Arpey's Gotta Go tagline/mantra

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Over the past several many UA passengers, employees, and union officials often peddled the "Glenn's Gotta Go" mantra for his perceived mismanagement of UAL for employees, passengers, and shareholders. Given Arpey's tenure at AA and his inability to achieve sustained profitability, a positive employee morale why hasn't their been a similar sentiment at AA? There is no shortage of Arpey critics on this forum but why haven't we seen outside pressure from Wall Street, institutional investors and others involved in the airline industry. I'm not convinced a new management team would definitely be better. Perhaps bringing in new management would only make matters worse as they become acquainted to AA's strategy and culture. Arpey has spent his entire career and lives and breathes AMR.

Any thoughts?

Josh

Send him out on his AA$$. Just like the majority of the other BONUS thieves!!!!! Plus it is about time they lower the AIP benchmarks if they want us to make them anytime soon. No one cares anymore. I'm tired of them telling us how we continue to fail to meet the benchmarks. OH YEAH? Who cares? If you want us to make them, lower them or stop telling us about them!!!! $50, woo friggen hoo!

Arpey, in cooperation with the twu and the current economic Obama economy, has done a great job stalling the contracts and socking away the cash to build up a stockpile of equity to renew the fleet. Time to reward the labor groups, with industry standard pay and benefits.

Send him out on his AA$$. Just like the majority of the other BONUS thieves!!!!! Plus it is about time they lower the AIP benchmarks if they want us to make them anytime soon. No one cares anymore. I'm tired of them telling us how we continue to fail to meet the benchmarks. OH YEAH? Who cares? If you want us to make them, lower them or stop telling us about them!!!! $50, woo friggen hoo!

Once he pulls off screwing all three unions again, the BOD will award Arpey with millions more.

Over the past several many UA passengers, employees, and union officials often peddled the "Glenn's Gotta Go" mantra for his perceived mismanagement of UAL for employees, passengers, and shareholders. Given Arpey's tenure at AA and his inability to achieve sustained profitability, a positive employee morale why hasn't their been a similar sentiment at AA? There is no shortage of Arpey critics on this forum but why haven't we seen outside pressure from Wall Street, institutional investors and others involved in the airline industry. I'm not convinced a new management team would definitely be better. Perhaps bringing in new management would only make matters worse as they become acquainted to AA's strategy and culture. Arpey has spent his entire career and lives and breathes AMR.

Any thoughts?

Josh
Yeah Josh, here's my thoughts....who gives a sh*t who leads. It's the same damn BS. The Centerpork is Centerpork sir. Be it Arpey, Carty, Candall or super scammer Bernie Madoff. Out for themselves and what they can get while they can get it, power trip, micro-manage, produce lies of "Shared Sacrifice" to sell to the masses. Run the compAAny into the ground, then blame the bloody mess on those "greedy union employees" for the billions in losses. Pop the BK proof "Golden Parachute" when it all finally blows up in bankruptcy, then land on the soft silver cloud lined with ill-gotten piles of cash. Smile and shrug about the employees lives you destroyed, maybe move on to destroy another hapless company if you get bored, like Mr. Carty. Finally, enjoy some $300 a glass single malt with your lawyer and your mistress on the private jet during the flight to play golf at the private Caribbean county club for an extended stay, and well deserved rest. After all, it was well earned, those bankruptcy hearings are a b*tch.

Labor Costs are too High!!!! Ad nauseam.... It's never the high management costs paid for continued failure, "Pay for Performance" er... lack thereof. This while AA has lost BILLIONS upon BILLIONS for the last 10 years and the stock is in the toilet, with no end in sight. Buy 15 Billion in new aircraft, that will fix it.

Where is the "Lead by Example". Where's the Lee Iacocca when you need him? From his 2007 book "Where have all the Leaders Gone?"

"Am I the only guy in this country who's fed up with what's happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. We've got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, we've got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we can't even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, "Stay the course." Stay the course? You've got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. I'll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!"

Yeah....what he said..... the exit is right there....use it.

Reactions: 3 people
I thought his mantra was "it wasn't me".
Just as Carty when the executive slush fund was created for the elite, Arpey and partners are simply following the BOD's directives. The Centrepork infestation does not act unilaterally unless they want to get fired.

The board gives the accountants their direction (as well as any out of touch entity can), then goes to the next BOD meeting they are members of at some other company to impart their "wisdom" there and collect another few thousand $$ in stock for their time and trouble.

The system worked fairly good for many years but then, the greed set in with the MBA schools telling their students it's OK to do so now because all they're doing is taking jobs from the hairy mouth breathers that make up most of the USA population.

The elite want a two caste society to do their bidding and are working very hard to accomplish their goals.

Yeah Josh, here's my thoughts....who gives a sh*t who leads.

... snip

Yeah....what he said..... the exit is right there....use it.

Good post, Mr. Hackman.

FYI, the Founders did give the citizens a way to clean up the mess and return the country to its rightful owners when writing the Constitution.

Not only is there no longer any leadership however, but the population has lost its collective set of balls - rather necessary to do something about the problem.

The elites that escaped the guillotine of the French Revolution learned well - if the common man is allowed to have just enough that he fears its loss, there will never be a revolt.

OK, so now that you've fired all the current management, I guess you should just burn the place down, because apparently nobody else is going to be seen as any different, unless they agree to "restore and more".... and that ain't gonna happen.

OK, so now that you've fired all the current management, I guess you should just burn the place down, because apparently nobody else is going to be seen as any different, unless they agree to "restore and more".... and that ain't gonna happen.

No, but it's OK for the company to want more concessions!

Eric,
No sence in arguing about this anymore, we would like "restore and more", the company wants "regress and less". The company/NMB has not even attempted to meet us in the middle. In fact what they offer is chump change up front, and long term loophole's that break down to more conncessions on top of the 2003 gutting. F' it, I'd rather work under this contract and wait till the real negotiations begin, than give away anything else!

OK, so now that you've fired all the current management,
I guess you should just burn the place down
, because apparently nobody else is going to be seen as any different, unless they agree to "restore and more".... and that ain't gonna happen.
Oklahoma Seeks More Work From AMR's New Airbus Fleet – Oklahoma has started pitching American Airlines to expand its maintenance base in Tulsa to accommodate a planned new fleet of Airbus aircraft, its governor said. the European manufacturer's breakthrough order with American Airlines is expected to trigger a contest among states eager to capture the maintenance and repair work for a fleet of hundreds of Airbus A320-family planes. Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin said in an interview that she had discussed the issue "briefly" with American Airlines officials earlier this week, just ahead of the carrier's disclosure of a record-breaking order … American, a unit of AMR Corp. (AMR), focuses heavy maintenance for its existing all-Boeing fleet at the Tulsa facility, which employs 7,000. AMR said it had yet to decide where the Airbus fleet would be maintained…. (Nasdaq – Dow Jones Newswire)​

Oklahoma Seeks More Work From AMR's New Airbus Fleet – Oklahoma has started pitching American Airlines to expand its maintenance base in Tulsa to accommodate a planned new fleet of Airbus aircraft, its governor said. the European manufacturer's breakthrough order with American Airlines is expected to trigger a contest among states eager to capture the maintenance and repair work for a fleet of hundreds of Airbus A320-family planes. Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin said in an interview that she had discussed the issue "briefly" with American Airlines officials earlier this week, just ahead of the carrier's disclosure of a record-breaking order … American, a unit of AMR Corp. (AMR), focuses heavy maintenance for its existing all-Boeing fleet at the Tulsa facility, which employs 7,000. AMR said it had yet to decide where the Airbus fleet would be maintained…. (Nasdaq – Dow Jones Newswire)​

I will tell you were those POS Airbus will be worked on....

In a THIRD WORLD COUNTRY by people who can barely count to 10!

Wouldn't most people be fired for habitually lying, consistently losing billions, and having no sustainable business plan but to keep asking employees for more concessions after 8 years? No? Well.... I guess not at the Centerpork Black Hole of Bonuses for Losers.

Who said anything about burning the place down? You did, not me, I'd love to see AA prosper and grow. I'm just sick and tired of being asked to pay for continued leAAdership failures, while the "anointed ones" get rewarded for them. Shared Sacrifice my a$$....

You fire the coach for a consistently losing seasons, not the team.

Hell, we can't even get a cost of living increase without agreeing to more concessions, and that ain't gonna happen either. 2003 wasn't permanent concessions, I don't care what Brundage the brick says, I want my return on my $180,000+ investment.

Restore and more? HA!!! No, that's only for "those" people...right E?

Get out the Flame Thrower if that's the plan mAAnagement has...screw the matches.

Latest posts