Really?

Then go to 1635.

I'm not trying to start anything except pointing to some facts that came up.

What I observed, since you don't want to read everything, is that there is a type of spiteful attitude towards the AA f/as. I actually hope US and AA do merge. It'll be interesting to see if this item comes up and some yell fowl.
There's nothing in post #1635 of that thread that contradicts what I posted. 700UW merely posted some links, including a link to a bitter ex-TWA site.

TWA flight attendants were stapled by the APFA. That's an indisputable fact just like the fact that 747s have four engines and 777s have two engines.

TWA pilots and mechanics were not stapled.

The reason that so many ex-TWA flight attendants are so bitter is because they were stapled. Each and every one of them was placed beneath each and every nAAtive FA hired before April 10, 2001. There were some FAs hired AFTER that date and before September 11, 2001, and those FAs were furloughed before the TWA FAs. After those nAAtive FAs were furloughed, the next several thousand FAs to be furloughed were all ex-TWA.

Reactions: 1 person
Since the TWA were not stapled, APFA may still have a sticky clause in, I believe, their CBA. Since they will be the dominant union, because they outnumber US, they really won't have a problem. MAYBE this is a smokescreen, because they're going to have another TWA scenario, and US may be getting, well whatever!
I don't know where you're coming up with the nonsense that the TWA flight attendants were not stapled. Claiming that they were not stapled is like claiming that the astronauts did not really land on the moon.

I don't see how twa mechs got screwed they received all their vacation seniority and they weren't stapled! In retrospect the twa purchase was a waste as AA got rid of everything

I would be thankful that AA purchased their pos airline and I had a job!!! Twa was on the verge of extinction and they would have lost everything! So quit bitching

I would be thankful that AA purchased their pos airline and I had a job!!!
I suspect you would be as vocal on how you were screwed over by AA as you are now (being screwed over by AA).

All airlines since deregulation have met the definition of "POS" at one time or another. You roll the dice and hope for the best any more.

I don't see how twa mechs got screwed they received all their vacation seniority and they weren't stapled! In retrospect the twa purchase was a waste as AA got rid of everything
Easy for you to say as you were not in their shoes.You are correct that AA did get rid of everything, including 98% of the mechanics. Look for yourself on the seniority roster how many are actually left on payroll. I'm gonna be laughing my a$$ off at your AArogance as USair sends everyone here packing. Karma is a rotten #####. Not everyone in Tulsa feels as you do and is glad AA, TWU, IAM, and the AFL-CIO stuck it to the TWAers. My god man they were only working stiffs just like everyone here at AA, when are scumbags like you gonna wake up and realize were all in this biz just to feed our families?

Fortunately, unlike the AAers many of the remaining TWAers here at AAJFK have penny-pinching since they their AA employment. I'm proud to say, over the years no fancy late model cars, expensive vacations and houses for these guys.

I believe most will fare well indeed.

I wish the best for all..

I am still furloughed a decade later and still accruing union dues from the sorry assoiciation/apfa...for WHAT I don't know...Laura Gladding has gone on record saying that what the apfa did to the TWA f/a's was a mistake, so the way I see it is if stapling our workforce was a mistake I shouldn't still be on the street and I sure as hell shouldn't owe back union dues while I'm sitting here on the curb!

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone here is Talking TWA. Remember AirCal?.....weren't they referred in AA contracts as " Red Tag " employees?. I remember reading that at one time. If anyone has an old contract pre 90's, look it up and let us know. I use to have a copy when i was at PSA.

Wasn't the TWA situation taking place post-9/11 and therefore the downsizing of the airline taking place? If they feathered the seniority list, the current AA F/A's would have been laid off? That is important information that may not make the stapling fair, but it is understanable how and why that may have taken place. I would suppose the current F/A's were placing a lot of pressure on that in order to not be let go.

Wasn't the TWA situation taking place post-9/11 and therefore the downsizing of the airline taking place? If they feathered the seniority list, the current AA F/A's would have been laid off? That is important information that may not make the stapling fair, but it is understanable how and why that may have taken place. I would suppose the current F/A's were placing a lot of pressure on that in order to not be let go.

The TW acquisition was pre 9/11 and made AA the worlds largest airline. There was no threat of f/a's being layed off during the time the association made the mistake to staple.

I don't know where you're coming up with the nonsense that the TWA flight attendants were not stapled. Claiming that they were not stapled is like claiming that the astronauts did not really land on the moon.

Fine! I give up-the fas were stapled!

Since APFA is an in-house union maybe their CBA had a clause to protect its membership for just such an occurrence in case of a merger. Maybe the M-B Amendment will make sure that it doesn't happen. But that is just my opinion.
I can see, honestly, why management has the upper hand in the airline industry. Mergers, seniority, benefits, etc., seem for the most part to end up in courts, where battles drag. In the real world, it is a lot simpler. When you join a union is when your seniority starts. If you change unions, regardless of years of service, you start from the bottom.

Then again maybe it is better that you take it to the courts, because ergers are actually beyond your control.

I'm not saying this to be smart or mean, but I couldn't work in the airline industry. You guys deserve a medal for the jobs you do, and for all the loopholes at managements disposal to profit them.