if you would clear this up. It was my understanding that when you were in office that the union knew about this letter. I was told by a flight attendant that was based in PIT that you had told them about this letter when it first came out. So my question to you is did TG know about this letter or was it a well kept secret and she was not have knowledge that this letter existed. The way that she seems to come back at us when we would call the office and tell us that she knows the contract because she wrote it makes it very hard to believe that she did not know that this letter existed. I know that you know the truth on this matter.

From the date on the letter, it reads April 2005. I can tell you as sure as I sit and type this post that NO ONE in the U EAST MEC, nor any LEC officer, from Janaury through Dec saw or knew of a final ruling of the FAA on the issue of 24/7 until recently. In fact, the present sitting MEC President had recently called me on cell and expressed he has something to share with me that he was just notified and that I would be interested to know...

The f/a contract has language regarding 24/7 and the interpretation and practice of that language did not reflect the FAA ruling. However, the MEC was aware that the 24/7 was not being correctly interpreted for at least as long as Mid Atlantic was in operation. That is when it was really noticed and being challenged by some of the f/as at MidAtlantic from what I can remember. The U MEC never really discussed the practice on mainline. I remember a particular f/a who filed it with the FAA. And I believe that AFA International was aware of this challenge to the FAR and was waiting for a ruling (which took obviously years). As I had posted previously, the challenge of the language in the contract would not have yielded the desired results from an aribitrator if grieved. Specifically when many of the airlines in the industry practiced the same as USAirways.

I think this ruling from the FAA can now only be enforced. The airlines will all have to change their practice and comply, and it will cost ALL the airlines tens of millions.

I couldn't be personally more elated, because the other shoe just dropped, and THEY will need to negotiate and NO BK to hide behind.

Right about now, I am not so sure I want the union nor the company gambling with it. Neither one has great track records. Now is the time for them to put their heads together to come up with something that will work for all involved.

Currently, you don't really have a choice. I believe that this puts the f/as in a much better negotiating position than before this ruling came out. Think about it...

ETB has only been around for a little over a year.

Your quality of life changed because your group voted by majority for all 3 concessions and that includes the LTO system. Trying to make a living by giving up most of your days off is not something I would ever look forward to.

There needs to be a real negotiation as this effects ALL f/as (and not just at USAirways).

I think that the f/as should be anticipating a better outcome with this current ruling and making sure that it is strictly enforced... than thinking that the "save all/save all" was that ETB. If the company does nothing about this, they will have no choice but to recall and hire...as the pool of f/as must now increase substantially to cover the current schedule. My understanding is that the company last week called the MEC Neg. team to meet with them in PHX asap about this issue. Their worst outcome just occured with this ruling. :up:

Most of the lines in the bases are built to 83. So the difference between a lineholders guaranteed time and a reserve's guarantee is 10 hours. The other difference is that if the lineholder doesn't fly that time, they don't get that pay. As shittty as the reserve LTO is, depending on your years of service, the rsv is guaranteed 73 hours if they never drive to the airport all month. And any unscheuduled DH is paid ABOVE that gurantee. For the lineholder, an unscheduled DH is a split trip. They still will have to fly more to receive their block pay. I suspect that the company will have to DH f/as often until they figure this out.

And I know you know this well. I'm just pointing it out for those posters who don't know.

I also have heard from seasoned f/as in PIT who find themselves on reserve. And guess what? They think its the best kept secret. Try making sense of that. :rolleyes:

That is a problem, someone who refuses to get involved and make a difference, yet, you think you would wish to "get involved".

Perhaps when you find out how to spell,"baffled" then, you might become credible. Until you consider that this is more than a "p*s*ng" contest, please, continue to stroke your, as well as Dougies, Clenisâ„¢.

"baffled" I find it disingenuous of you to criticize a typo when your grammer is unintelligible.

Incidentally....How do you know I haven't made a difference!

Let's stick to the subject of 24/7, the FAR's, the obvious violation if continued, and quit flinging dung!

Have a good weekend! :)

I think everyone needs to get over the fact about who knew/he said she said. It here and it probably won't go away. Its gonna put a damper on some people picking up trips off the trade board. Pitbull is right it probable puts you guys in a better position. As a reserve flight attendant we should not have to rely on sacrificing all of our days off to pick up.

and now, lord god the pilot has spoken

I also have heard from seasoned f/as in PIT who find themselves on reserve. And guess what? They think its the best kept secret. Try making sense of that. :rolleyes:

sky high states: Could they be married?...have Spousal INCOME?...and want to be home with THEIR FAMILY? And, DONT CARE if they break guarantee?

Latest posts