APFA Seniority

I am sorry to hear how you were treated and I agree 100 percent they should be there for the good Flight Attendants. I just wish they would not fight so hard for the bad ones. I heard an APFA rep say to me once it is easy toi get the job of a bad flight attendant back from termination. It costs more to fight than it does to ignore so the company chooses not to fight the union when they grieve a termination. Not to long ago a male flight attendant in MIA assaulted a female flight attendant. to make a long story short neither one have been terminated. If i assaulted another employee I would be fired and justly so. equal treatment I think not

----------------
On 4/22/2003 1:52:45 PM ualflynhi wrote:

It seems that the employee cost side of the cost equation
is being addressed(maybe not to successfully does anybody know if AA management is
doing the same thing with suppliers and lessors?

----------------​
Yes, AA is discussing the same thing with suppliers and lessors, with reductions contingent on employee concessions.

FWAA,
Get real. You offer immature taunts at the entire work group and you expect to get a free pass? If I wrote one word that is inaccurate, I would apologize. But from my point of view, I only wrote the truth. If you believe everything you wrote about F/As, then I stand by the adjectives I selected to describe you. I have tact and diplomacy; I also have a backbone.
Good evening.

It seems that the employee cost side of the cost equation
is being addressed(maybe not to successfully does anybody know if AA management is
doing the same thing with suppliers and lessors?

----------------
On 4/22/2003 11:33:04 AM APFAh8r wrote:

Did you ever take into consideration that if you vote no and we go bankrupt. That means the judge throws out the contract, which means the TWA flight attandant now have AA seniority.

----------------​
Nothing could be farther than the truth than these scare tactics. The judge does not just void the contract according to her or his whim. There is an established process set forth in Section 1113 of Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.

The company''s wish list for such a proposed section 1113 motion was widely published as a scare tactic during the most recent round of negotiations over the concessionary agreements. Nothing of the sort was contained in that prospective court filing. On the contrary, the company, in those negotiations with the APFA, refused to extend recall rights to furloughed flight attendants citing the economics of recalling furloughed flight attendants at the top of the pay scale vs. hiring off the street and paying new hire wages. In other words, no one was hiding the fact that AA wants to get rid of expensive employees and replacing them with low cost ones. To expect that all of a sudden a judge in a bankruptcy proceeding will saddle the company with more expensive as opposed to cheaper labor is ludicrous.

Besides, well before the court will get a chance to rule on the issue, the parties will reach an agreement on new collective bargaining agreements, just as occurred in the UAL and US Airways cases.

TWAnr has the bankruptcy process and seconds my early post on this thread. This is not about seniority but about bankruptcy, concessions and voting. Seems we lost the thread and began talking about how people value themselves and how some F/As do not do a good job. As to the latter, that is universal not just inclined to aviation. Personally, I think it more important to talk about how vote results will effect careers, bankruptcy and the future of AA.

----------------
On 4/22/2003 12:38:00 PM A77IGW wrote:

What we need is to get rid of the Flight Attendants with 10 years of seniority or less. In my opinion they are the worst in the industry. I may be making a harsh judgement because only a few bad apples spoil it for the rest but that group is one of the worst out there. The flight Attendants with more than 10 years are for the most part the best in the industry.

And i thank god for the crew on the Richard Reid flight. They were professional and a great asset to the company. But there are still flight attendants using the a300 crash the 9/11 incident and the shoe bomber incident to get out of work and for some odd reason the company refusaes to do anything about it. Why do we allow this to happen

----------------​
Hmmm Let see.. This ONLY 3 year flight attendant has only revived a 4 year old boy in flight through CPR, Foiled an attempted breach of a cockpit, and assisted in reviving two heart attack patients in my short career here at AA. Not to mention, I am only 1 year away from completing my law degree. So your comment about junior flight attendants is pathetic and immature. If you are on my flight one day needing assistance I will do my job with pride and then laugh in your face at such a stupid comment. By the way, What''s your education level?