Runoff Election

THB has recently posted a definitive stand on the TWA issue. Frankly, I don't think it matters who wins vis-a-vis the seniority issue. It looks like this might go to a jury trial where the result would be damages and SIA declared null and void. A jury will not rearrange seniority. That would be done by other parties.

i can only go on what i heard directly from tommie herself. so you can say what you will, i am not spreading rumors. it is fact! i, personally, do not trust tommie nor ward but i will not "schwarzenneger" tommie into office with my vote!

fliboi78 said:
i can only go on what i heard directly from tommie herself. so you can say what you will, i am not spreading rumors. it is fact! i, personally, do not trust tommie nor ward but i will not "schwarzenneger" tommie into office with my vote!
She has put it in writing! What more do you want from her? Good grief!

tell me when i ask her! one on one is much more personable than on a website. i've asked her this about a month ago in ops. there were three other fas around. we were kinda taken back by her not answering the question clearly.

fliboi78 said:
tell me when i ask her! one on one is much more personable than on a website. i've asked her this about a month ago in ops. there were three other fas around. we were kinda taken back by her not answering the question clearly.
I have to assume that you are trying to mislead the members on this board. I went to the following slate website and I can not find where anything is not clearly stated.

Tell us exactly what you asked Tommy and what her answer was.

From Backontherighttrack:

The following can be (or could
have been at the time of
publishing) found on John Ward's
campaign Web site (12/03):

(Please note the conflicting stance between APFA
President John Ward's statement to us, the
membership and his statement to the Senate,
below. Surely as APFA President, he should not
misrepresent the facts to either group, however,
the contradiction speaks for itself)

"We all know how difficult and
challenging the past four years have
been; the next four promise to be
no less so. Whether we ultimately
prevail in the TWA seniority
integration lawsuit now pending in
federal court and our future success
at the bargaining table will be
dependant (sic), in large part, upon
whom you elect."

The following is his written
testimony in the June 12, 2003,
filed statement before the
Committee on Health,
Education, Labor & Pensions in
the US Senate:

"The claims of the TWA employees
for more favorable treatment are
being actively considered in several
lawsuits and should be left to judicial
resolution." THIS ISSUE IS IN THE
COURTS and no longer on this
property. It is also no longer just
bidding seniority - it is jobs."

Tommie Hutto Blake and the Back on the
Right Track Slate are fully committed to
successfully concluding the TWA Seniority
Resolution AS IT WAS PASSED by the APFA
Board of Directors.

John Ward purporting that he is the only
candidate who will “protect†your seniority is
like a doctor promising you medical
treatment, then keeping you in the waiting
room for two years while he insists he is the
only one who can heal you.

The fact is: the reason the TWA seniority
issue has not already been resolved in the
courts is the direct result of bad legal advice
and careless handling on the part of the
current administration - led by John Ward.
APFA is the ONLY union on this property
with the TWA seniority issue still hanging
over its head.

The other unions resolved this issue long ago
with no lingering negative impact on the
original AAers'. Under our current "leader's"
watch this issue has continued to linger and
fester - unresolved - so he can now use it as a
“fear based" campaign tactic and further
deepen the wound. It’s a malicious tactic and
none of us should be taken in by it. The many
lawsuits that have been filed – only one of
which has to do with seniority – could have
and should have been vigorously pursued,
defended and resolved long ago.

Instead, John Ward and his team uses this red
herring as its only focus – not your under - 8
- hour “rest†breaks, long work hours with
no time to eat and no food on board, not the
diminution of your pay, sick time accrual and
vacation and the host of other negatives we
have all suffered as a result of the concession
agreement he negotiated so badly.

TO BE CLEAR: Upon taking office, this
slate is committed to seeing that the TWA
Seniority issue is concluded efficiently - in the
courts - with full support to the APFA Board
of Director's Resolution #4 on March 21,
2001, which specifically addresses the Board's
desire regarding the TWA seniority issue.

Remember: Base your vote on fact, not the
misconstrued twisted interpretations of the
mud-slingers and nay-sayers. We need honest
communication, not more of the same
twisted rhetoric that got us into this mess in
the first place.

JW Contradiction #2:

Sent to APFA InfoReps in June,
2003:

(Once again, note the direct contradiction)

"The claims of the TWA employees
for more favorable treatment are
being actively considered in several
lawsuits and should be left to judicial
resolution.

". . APFA firmly believes that all of
these claims are meritless and that
the courts will so determine. . ."
John Ward 6/03.

And on his Campaign Web Site
on 12/11/03:

"Now the opposing slate wants to
mislead you to think it is “in the
courts hands.†It is not!"

All I have to say is that if Ward gets re-elected the AA f/a's will continue to suffer and lose more of the same.

It is like the vote last May, all TWA voted against it but, it went through (because Ward wanted it to) and now the AA flight attendants are suffering the consequences. I do feel sorry for them working under the conditions they are but, they voted for the contract.

John Ward does not care about all his APFA members. That has been obvious! All members should be treated with respect and equality. Ward does not know how to do that. He is the poorest excuse for a union rep I have ever seen!

missintl. said:
I do feel sorry for them working under the conditions they are but, they voted for the contract.
Actually we voted NO on the concessions. APFA/John Ward violated our Constitution and re-opened the vote an extra 24 hours. This resulted in the vote changing from NO to a yes. So in reality (which you don't live in) we voted NO!

LiveInAHotel said:
missintl. said:
I do feel sorry for them working under the conditions they are but, they voted for the contract.
Actually we voted NO on the concessions. APFA/John Ward violated our Constitution and re-opened the vote an extra 24 hours. This resulted in the vote changing from NO to a yes. So in reality (which you don't live in) we voted NO!
Well, no. If you take out the STL vote--the one you seem to hate so much--the vote from the AA bases was an overwhelming Yes vote. The crooked shepherd spoke and the sheep followed.

And, if nAAtives vote for JW for no reason other than the former TWA people are not voting for him, then I predict that there won't really be a union within 5 years. Which means you have let the company win.

jimntx said:
If you take out the STL vote--the one you seem to hate so much.
Actually, I don't hate all the TWA f/a's. I hate the ones who just can't stop bi**hing about their seniority. I have friends who flew for TWA and yes they were upset about being stapled. They know that they will never get their DOH or any integration above any nAAtives on the seniority list. They know the lawsuit is going to be tossed into the old circular file. :lol:

I can't believe the obsession over this on the naative side. If you have nothing to fear or loose than just ignore us and the lawsuit. It will play out in court regardless of your opinions. Get over it!

TransWorldONE said:
I can't believe the obsession over this on the naative side. If you have nothing to fear or loose than just ignore us and the lawsuit. It will play out in court regardless of your opinions. Get over it!
Get over it...LOL! You TWA'ers keep bringing it up over and over again. I think we know who needs to get over it. The ex-TWA f/a's. Make sure you wipe off the drool on your face when you wake up from your dream.

LiveInAHotel said:
Get over it...LOL! You TWA'ers keep bringing it up over and over again. I think we know who needs to get over it. The ex-TWA f/a's. Make sure you wipe off the drool on your face when you wake up from your dream.
Liveinahotel - If it doesn't bother you - why do you keep responding?

You are shaking with fear - if you don't think you did anything wrong - just go on until the court decision. Why keep attacking people?

If we don't win - than we will go on with our life - and you can have this career (The way it is now - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy - Oh, maybe I do!). I was just hoping that there would be new people that could improve the career - however, if Ward stays in office - it will be the same, unexperienced give-away that it is now.