APFA shows it's true colors toward former TWA

I, too, read that posting and it was, indeed, JAY N., claiming to speak for all AA flight attendants, which, clearly, HE DOES NOT.

The story about the F/A seniority issue is informative.
First APFA had no policy about new workers being given new hire seniority.
2. APFA members of the APFA merger committee promised "no stapling."
3. John Ward, the head of APFA offered seniority to all TWA F/As with seniority pre 1986.
4. John Ward was angry and refused TWA F/As who were hired as strike breakers in 1986 any seniority.
5. IAM countered with DOH.
6. John Ward took the issue to the APFA representatives who yelled and screamed, "staple them."
End of story.

Maybe you should read Article 1 of the APFA CBA!

[quote name='Nor'Easta' date='Aug 1 2006, 02:01 AM' post='402161']
Maybe you should read Article 1 of the APFA CBA!
[/quote

Patterned after our SCOPE...why do you think Carty made giving up SCOPE and our LPPs a condition of the purchase/aquisition? God only knows why the IAM would be dumb enough to give up the most important article in a CBA...Must have been "satin jacket jetheimers". Or then it could have been an over dose of "clout", lol.

The main point is it never had to be all or nothing. The original SIA had both STL and JFK "protected". The APFA is the one that jumped on single carrier status, solely for the dues. Furlough fodder became a side benefit. JNs ranting and raving are nothing new. He has been very vocal from the beginning.."Off with their heads" "Get rid of the evil doers" His comments have been tucked away "just in case".

I have found his attitude to be in the very small minority of the AA f/as. I would guess that more than not, 1. do not know anyone is still furloughed 2. do not care as long as it isn't them 3. TWA, who, what where? 4. If it will help what I'm able to fly, hold, or will make my life easier, bring "them" back. 4. they are so old, are any of them still alive? 5. they won't come back, because they just came to AA to get my retirement (because many think we get $$s based on our TWA years of service....NOT!) 6. Oh for God's sake..lol

Jay N. is NOT John N., by a long shot. When we are referring to JN, we should make it clear that it is, in fact, JAY N., that we are referring to.

I am sure that John N. would be appalled to have Jay N.'s comments attributed to him.

Jay N. is NOT John N., by a long shot. When we are referring to JN, we should make it clear that it is, in fact, JAY N., that we are referring to.

I am sure that John N. would be appalled to have Jay N.'s comments attributed to him.

You are absolutely correct! Big difference in John and Jay. Polar difference.

Latest posts